Jump to content

Browns Release Sheldon Richardson


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I never thought that you were. It's all good :)

My biggest objection is there was only 1 receiver that got a landry level contract. 

Just who are you trading these contracts to.

Also I did not see very many rookie just giving landry level of production last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

My biggest objection is there was only 1 receiver that got a landry level contract. 

Just who are you trading these contracts to.

Also I did not see very many rookie just giving landry level of production last year.

Well we'd have DPJ in starting his third season. We'll know more about him. The WR we draft (hypothetically) this year will be starting his second. Add a rookie in there should provide enough production to make the savings made worth while. Of course, Jarvis may be fine with taking a cut to stay here long term.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Well we'd have DPJ in starting his third season. We'll know more about him. The WR we draft (hypothetically) this year will be starting his second. Add a rookie in there should provide enough production to make the savings made worth while. Of course, Jarvis may be fine with taking a cut to stay here long term.

lets agree to disagree thank you the debate

That said prediction 1` 2021 obj and Landry both have career years this years

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtmmike said:

lets agree to disagree thank you the debate

That said prediction 1` 2021 obj and Landry both have career years this years

I get what you're saying. Before we traded for Jarvis we were putrid at WR (and everywhere else). Things are different now though. Not only with the Browns, but the WR position in general.

I hope you're right about the two of them having career years :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I don't know Thomas there was only 18 1000 yard wide receivers I am just not in favor for giving that away. 

 

       
     

Top 15 WR salaries for 2021. Our guys aren't bad but if you could pick 2 to start from say Adams on down would you pick either of our guys?

2021 Wide Receiver Salaries

 
Player Team Cap Number Cash Spent
Julio Jones Falcons $23,050,000 $15,300,000
Amari Cooper Cowboys $22,000,000 $20,000,000
Allen Robinson Bears $17,980,000 $17,980,000
Davante Adams Packers $16,787,500 $13,250,000
Mike Evans Buccaneers $16,637,500 $12,250,000
Chris Godwin Buccaneers $15,983,000 $15,983,000
Tyreek Hill Chiefs $15,850,500 $13,200,500
Odell Beckham Jr. Browns $15,750,000 $15,750,000
Keenan Allen Chargers $15,700,000 $13,000,000
Mike Williams Chargers $15,680,000 $15,680,000
Jarvis Landry Browns $14,711,765 $13,300,000
Stefon Diggs Bills $14,191,176 $13,755,882
Corey Davis Jets $12,666,666 $14,000,000
DeAndre Hopkins Cardinals $12,500,000 $13,750,000
DeVante Parker Dolphins $12,112,000

$8,350,000

       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

man I’m hoping we can get him back 

from what i have read about this situation is its kind of a classy move by the browns. they let him go so he could get more money or at least try to get more than what the browns would offer. if he doesnt get the money he wants they will bring him back. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

from what i have read about this situation is its kind of a classy move by the browns. they let him go so he could get more money or at least try to get more than what the browns would offer. if he doesnt get the money he wants they will bring him back. 

I wonder what he’s looking for and what the browns offered 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

 

       
     

Top 15 WR salaries for 2021. Our guys aren't bad but if you could pick 2 to start from say Adams on down would you pick either of our guys?

2021 Wide Receiver Salaries

 
Player Team Cap Number Cash Spent
Julio Jones Falcons $23,050,000 $15,300,000
Amari Cooper Cowboys $22,000,000 $20,000,000
Allen Robinson Bears $17,980,000 $17,980,000
Davante Adams Packers $16,787,500 $13,250,000
Mike Evans Buccaneers $16,637,500 $12,250,000
Chris Godwin Buccaneers $15,983,000 $15,983,000
Tyreek Hill Chiefs $15,850,500 $13,200,500
Odell Beckham Jr. Browns $15,750,000 $15,750,000
Keenan Allen Chargers $15,700,000 $13,000,000
Mike Williams Chargers $15,680,000 $15,680,000
Jarvis Landry Browns $14,711,765 $13,300,000
Stefon Diggs Bills $14,191,176 $13,755,882
Corey Davis Jets $12,666,666 $14,000,000
DeAndre Hopkins Cardinals $12,500,000 $13,750,000
DeVante Parker Dolphins $12,112,000

$8,350,000

       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       

I think this is a really good point.

And what's more is I don't think that takes the new contracts into account like Galloday or Robinson.

Jarvis is the 17th highest paid receiver this year, and as far as cap hit goes, OBJ is 18th.

Is that a little high? maybe, especially since we have 2 in the top 20, but they both have around 7000 yards in their first 7 seasons.  They are both worth something.

Landry might be worth more as a team captain, and OBJ might be worth more as a chess piece and someone other teams need to cover, but they are valueable.

I don't think we can keep them both long term, but I do like having them both.  Hopefully OBJ will gel more in the system this year, i wouldn't mind trading him if he gets more valuable (his contract is worth more to others and his is the more flashy player, whereas jarvis is worth more to us and our locker room), Baker showed he doesn't really need him to be successful and we can find other options in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think this is a really good point.

And what's more is I don't think that takes the new contracts into account like Galloday or Robinson.

Jarvis is the 17th highest paid receiver this year, and as far as cap hit goes, OBJ is 18th.

Is that a little high? maybe, especially since we have 2 in the top 20, but they both have around 7000 yards in their first 7 seasons.  They are both worth something.

Landry might be worth more as a team captain, and OBJ might be worth more as a chess piece and someone other teams need to cover, but they are valueable.

I don't think we can keep them both long term, but I do like having them both.  Hopefully OBJ will gel more in the system this year, i wouldn't mind trading him if he gets more valuable (his contract is worth more to others and his is the more flashy player, whereas jarvis is worth more to us and our locker room), Baker showed he doesn't really need him to be successful and we can find other options in the draft.

Considering if Obj goes north of 1400 hundred yards and Landry goes 1200

levels they have previously done they can be used as part of a significant trade rather a conditional 6th rounder

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...