Goldfish's Big Board (100 Up)

goldfishwars

Gold,

Interested to get your take on Creed Humphrey. I have seen alot of scouting reports that seem to paint him as a "phone booth" type of interior blocker that is somewhat athletically limited. His pro day workout seemed to indicate he is much more athletic from a measurables standpoint than he is often given credit for. Is this a case of the blocking scheme at Oklahoma not showcasing his athleticism or that his athleticism is more measurable (workout performance) than functional (translates to the field)?

If he has made a high level impact on the field for a big time program (which would likely be a consensus) and his athleticism is functional, wouldn't that be the recipe for a highly graded center prospect with first round value?

Edited by nicfre2011
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

Gold,

Interested to get your take on Creed Humphrey. I have seen alot of scouting reports that seem to paint him as a "phone booth" type of interior blocker that is somewhat athletically limited. His pro day workout seemed to indicate he is much more athletic from a measurables standpoint than he is often given credit for. Is this a case of the blocking scheme at Oklahoma not showcasing his athleticism or that his athleticism is more measurable (workout performance) than functional (translates to the field)?

If he has made a high level impact on the field for a big time program (which would likely be a consensus) and his athleticism is functional, wouldn't that be the recipe for a highly graded center prospect with first round value?

Been trying to square the Humphrey athleticism circle for a while. On film, he kind of looks awkward out in space - sometimes lumbering, sometimes whiffs on guys at the second level. We know he's actually a really good athlete from testing, so my guess is that a) he has had some conditioning issues (wears down) and b) the lack of length in his arms (sub 32) really shows up when he's trying to secure blocks in the second level or c) a different athlete in pads.  

I like it, more than most. Sure, I have differences. But on the "Ozzy list" I only have one of them in my Top 100, like a number of others.

My biggest difference is I see Humphrey as a natural ZBS center, more than man power. I think he might be GB's first round pick. Not sure of it, but it would not surprise me.

Edited by Techbert