The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

glad we got financial flexibility in dealing mack/cooper so we could burn it all on big free agent pieces that didnt work

Those moves were Gruden's decision. Rodney Hudson literally asked to be released and agreed to void a $3.5M bonus just to be let go, lol. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because every journalist that covers the team reported he asked to bet let go because he didn't want to be here anymore? We were originally planning to cut him and then traded him. 

I’ve seen the tweet like everyone else  but that doesn’t answer my question 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I’ve seen the tweet like everyone else  but that doesn’t answer my question 

There were never reports that we asked Rodney Hudson to take a pay cut. The reports were that he was upset that we were trying to low ball the rest of the offensive line and was tired of losing so he requested to be cut and agreed to void a $3.5M guarantee so the team would do it. In the report from the Athletic they said that players at the facility were shocked when they heard the news. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

He voided the bonus and got traded for a 3rd round pick 

After asking to be released by the team. Everyone thought he was going to be released after asking to be cut and then we found a trade partner so we got a 3rd round pick as opposed to just letting him walk. We're still paying him $12M this year, lol.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rodney Hudson's $12M in dead cap is the biggest dead cap hit ever for an offensive lineman in NFL history. @Jeremy408

He’s off the books next year and the team will have $50 million dollars in 2022 regardless of how the scene plays out

Edited by Jeremy408

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK let me start by saying  this was my initial reaction too before I started actually considering a couple of things: 

1.  Denzel good was actually a good run blocker so to lose incognito it’s not as big of a deal as you would think. Denzelle Good was actually a better run blocker than Gabe Jackson.

2. I saw this 

Watch for yourself how Rodney Hudson is as a run blocker in the 2020 as opposed to his run blocking.  I’m not even talking about just the plays that highlight him. I’m talking about every run play shown of him in a 2020 game. 

This is actually just not true

André James get paid…

2.5 mil in 2021(he can be cut after this year if he doesn’t pan out)

The most he can make is 3.4mil in 2022(1.9 million is the base)

3.4mil in 2023(assuming he still on the team by 2023 we’ll know how good he is)

By contrast this is how much Rodney Hudson gets paid

2.8mil in 2021(due to the restructure which sounds good until you realize..)..

12 mil in 2022(And you can’t cut him if he regresses at all)

11 mill in 2023(bye then he will be 34 and he still can’t cut him and no one’s going to trade a third round pick for a 34-year-old so you’re going to have to settle for less at this point)

so if it’s an issue of money this one is a no-brainer.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He’s off the books next year and the team will have $50 million dollars in 2022 regardless of how the scene plays out

And we had $12M less this year because he asked to be let go, in a year that is very likely a make or break year for Carr, Mayock, and possibly Gruden...