Browns Release Sheldon Richardson

carrolljcmc

4 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Are the Browns strapped for room? Seems like that D needs all the help it can get, unless the room is needed for someone else.

Browns biggest issue last year was the DL. It was LB and secondary. They went out and signed the best safety on the market and one of the better corners and a serviceable LB. While also getting a 2nd rd talent back from injury  at safety and potentially another one at corner. Also got one of their better DTs back after sitting out because of covid.  Browns defense is already better than last year and the draft isnt here, where they can improve it by investing at least the first 2 picks

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

I think you're forgetting the 1.5 sacks he brings to the table.

He made some TFLs and good run stops here and there, but at this point in his career he is a rotational guy. I don't think he's super effective as a every down DT anymore.

He's solid, but he's far from a 10m+ year player

Edited by AkronsWitness

20 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I hope the Panthers take a look.  We still need to add a good 3-tech to play next to Derrick Brown.

Man, I'm just a teensy bit miffed by that edge rotation. And then Brown on the inside? Reddick, Burns, Gross-Matos, Christian Miller. What a young, promising DL.

On 4/17/2021 at 1:38 AM, Uncle Buck said:

It would make a lot of sense for you guys to bring him back to Minnesota.  He's used to the scheme and he left on good terms last time.

You're all in on Jacksonville? No more love for the Vikings?

If so, what would you do if Jville traded Lawrence to Minnesota?

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You're all in on Jacksonville? No more love for the Vikings?

If so, what would you do if Jville traded Lawrence to Minnesota?

As long as my dad is alive I'll be watching Vikings games with him and cheering for them for his sake, but to be honest, I've moved on emotionally from the team.  I'll never cheer for them to lose, because I think Vikings fans have gone through enough.  You guys are a great bunch, and I will always be hoping to see you get the happiness of cheering your team on to a Super Bowl win.  You have certainly earned it. 

About the only situation where I'd be actively cheering for them to lose is when they play the Jaguars.  A Vikings/Jags Super Bowl would be a real buzzkill for me because I'd have to be cheering for the Vikings to lose another one and I wouldn't want to see that. 

Probably the best way I can think of to describe it is that it's like a girlfriend you break up with on good terms.  We had a good run for 50 years, but the love just disappeared from the relationship and it was time to move on.  That's where I'm at with the Vikings. 

To answer your second question, if the Jags traded Trevor to the Vikings, I'd just know that I'm probably in for a long, brutal relationship with my new team.  It would be like leaving your wife for a younger, more beautiful girl and finding out that she is a complete mental case!  Hahaha.  I'd still stick in with them though.  I'm not someone who jumps around at the drop of a hat.  If I have to go through a lot of bad years with them, so be it.  It's only a game to watch for fun. 

At this point, I'd have to admit that the Bears are probably my favorite NFC team to follow.  I just like a lot about their city and, like the Vikings, they have a great group of fans here on Football's Future too.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

At this point, I'd have to admit that the Cardinals are probably my favorite NFC team to follow.  I just like a lot about their Valley and, like the Vikings, they have a great group of fans here on Football's Future too.

Oh, so sweet! Thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

As long as my dad is alive I'll be watching Vikings games with him and cheering for them for his sake, but to be honest, I've moved on emotionally from the team.  I'll never cheer for them to lose, because I think Vikings fans have gone through enough.  You guys are a great bunch, and I will always be hoping to see you get the happiness of cheering your team on to a Super Bowl win.  You have certainly earned it. 

About the only situation where I'd be actively cheering for them to lose is when they play the Jaguars.  A Vikings/Jags Super Bowl would be a real buzzkill for me because I'd have to be cheering for the Vikings to lose another one and I wouldn't want to see that. 

Probably the best way I can think of to describe it is that it's like a girlfriend you break up with on good terms.  We had a good run for 50 years, but the love just disappeared from the relationship and it was time to move on.  That's where I'm at with the Vikings. 

To answer your second question, if the Jags traded Trevor to the Vikings, I'd just know that I'm probably in for a long, brutal relationship with my new team.  It would be like leaving your wife for a younger, more beautiful girl and finding out that she is a complete mental case!  Hahaha.  I'd still stick in with them though.  I'm not someone who jumps around at the drop of a hat.  If I have to go through a lot of bad years with them, so be it.  It's only a game to watch for fun. 

At this point, I'd have to admit that the Bears are probably my favorite NFC team to follow.  I just like a lot about their city and, like the Vikings, they have a great group of fans here on Football's Future too.

Jacksonville is a terrible "city". It's run down and dirty. The stadium is awful even with the dumb pool idea. It's already overcrowded and the beaches are dirty. Its really just southern Georgia. Minneapolis could be the same but I havent been there in a few years.

Edited by TENINCH

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Jacksonville is a terrible "city". It's run down and dirty. The stadium is awful even with the dumb pool idea. It's already overcrowded and the beaches are dirty. Its really just southern Georgia. Minneapolis could be the same but I havent been there in a few years.

Yeah, I've heard it's one of the biggest cities in the south.  I'm not sure I'd want to live in the city, but I'll probably end up down in Florida somewhere.  I've been to Naples and really liked it there.  That could be the eventual destination.  In a few years I'll probably do some road tripping to find out where I'll end up retiring to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Yeah, I've heard it's one of the biggest cities in the south.  I'm not sure I'd want to live in the city, but I'll probably end up down in Florida somewhere.  I've been to Naples and really liked it there.  That could be the eventual destination.  In a few years I'll probably do some road tripping to find out where I'll end up retiring to.

Sorry I was just kidding. I edited or thought I did to add some smiling faces but it didn't work on my phone. It's a good city. TPC and all those fun retirement sports are here. Decent food but the beaches do stink. Great starting spot for all the great Florida sites..

Edited by TENINCH