Goldfish's Big Board (100 Up)

goldfishwars

9 hours ago, TJM217 said:

Also for your Newsome bio you got zone teams loving him and the Titans as interested but they are moving to a man heavy scheme (at least that is the assumption with cutting Butler). 

Oh teams could definitely talk themselves into Newsome playing a bunch of press man, he just wasn't doing it very much so would have to learn the techniques. He's more sticky than physical really.

7 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I liked other players more than them

You’re not wrong. I have Trask around 60th but don’t have any of the others in my Top 100. Mayfield and Carman are very overrated. Mond is a pure backup in the NFL. Shaun Wade will not succeed in the NFL. 

Really good read. I am interested hearing more from you about Stone Forsythe. Do you view him as a high upside player based on his size and athletic profile? Could he end up being a player that goes quite a bit higher than many people expect? All things considered, I would prefer Forsythe over Radunz for the Chiefs. This might sound crazy, but could Forsythe possibly be a surprise late first round pick?

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

🙌 100 writes ups!

fwiw...Since it's the only comp you included I'm going to assume you feel really good about it....but get that Nick Chubb - Javonte comp out of there. Chubb is 100% a homerun hitter. Williams is most certainly not.

I've taken it out as I don't like player comps. I still think it's fine, people said Chubb wasn't a homerun runner when was coming out FWIW.

In your recent mock draft you have Mond, Brevin Jordan, Mayfield, Ossai and Trask drafted in the 2nd round, Spencer Brown, Andre Cisco, Browning, Roche and James Hudson drafted in the 3rd.

All are not in your top 100 but clearly that is not consistent with that mock at all based on the top 100 picks.  Has something changed since then?

Guys like Caden Sterns, LeCounte, Trey Hill, Moore and Patrick Jones are consistent with you not having them as top 100 players based on where you have them in the mock though.  I was curious about that mock ranking being that different from top 100 player ranking

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

In your recent mock draft you have Mond, Brevin Jordan, Mayfield, Ossai and Trask drafted in the 2nd round, Spencer Brown, Andre Cisco, Browning, Roche and James Hudson drafted in the 3rd.

All are not in your top 100 but clearly that is not consistent with that mock at all based on the top 100 picks.  Has something changed since then?

No, it's a mock draft

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, goldfishwars said:

I liked other players more than them

I agree with you with all of those except Wade, who I think will be a playmaking safety and good as a slot CB from time to time if needed, he just isn't a boundary CB which is what he tried to be this past year.

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I agree with you with all of those except Wade, who I think will be a playmaking safety and good as a slot CB from time to time if needed, he just isn't a boundary CB which is what he tried to be this past year.

Yeah, he's a tough one because he's a descending talent in terms of his on-field product. A physical player for sure and he was good last year in the slot. But he got absolutely cooked by some decent receivers this last season, who all seemed to know he didn't transition well. His feet get jumbled, he struggles to balance. I did hear one theory that he was struggling with this turf toe injury for a while and that might have played into that. Hopefully. Sounds like a change to safety would be good for him. 

Interesting list, as always.

DeVonta Smith over Chase is interesting.  I guess you're not as phased by his size as everyone else is.  It certainly would worry me as a GM.

Jayson Oweh at 23 is also kinda odd IMO.

Love Sample being 71.

23 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Really good read. I am interested hearing more from you about Stone Forsythe. Do you view him as a high upside player based on his size and athletic profile? Could he end up being a player that goes quite a bit higher than many people expect? All things considered, I would prefer Forsythe over Radunz for the Chiefs. This might sound crazy, but could Forsythe possibly be a surprise late first round pick?

I think you draft Forsythe if you want a flat out pass protector. He's just so good at using his length advantage. Needs refinement as a run blocker, but that's where the athletic profile and scheme fit help with the Chiefs. I can see why they like him, absolutely can see him taken at the end of round 1 as he probably won't be there at the end of 2.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Interesting list, as always.

DeVonta Smith over Chase is interesting.  I guess you're not as phased by his size as everyone else is.  It certainly would worry me as a GM.

Jayson Oweh at 23 is also kinda odd IMO.

Love Sample being 71.

There's not much in it with Chase and Smith, but if I need to convert a third down with the game on the line then I'm looking at Smith first.

Seems like I'm higher in Oweh than most. The no sacks is significant, but it's not really what you see. Those traits are just wild, blows the door off every threshold which normally signifies success. Needs a patient landing spot.