The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

For all you Garden haters lets put this to rest one last time.

Mack clearly was frustrated that the Raiders decided to extend quarterback Derek Carr and guard Gabe Jackson’s contracts — both fellow 2014 draft picks — before taking care of him. And they spent their 2018 budget on other players, leaving them enough cap space to only afford the $13.8 million that Mack was due to make on his fifth-year option.

“From that point on, (Mack) would not talk to anyone in our organization,” owner Mark Davis told ESPN in November 2018. “Not (general manager) Reggie (McKenzie), not Jon, not anybody. … Everybody thinks that Jon’s the one who wanted to get rid of him. Jon wanted him badly.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/don-t-forget-reggie-mckenzie-123917242.html

15 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Mack clearly was frustrated that the Raiders decided to extend quarterback Derek Carr and guard Gabe Jackson’s contracts — both fellow 2014 draft picks — before taking care of him. And they spent their 2018 budget on other players, leaving them enough cap space to only afford the $13.8 million that Mack was due to make on his fifth-year option.

“From that point on, (Mack) would not talk to anyone in our organization,” owner Mark Davis told ESPN in November 2018. “Not (general manager) Reggie (McKenzie), not Jon, not anybody. … Everybody thinks that Jon’s the one who wanted to get rid of him. Jon wanted him badly.”

Whenever I say this it gets ignored. 
now watch someone’s gonna say “ Mark Davis was supposed to say that” smh

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

By the way for the record the reason why Reggie thought that he was smart and doing that was because of the fluke 2016 year where they were bad on defense but still were able to go to the playoffs because the offense was going against bottom 11 teams and/or bottom 10 defenses

Edited by Jeremy408

17 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

He didn’t help with Situation this year but if you actually understand the cap you understand that next year one of the reasons why we will have $50 million is because we’re not on the books anymore for him. That’s a very important piece of this whole thing.

He can’t be cut for another two years without surrendering dad money so the idea was we might as well get a third round pick for him while people still value him highly because as he gets older he won’t be valued at third round pick but you also can’t move on from him so you’ll end up being stuck in this weird purgatory situation

Can you please provide a link to Hudson's contract details year by year.  I do not know where you are getting all this guaranteed money from.  Hudson's total deal was for 33 million.

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Can you please provide a link to Hudson's contract details year by year.  I do not know where you are getting all this guaranteed money from.  Hudson's total deal was for 33 million.

Here are both of them:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/rodney-hudson-7774/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/las-vegas-raiders/andre-james-29367/

12 hours ago, Turnobili said:

i just like getting ahead of market, before cap inflation, etc. part of why carr looks like a bargain now is because he was extended a while ago

well next year cap relief: 

• Hudson contract off the books 
  • Nassib and Kwit(make or break year for him) cut
  • Not picking up Ferrell 5th year option, big year for him  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That’s exactly how I remembered it

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sorry I was not more clear but I wanted to find the yearly details of the Hudson contract with us.  I am sure we paid all of his guaranteed money when we traded him.  So getting out of his contract over the next couple years would not have been that big of a deal.  I believe he had very little guaranteed after this year but since spotrac erases the information once they have a new contract I can not find it.  From what I remember he only had guarantees from the restructuring bonus which was $3-4 million a year.

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

By the way for the record the reason why Reggie thought that he was smart and doing that was because of the fluke 2016 year where they were bad on defense but still were able to go to the playoffs because the offense was going against bottom 11 teams and/or bottom 10 defenses

it was no fluke, you are who your record says you are we beat some good teams that year. you can use this logic every year if this was the case. the biggest mistake we made the year after was turning over the offense to Downing. 

• Like 1