• S Trevon Moehrig
    • EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari
    • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    • OT/G Teven Jenkins
    • OG Alijah Vera-Tucker
    • EDGE Jaelan Philips
    • DT Christian Barmore
    • Other (list who in your post)
  2. 2. Would you pick Micah Parsons if available?

3. 3. If Parsons is gone, but Darrisaw is available, would you pick Darrisaw?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2021 at 11:00 PM

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

In this scenario, the steal pick would be Jaylen Waddle. Would anyone go with him? 

We could have an amazing little man WR core.  Hunter Renfrow might be the biggest one and none of the WRs would be over 6' or 200 lbs.

42 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

We could have an amazing little man WR core.  Hunter Renfrow might be the biggest one and none of the WRs would be over 6' or 200 lbs.

Well if we keep Waller, Moreau, and Edwards on the field our receiving corps isn't necessarily small.

47 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Well if we keep Waller, Moreau, and Edwards on the field our receiving corps isn't necessarily small.

Of course the TEs are big.  Every team has TEs that are big.  If a 3rd round second year player proves to be a quality player then yes he would add some size.  If we took Waddle at #17 I am sure him and Ruggs are 2 of the top 3 WRs and Renfrow is still in the slot.  So it is between Brown and Edwards.  Many in here think Brown will be our #2.  So our top 4 WRs would all be under 6' and 200 lbs.  That is a pretty small WR group.  No need to debate a hypothetical.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

In this scenario, the steal pick would be Jaylen Waddle. Would anyone go with him? 

Absolutely. He is a monster. Unreal talent and I don't throw that around. I can't think of 1 CFB WR that has his skillset. At that point, you just take the best player.

16 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

No way. Going skill position players while ignoring our terrible defense fits the Al Davis tradition but we just spent early picks on Ruggs/Edwards and brought in Brown/Snead in free agency. 

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Absolutely. He is a monster. Unreal talent and I don't throw that around. I can't think of 1 CFB WR that has his skillset. At that point, you just take the best player.

Take him at #17 so he can get 35 targets while our defense gives up 30+ ppg again this season. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Take him at #17 so he can get 35 targets while our defense gives up 30+ ppg again this season. 

LOL. That's more a Gruden problem. I don't think we'll be as bad on defense this year. No way Waddle makes it to us anyways so there's no debate there.

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

LOL. That's more a Gruden problem. I don't think we'll be as bad on defense this year. No way Waddle makes it to us anyways so there's no debate there.

Cooper and Ruggs are perfect examples of why Waddle would be a waste of a pick. Carr only throws to guys he trusts. We'd take Waddle #17 for him to be WR #4 behind Renfrow, Brown, and Snead. 

I have no idea why this forum and raiders fans in general love Parsons so much. Reason why he's dropping down boards and mock drafts.

I just see a LB that can't play Mike, doesn't play to his size with blockers, gets completely sold with misdirection and RPO's, attacks the gaps too fast and gets lost inside traffic can't cover in man and isn't good in zone either.  He's very good with blitzing from LB as he can use his hands and burst and is a sure tackler.   But that's not a particularly good fit for us outside the few plays Bradley has where he plays 3 D-linemen and uses a standing blitzer from the inside.   He blitzes the least amount in the league and mainly uses nickle.

4 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

I have no idea why this forum and raiders fans in general love Parsons so much. Reason why he's dropping down boards and mock drafts.

I just see a LB that can't play Mike, doesn't play to his size with blockers, gets completely sold with misdirection and RPO's, attacks the gaps too fast and gets lost inside traffic can't cover in man and isn't good in zone either.  He's very good with blitzing from LB as he can use his hands and burst and is a sure tackler.   But that's not a particularly good fit for us outside the few plays Bradley has where he plays 3 D-linemen and uses a standing blitzer from the inside.   He blitzes the least amount in the league and mainly uses nickle.

Completely disagree with most of that. Parsons will be one of the best players of this draft, and much better prospect than JOK. Parsons can play mike or strong side, whereas no way JOK ever has enough weight to play mike, and no 215lb Linebacker has ever been a “stud” in the NFL. Telvin Smith is solid but far from anything great, and I would not pick him at 17 in any draft. Parsons instincts are just fine, he’s an amazing tone-setter, reminds me a lot of P Willis when it comes to taking correct angles and laying the wood, he’s a tremendous blitzer, have no doubts he’ll become a good coverage linebacker, is an absolute 100% athletic freak (sorry but JOK is no where near as athletic, Parsons is possibly the most athletic person in this draft pound for pound and a 5 star recruit), has elite range, elite foot quickness, elite speed, and elite power. 

Parsons >>>>> JOK. And don’t get me wrong, I’d be perfectly fine with JOK and think he’s a fine player. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Completely disagree with most of that. Parsons will be one of the best players of this draft, and much better prospect than JOK. Parsons can play mike or strong side, whereas no way JOK ever has enough weight to play mike, and no 215lb Linebacker has ever been a “stud” in the NFL. Telvin Smith is solid but far from anything great, and I would not pick him at 17 in any draft. Parsons instincts are just fine, he’s an amazing tone-setter, reminds me a lot of P Willis when it comes to taking correct angles and laying the wood, he’s a tremendous blitzer, have no doubts he’ll become a good coverage linebacker, is an absolute 100% athletic freak (sorry but JOK is no where near as athletic, Parsons is possibly the most athletic person in this draft pound for pound and a 5 star recruit), has elite range, elite foot quickness, elite speed, and elite power. 

Parsons >>>>> JOK. And don’t get me wrong, I’d be perfectly fine with JOK and think he’s a fine player. 

The idea of Parsons is a hell of a lot better then the actual player and the things that actually matter to him succeeding at the NFL level is his weakness.

If we take him and in two years we're all sat here moaning that we basically took an even more athletic Darren Lee but he's failed for the same reasons then, it's just predicable Raiders. 

1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

The idea of Parsons is a hell of a lot better then the actual player and the things that actually matter to him succeeding at the NFL level is his weakness.

If we take him and in two years we're all sat here moaning that we basically took an even more athletic Darren Lee but he's failed for the same reasons then, it's just predicable Raiders. 

Were you the one who compared him to Darron Lee a couple weeks back? Was the worst comp I’ve ever seen, no offense. They are nothing alike. 

1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

Darron Lee, like JOK, was a smaller LB that was highly touted because of his speed and range. Just like Isaiah Simmons and Deone Bucannon, guys that don't really have the range to be safeties or the size to be full time LB's. 

Parsons has elite athleticism for the position and he's just learning how to play LB as he was an edge player coming into Penn State. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Were you the one who compared him to Darron Lee a couple weeks back? Was the worst comp I’ve ever seen, no offense. They are nothing alike. 

An athletic freak of an LB that got massively overhyped yet fell in the draft. Ends up completely busting because he has terrible processing, can't cover and play in space and doesn't want to wrestle with gaurds in the run game?

Parsons is bigger but doesn't play it.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Darron Lee, like JOK, was a smaller LB that was highly touted because of his speed and range. Just like Isaiah Simmons and Deone Bucannon, guys that don't really have the range to be safeties or the size to be full time LB's. 

Parsons has elite athleticism for the position and he's just learning how to play LB as he was an edge player coming into Penn State. 

Yeah, if anything, Darron Lee compares more to JOK than Parsons. But I think Darron Lee is nothing like either of them.