The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

?? You don't think he played well last year?

I think his play last year looked better then what it really was because how bad the defense was. I don’t think he’s a bad LB. I have stated since GB was hired that I hate him as the nickle LB. Raiders hands are tied with the options so he’s gonna get those snaps but hope one of the young guys steps up which is not likely. 

19 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Bradley said Ferrell is with the second group of pass-rushers. Damn that pick to hell.

I got slammed for bashing that pick on draft day and had to listen to 2 years of excuses for his diminishing returns. I will be ecstatic if we're able to move him soon. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I got slammed for bashing that pick on draft day and had to listen to 2 years of excuses for his diminishing returns. I will be ecstatic if we're able to move him soon. 

A lot of people in here didn’t like the pick. There were only a few that made the argument it was a good pick. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was also slammed for saying Maxx and Yannick would be the starters. And told Ferrell would start because he's an elite run defender. Dude sucks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

oh wow i couldnt read for a minute lol

😂 It is strange that they haven’t given a description of the injury, they were hopeful of him being back this week as well. 

Edited by Dessie

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I think his play last year looked better then what it really was because how bad the defense was. I don’t think he’s a bad LB. I have stated since GB was hired that I hate him as the nickle LB. Raiders hands are tied with the options so he’s gonna get those snaps but hope one of the young guys steps up which is not likely. 

I actually think he's underrated in coverage. Metrics also back it up. Granted, he's never been a Cory Littleton in coverage. But he's smart and can play zone coverage pretty well.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I actually think he's underrated in coverage. Metrics also back it up. Granted, he's never been a Cory Littleton in coverage. But he's smart and can play zone coverage pretty well.

he was a victim of having to cover for a long time, but was never lost. was always pretty close in coverage. 

our Cbs will also benefit.

Season is really gonna come down to the interior OL and DL this year. If Ferrell, Philon, McCoy and Jefferson play well the defense could actually be good. Definitely is a big if.

If James/Simpson/Incognito/Good play well, ditto for the offense.

If both groups play well we make the playoffs. If one does we go 8-9. If neither do, well it’s gonna be a long season.