The Mega Offseason Workout/OTA/Training Camp Thread

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

lol not saying anything none of us ever said, but coming from a player speaks voluems 

Can I give this all mike allowable likes for the next month.  Great seeing a player confirm what many of us thought.  Sucks we wasted draft capital and free agents on his system.  This does give me less confidence in Gruden also.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Can I give this all mike allowable likes for the next month.  Great seeing a player confirm what many of us thought.  Sucks we wasted draft capital and free agents on his system.  This does give me less confidence in Gruden also.

Ditto. 

Though Gruden lost my confidence year 1 with some of the moves and play calling and lack of accountability.

Some here are bigger fans of this or that player, but I think we all appreciate them going out and playing for us. 

I don't know if I necessarily agree with some of the "we lack leadership" sentiment that goes on here at times. To me, Gruden has failed the players several times, and I don't think we win as many games the last 2 years without some solid possibly unsung heroes on the roster. 

We knew some guys needed to go (Leavitt), but I'm glad to see most of our guys return as I wholeheartedly believe we do more winning in spite of Griden than we win from his coaching. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Ditto. 

Though Gruden lost my confidence year 1 with some of the moves and play calling and lack of accountability.

Some here are bigger fans of this or that player, but I think we all appreciate them going out and playing for us. 

I don't know if I necessarily agree with some of the "we lack leadership" sentiment that goes on here at times. To me, Gruden has failed the players several times, and I don't think we win as many games the last 2 years without some solid possibly unsung heroes on the roster. 

We knew some guys needed to go (Leavitt), but I'm glad to see most of our guys return as I wholeheartedly believe we do more winning in spite of Griden than we win from his coaching. 

I think ultimately, leadership has to come from the top down. Having leaders in the locker room is one thing but if there isn't a clear, concise vision that everyone buys into there'll be fractures and confusion. I don't think the players trusted Guenther and that was a dreadful hire that the players must have questioned and probably undermined the whole FO. I like Gruden as a coach and offensive mind but I feel he can be too impulsive and whilst I don't think he's fundamentally dishonest he flips and flops and seems to say things on a whim which people and players remember. He has to start leading from the front and communicating our plan and vision. I have no idea what that is as we chop and change so much as players probably feel that too.

Del Rio did a fantastic job in 2016 when he trusted the players against the Saints to go for two and win the game rather than go for the draw and I think the players bought in and felt trusted and empowered that year with Mack and Carr leading each side of the ball. We need Gruden to bring the team together under a single vision to get that positive feeling in the team. I think Bradley could be a good one but Gruden and his man management worry me. He has to set the standard and be accountable if he's holding others accountable.

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean he's right. If the defense was half average we win at least 1 playoff game last year.

It’s really that simple. It’s why I don’t really care about the offensive moves we make. That’s not why we win or lose. We’ve been established as an offense since the 2nd half of 2018. Our problem is that teams can score in 30 seconds or more if they need to(unless we get lucky once in a while). Defense is going to really determine how far we go. 

that said, I like our defense much more more than I have in a while. Particularly at..

1. The DC(what was the last time we had a notable Defensive Coordinator with an actual track record of success building his own defense?)

2. The interior line- now that the 53 man roster has been revealed it’s great to see the blame the day yeah there’s a season at the interior. They didn’t put their faith in one guy but instead got 6 guys they liked 1 way or another because of their upside and saw who panned out. Do you have two guys that look good rushing the passer(Philon and Gerald McCoy). I think Quentin Jefferson and Solomon Thomas can be good rotational guys. 

3. Safety-I appreciate all they got rid of anybody in this area they didn’t have talent. Even though getting going to call Joseph was upsetting I do like Rodrick teamer(Who started at safety under does Bradley in 2019 as a rookie) drafting Gillespie was clutch. Now we have two guys backing up the starters that could start themselves. 

I could see them being a top 20 defense which bodes well for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Missing Richie would suck for week 1. Ravens gonna blitz like crazy as always so a guy who’s seen it all instead of a second year player would be a huge loss. 

I'm not overly worried about the Baltimore game. They had a rash of injuries on the O-line the QB missed time in training camp with Covid 19 plus the starting RB is out for the year.

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm glad Amik made it. I thought there was a chance he was getting cut for vets. I honestly dont think there Is much of a gap between Amik and Arnette is terms of talent. 

You can make a strong case Amik is better than Arnette, the only issue with Amik is that he's tiny. Amik's college tape was better than Arnette's and if he was 5'11-6'0" he would've been a 1st round pick.