How many times will the Jets trade up or trade down?

Big T

From the lone draft class attributed to Joe Douglas, he has made trading down something by which he loads up on draft capitol. The question than arises is or was it a one year happening or can we expect JD to continue that trend?

If there is a team to watch in the second round depending on QB's available the Jets could trade back with a QB needy team say for Mills, Trask and or Mond. Could be N.E., Denver, Carolina, and Washington. 

Interested in knowing who you think may move up or if the Jets could shock the NFL and move up from 23 to grab another premier player.

The Jets will NOT move up. JD loves his picks and will only trade down to grab picks. I think we are pretty much down on trading picls. The Jets are loaded with picks next year. i think the Jets would do trade down next year to grab more picks for 2023. So my answer is 0 times they will move. Now they could trade a player to get an extra draft pick but I don't see that either. 

JD covets draft picks. I absolutely expect a trade back where warranted. The most likely is at 23. I think he will be targeting CB or LB at 23 unless a talent falls. Since I don’t think a worthy CB or LB will be available at 23, I can see him trading down no further than 10-15 picks.

I don’t see a move up. A big time talent would have to fall within striking range. Something along the lines of a Parsons falling to late teens. 

Edited by xrade

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

JD covets draft picks. I absolutely expect a trade back where warranted. The most likely is at 23. I think he will be targeting CB or LB at 23 unless a talent falls. Since I don’t think a worthy CB or LB will be available at 23, I can see him trading down no further than 10-15 picks.

I don’t see a move up. A big time talent would have to fall within striking range. Something along the lines of a Parsons falling to late teens. 

Ya if a talent like Parsons, D. Smith, Sewell, Slater, Chase, Surtain fall into very late teens or early 20's I could see a small trade up and lose a 3rd round pick or a second round pick next year to move up 3 or 4 spots. 

I'd love to trade up and get a player finally. But it's been a long time since we've done that early in the draft (besides for Darnold or Sanchez).

That all being said... I do think he will try and trade back like he did last year and acquire more picks if he doesn't love the board or values several guys in that spot. 

44 minutes ago, Big T said:

From the lone draft class attributed to Joe Douglas, he has made trading down something by which he loads up on draft capitol. The question than arises is or was it a one year happening or can we expect JD to continue that trend?

If there is a team to watch in the second round depending on QB's available the Jets could trade back with a QB needy team say for Mills, Trask and or Mond. Could be N.E., Denver, Carolina, and Washington. 

Interested in knowing who you think may move up or if the Jets could shock the NFL and move up from 23 to grab another premier player.

By the time we get to our second pick in the third round we already will have drafted four players, so there is a good chance Douglas might make some kind of move with that pick. You mention Trask, he had a huge year with the Florida Gators, he had 42 TD;s pass and put up huge numbers against strong SEC teams, he could be a good pick for some other team. I am sure this will be a last minute decision by Douglas, if the player he likes is still there with the second pick in the third round he will grab that player. Once we get to the fourth round anything could happen.

Just now, doumeyer said:

By the time we get to our second pick in the third round we already will have drafted four players, so there is a good chance Douglas might make some kind of move with that pick. You mention Trask, he had a huge year with the Florida Gators, he had 42 TD;s pass and put up huge numbers against strong SEC teams, he could be a good pick for some other team. I am sure this will be a last minute decision by Douglas, if the player he likes is still there with the second pick in the third round he will grab that player. Once we get to the fourth round anything could happen. With that said I would love to move up to the low teens, but I don't see that happening.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Quite frankly we don’t need more picks. Grab quality of quantity. I mean we have 2 1st, 2 3rds, 2 5ths, 2 6ths. Next year have 2 1 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 4ths. At a point it’s about grabbing talent and not just adding picks.

This is true. But if you believe the draft is 3 rounds strong, you could get two decent starters instead of one really good one. It all depends on JD’s mindset and that could be it. Personally, I would rather have the one really good starter to fill hole that we do not have to worry about for a while.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

Not a chance Rick, that is a to good of a pick to give up. Every year a good player slips out the first round, and he will be there for us.

lol JD did it last year before picking Mims and people went crazy because of the names who were out there.