Browns Release Sheldon Richardson

carrolljcmc

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Sorry I was just kidding. I edited or thought I did to add some smiling faces but it didn't work on my phone. It's a good city. TPC and all those fun retirement sports are here. Decent food but the beaches do stink. Great starting spot for all the great Florida sites..

Ahh, OK.  Hahaha.  I'll have to check it out.  It would be fun going to a game there some day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Ahh, OK.  Hahaha.  I'll have to check it out.  It would be fun going to a game there some day. 

Hit me up when you move down here sometime and we can go together. I've been there 4 or 5 times. Wasn't really interested because it wasn't the Vikings but Trevor would be fun to see in person.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

a struggling defense gets rid of one of it's best run defenders in order to make room for jadaveon clowney and his 4 games he'll play this year. Interesting.

Bruh, worry about your QB learning how to complete a 10 yard out consistently and not wasting Hollywood Brown's career, worry about your own house.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 4/16/2021 at 3:21 PM, MWil23 said:

Kind of a big surprise. He was very productive last year. We now are down both starting DT from 2021, albeit ogunjobi wasn’t great.

I see no issue with eventually upgrading the position, it happens. His production didn't match the number he was receiving, this is how you consistently have cap flexibility and not be stuck in bad contracts. 

Also Ogunjobi was a disaster last year, im not mad at all, Richardson was a good guy and all and played hard but we have to keep the bar high 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:27 PM, Blackstar12 said:

Weird move considering how injury prone Clowney is. 

I don't see the correlation, Clowney and Richardson play two totally different positions 

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I see no issue with eventually upgrading the position, it happens. His production didn't match the number he was receiving, this is how you consistently have cap flexibility and not be stuck in bad contracts. 

I understand not paying a guy because he's not worth it, which is unfortunate with Richardson. That said, he's still good. He's just not $13 million a year good. Ogunjobi was underwhelming (agreed), but my point is that with this release, on paper the Browns are worse without him, and IMO, their Front 7 has been a downgrade on paper this year up to this point.

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Also Ogunjobi was a disaster last year, im not mad at all, Richardson was a good guy and all and played hard but we have to keep the bar high

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it's a bad precedent to overpay players, but on the other hand, the Browns have the cap flexibility to keep him...and going with this logic, Jarvis, OJB, and Njoku are all VERY overpaid based upon the production compared to the number that they're receiving. Why is it okay to keep the bar high with Richardson but not with those 3 players?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I understand not paying a guy because he's not worth it, which is unfortunate with Richardson. That said, he's still good. He's just not $13 million a year good. Ogunjobi was underwhelming (agreed), but my point is that with this release, on paper the Browns are worse without him, and IMO, their Front 7 has been a downgrade on paper this year up to this point.

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, it's a bad precedent to overpay players, but on the other hand, the Browns have the cap flexibility to keep him...and going with this logic, Jarvis, OJB, and Njoku are all VERY overpaid based upon the production compared to the number that they're receiving. Why is it okay to keep the bar high with Richardson but not with those 3 players?

-Why are we freaking out about this when up until this point, Berry has been hitting home runs with his moves and acquisitions, wasn't there a time where our OL was a clear hole and he knocked it out of the park? Wasn't our secondary a huge concern and he made it his business to turn that room around? 

-Count me as a guy who will sit back and watch how the DT room forms because chances are its going to be pretty damn good, also with the draft resources, who's to say we don't trade for a young guy with great upside on a rookie contract? or even bring Richardson back at a reduced price?

-This is no different than Carolina getting rid of Kawaan Short or Cincinnati getting rid of Geno Atkins, these guys take up a lot of cap space and don't produce to justify the number the get...

-Also with your comment about Jarvis, OBJ and Njoku, he can't just cut all these guys at once, chances are he probably is going to break it down into two off-seasons to address this. Lets be real, we know Berry is going to take a measured, thoughtful approach to this situation, he's not going to do anything to halt Baker's progression, plus having OBJ perform well will increase the return for a trade. Jarvis was one of the main guys responsible for the attitude change in the building, I personally would meet him half way because of what he meant to the franchise, and I agree that Njoku may be overpaid but its only 6 mil, and I of all people have one of the hardest on him, he was one of our most important players down the stretch, IIRC, didn't he become the better blocking TEs n the NFL? along with making clutch catches down the stretch, that is well worth 6 mil if he can build on that. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I don't see the correlation, Clowney and Richardson play two totally different positions 

Both are good against the run. That’s one of the Browns weaknesses. I get it from a business side as he’s not worth 12mil. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bruh, worry about your QB learning how to complete a 10 yard out consistently and not wasting Hollywood Brown's career, worry about your own house.

Bruh, worry about your team being better than 1-4 against a QB who needs to learn how to complete a 10 yard out consistently.

Why are you even talking about these guys anyway? Unless you know the physical/mental toll it takes to play at the highest level of the sport, you really have no right to comment on it.

33 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Bruh, worry about your team being better than 1-4 against a QB who needs to learn how to complete a 10 yard out consistently.

Why are you even talking about these guys anyway? Unless you know the physical/mental toll it takes to play at the highest level of the sport, you really have no right to comment on it.

Its certainly a lot better than trying to shamelessly create false scenarios to slander an innocent guy, I mean, who does that?....🤷‍♂️

Edited by MSURacerDT55

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Hit me up when you move down here sometime and we can go together. I've been there 4 or 5 times. Wasn't really interested because it wasn't the Vikings but Trevor would be fun to see in person.

That would be awesome.  We'll definitely have to plan on it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1