Browns Release Sheldon Richardson

sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I know these guys are setting us up for the future.  I love the team we have in place.  I just view this off-season as a unique opportunity to take a big jump.

Salary cap space may never yield you more than it will RIGHT NOW.  So many teams are cash strapped, and we are not.  The perfect time to make some hey.

We aren't cash strapped because of rollover money though. Take that away and we are at the bottom, well 3 million behind Dallas in base salaries for 2021. We are technically over the cap as far as salaries and the base salary cap.

If we didn't have a lot of young talent that needed resigned I wouldn't care but even with a big cap raise next year (likely) we might quickly be in a position that we have to get rid of significant pieces of our core players and I don't want that just to keep Richardson at his previous price tag. If we're all in for 2021 and just see what happens after that I'd be okay but it really seems like there is a plan for the future and I'd like to see that remain the focus for awhile.

3 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I think this all but confirms that the only way Jarvis and OBJ are on this roster in a year is if they restructure. Not that isn't wasn't a high possibility prior.

So you are advocating dpj and Higgins 

You guys are geniuses. 

2 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

So you are advocating dpj and Higgins 

You guys are geniuses. 

Because that's what I said... With the influx of good receivers over the past couple of years, it's only worth giving top dollar to ones with unique physical traits. Neither Jarvis or current OBJ qualify. I want us to keep Landry, but he would need to take less.

3 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

I think this all but confirms that the only way Jarvis and OBJ are on this roster in a year is if they restructure. Not that isn't wasn't a high possibility prior.

good thing is next years WR class should be pretty good next year. still want a later round WR. i would love for Nico Collins in the 4th/5th but he might not make it

Just now, buno67 said:

good thing is next years WR class should be pretty good next year. still want a later round WR. i would love for Nico Collins in the 4th/5th but he might not make it

Yup. We've got two drafts and a FA to fill out our WR corp. It's not a case of advocating for DJP and Higgins being our top two guys.

Edited by Don Roshi

3 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Because that's what I said... With the influx of good receivers over the past couple of years, it's only worth giving top dollar to ones with unique physical traits. Neither Jarvis or current OBJ qualify. I want us to keep Landry, but he would need to take less.

Ok has more receptions than Larry Fitzgerald at this point in his career.

Ok more receptions than Chris Carter

Ok has more reception Terrelle owens

And you say start Dpj and Highins 

Just now, mtmmike said:

Ok has more receptions than Larry Fitzgerald at this point in his career.

Ok more receptions than Chris Carter

Ok has more reception Terrelle owens

And you say start Dpj and Highins 

Not sure who Ok is.

Each of those guys were 6'3", outside receivers (until Larry's last couple of seasons) and never really relied on speed. Receptions alone leave out a lot of context.

1 minute ago, Don Roshi said:

Yup. We've got two drafts and a FA to fill out our WR corp. It's not a case of advocating for DJP and Higgins being our top two guys.

ok you say let's draft Bateman and terrace Marshall WR Lsu 

I will keep Landry and Obj draft Rousseau 

Then trade back up to get Owen edge Penn state 

I will be happy to play you.

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

ok you say let's draft Bateman and terrace Marshall WR Lsu 

I will keep Landry and Obj draft Rousseau 

Then trade back up to get Owen edge Penn state 

I will be happy to play you.

We can get someone in the 3rd/4th, maybe later this year and may have to grab one a bit earlier next year. Both drafts are deep at WR.

8 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Not sure who Ok is.

Each of those guys were 6'3", outside receivers (until Larry's last couple of seasons) and never really relied on speed. Receptions alone leave out a lot of context.

sorry typing on cell phone it types for me.

Not putting you down just having a discussion 

• Like 1