Paul-Mac Mock v1.0 (1 round, trades and blurbs)

paul-mac

Team Player Position College Trade Notes
1 Jacksonville Jaguars Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson   Urban Meyer has all but confirmed this will be the pick
2 New York Jets Zach Wilson QB BYU   The Darnold trade confirms the Jets will take a signal caller here. Never say never, but all odds point to the BYU passer being their guy.
3 San Francisco 49ers (f/HOU via MIA) Justin Fields QB Ohio State   I'll buy the Mac Jones thing when I see it. Fields is the one guy outside of the top two that's genuinely worth selling the farm for.
4 Washington Football Team (f/ATL) Trey Lance QB North Dakota State Atlanta trade the 4th pick to Washington for the 19th pick, two third round selections (#74 and #82) and first round selections in 2022 and 2023 WFT sells the farm to get their guy
5 Cincinnati Bengals Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU   Bengals will use Riley Reiff as a stopgap for now and bolster their OL later in the draft. I can't see them turning down the chance to add Burrow's college target
6 Miami Dolphins (f/PHI) Kyle Pitts TE Florida   Miami traded back up with the intention of grabbing the draft best pass catching weapon
7 Detroit Lions Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama   Detroit considers trading back but ultimately decide to stay put and grab their Kenny Golladay replacement
8 Carolina Panthers Penei Sewell OT Oregon   Panthers run to the podium to grab the elite LT prospect
9 Chicago Bears (f/DEN) Mac Jones QB Alabama Denver trades #9 to Chicago for #20, their third rounder #83 and their 2022 first rounder Under pressure Pace and Nagy trade up to get their guy.
10 Dallas Cowboys Patrick Surtain CB Alabama   First defender comes off the board.
11 New York Giants DeVonta Smith WR Alabama   Giants find a running mate for Golladay.
12 Philadelphia Eagles Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina   Eagles miss out on the wideouts, so they pivot to defense and can grab their WR later on.
13 Los Angeles Chargers Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern   Chargers have one of the worst OL's in the league on paper
14 Atlanta Falcons (f/MIN) Jaelan Phillips DE Miami Minnesota trades #14 to Atlanta for #19 and their third round pick #74 Atlanta packages one of the picks from the trade back to move up and get the top rated pass rusher.
15 New England Patriots Jamin Davis LB Kentucky   Patriots pull a stunner at #15
16 Denver Broncos (f/ARI) Micah Parsons LB Penn State Arizona trades #16 to Denver for #20 and third rounder #83 Broncos move up to finally get Fangio his ILB
17 Las Vegas Raiders Christian Barmore DT Alabama   Mayock loves his big school players. Barmore is one guy the NFL loves more than the media
18 Miami Dolphins Najee Harris RB Alabama   Six Bama players in the top 18.
19 Minnesota Vikings (f/WAS via ATL) Alijah Vera-Tucker OT USC   Vikings bolster their OL
20 Arizona Cardinals (f/CHI via DEN) Greg Newsome CB Northwestern   Cardinals grab their replacement for PP
21 Indianapolis Colts Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech   Colts need to replace Anthony Costonzo, who retired. Darrisaw represents good value.
22 Tennessee Titans Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota   Titans have AJ Brown and not much else at WR. Bateman is the early favourite to be the 4th WR off the board.
23 New York Jets (f/SEA) Eric Stokes CB Georgia   Jets have two first rounders, so makes sense to bolster both their offense and their defense.
24 Pittsburgh Steelers Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame   Steelers OL could be really bad
25 Jacksonville Jaguars (f/LAR) Trevon Moehrig SS TCU   Jaguars have two first rounders, so makes sense to bolster both their offense and their defense.
26 Cleveland Browns Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame   Browns almost have a complete roster so they can afford to go pure BPA. JOK is versatile and will add value to their defense.
27 Baltimore Ravens Terrace Marshall Jr WR LSU   Ravens grab their bigger running mate for Hollywood Brown
28 New Orleans Saints Caleb Farley CB Virginia Tech   Saints take a chance on the falling Farley
29 Green Bay Packers Kadarius Toney WR Florida   Aaron Rodgers finally gets his first round wideout
30 Buffalo Bills Asante Samuel Jr CB Florida State   Samuel goes to the AFC East just like his dad.
31 Kansas City Chiefs Teven Jenkins OT Texas   Chiefs cut both their tackles on the same day, so time for them to grab a replacement.
32 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jayson Oweh OLB Penn State   Tampa are running it back, but JPP is at the tail end of his career

59 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Atlanta is solid. But if they trade back up, I could see them targeting Micah Parsons as a potential EDGE over Phillips.

I'm not a big fan of Parsons as a full-time edge. I think he'd be better as a blitzing LBer rather then a full-time rusher.

Philips feels like allot better option

Edited by Falconof Shadows

3 minutes ago, Falconof Shadows said:

I'm not a big fan of Parsons as a full-time edge. I think he'd be better as a blitzing LBer rather then a full-time rusher.

Philips feels like allot better option

Phillips injury history makes it tougher to trust him as a long-term solution, tbh. I think Parsons would be better as a full time edge.

Im with Scar on this one trading back up for Parsons is the way to go here.  Phillips where as he is a solid player isn't a guy i would target in the top 15 his injury history is way to sketchy for that to happen.  If Phillips is there in the 2nd round or late 1st i might take a strong strong look at him then but never top 15.

Parsons on the other hand i would actually even be happy with if we took in the top 10 im a huge fan of his and if we do a smaller trade down to say 9 with Denver Parsons is my target for sure or Surtain either one of those 2 im cool with.    At 14 Parsons is an absolute no brainer to me though and i would be running the pick up to the desk is a full sprint pushing people out the way XD