Jump to content

Raiders Subforum Mock Draft: You're on the clock


The Las Vegas Raiders Select...  

34 members have voted

  1. 1. The Las Vegas Raiders Select...

    • S Trevon Moehrig
    • EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari
    • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    • OT/G Teven Jenkins
    • OG Alijah Vera-Tucker
    • EDGE Jaelan Philips
    • DT Christian Barmore
    • Other (list who in your post)
  2. 2. Would you pick Micah Parsons if available?

  3. 3. If Parsons is gone, but Darrisaw is available, would you pick Darrisaw?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2021 at 11:00 PM

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

 

An athletic freak of an LB that got massively overhyped yet fell in the draft. Ends up completely busting because he has terrible processing, can't cover and play in space and doesn't want to wrestle with gaurds in the run game?

 

Parsons is bigger but doesn't play it.

Lee was a pure projected Will Linebacker for coverage purposes. He never had power, was super small, not a good tackler, did not have good size like Parsons, can not get off a block to save his life, not a good run defender, I could go on and on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Darron Lee, like JOK, was a smaller LB that was highly touted because of his speed and range. Just like Isaiah Simmons and Deone Bucannon, guys that don't really have the range to be safeties or the size to be full time LB's. 

Parsons has elite athleticism for the position and he's just learning how to play LB as he was an edge player coming into Penn State. 

 

Darren Lee was smaller but his issues was the exact same. Processing, not wanting to engage with gaurds.

 

Is 6ft1 240ibs even small for the modern NFL because that's exactly where I'd want them to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

Darren Lee was smaller but his issues was the exact same. Processing, not wanting to engage with gaurds.

Is 6ft1 240ibs even small for the modern NFL because that's exactly where I'd want them to be. 

Is JOK, who would be one of the smallest LB's in the league, going to be able to engage with guards and take on blocks? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lee was a pure projected Will Linebacker for coverage purposes. He never had power, was super small, not a good tackler, did not have good size like Parsons, can not get off a block to save his life, not a good run defender, I could go on and on. 

 

Parsons is a pure Sam/Joker. He doesn't engage in blocks, can't process whats going on, bites on everything and hopes his atheltisum gets him out of trouble. Massively got overhyped yet will drop in the draft and probably bust in the nfl when his lack of awareness and processing comes up. Thats the comparison. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Is JOK, who would be one of the smallest LB's in the league, going to be able to engage with guards and take on blocks? 

 

What the tape, he is atleast willing to and plays with a lot more aggression in the run game. Isn't not a direct comparison because your comparing a SAM linebackers ability to take on gaurds to a nickle/will on passing downs.  While the SAM who in this case Parsons you expect him to be great at this as it's going to be one of his main jobs he actually struggles.  While JOK playing Nickle on running downs Isn't great at it but will try to engage, keep eyes on the ball and get off to make the play a lot more then you would expect him too.  So Parsons struggles at taking on gaurds when you expect him to be good, JOK who at nickle you expect him to be terrible isn't actually that bad for his size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OnlyGlove said:

 

What the tape, he is atleast willing to and plays with a lot more aggression in the run game. Isn't not a direct comparison because your comparing a SAM linebackers ability to take on gaurds to a nickle/will on passing downs.  While the SAM who in this case Parsons you expect him to be great at this as it's going to be one of his main jobs he actually struggles.  While JOK playing Nickle on running downs Isn't great at it but will try to engage, keep eyes on the ball and get off to make the play a lot more then you would expect him too.  So Parsons struggles at taking on gaurds when you expect him to be good, JOK who at nickle you expect him to be terrible isn't actually that bad for his size.

We also have two other LB's who will play WLB on passing downs in Littleton/Morrow and Abram who will be a box safety. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We also have two other LB's who will play WLB on passing downs in Littleton/Morrow and Abram who will be a box safety. 

 

Yep and we can have a 3rd for rotation. Let's not fool ourselves. JOK coverage ability is ahead of both of those, not only in man but also Zone. 

 

We can definitely argue why we'd need another LB when we already have so many.  But JOK ability to play Nickle is what makes him special. 

We do lack a SAM for short yardage but is that worth anything more then a day 3 pick? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Yep and we can have a 3rd for rotation. Let's not fool ourselves. JOK coverage ability is ahead of both of those, not only in man but also Zone. 

JOK is an unproven rookie and will be one of the smallest LB's in the league. Littleton was one of the most productive LB's in the league, while being an All-Pro and elite in coverage for the Rams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

JOK is an unproven rookie and will be one of the smallest LB's in the league. Littleton was one of the most productive LB's in the league, while being an All-Pro and elite in coverage for the Rams. 

In terms of coverage JOK is better then top 10 pick Simmons from last year and more proven at LB, while also projecting better at a natural position, nickle but isn't as long or big.  

 

Littleton did also come from a team where most players look amazing playing behind the best defensive player of this generation.  I like Littleton and think he improves but don't expect the Rams production.

Imagine having two top level coverage LBs on 3rd and long.  No more getting ripped about over the middle when we need to get a stop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Absolutely. He is a monster. Unreal talent and I don't throw that around. I can't think of 1 CFB WR that has his skillset. At that point, you just take the best player.

Absolutely no!

Gruden and Carr not using WRs enough to go and grab another 1st rounder IMO.

Waller is our #1 receiver. Ruggs, Edwards needs to step up and with Renfrow and Moreau also on board we could have a trully strong receiver group and then we still have depth too. No need for another WR IMO and definately no need for a high draft pick in this scheme, team...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Littleton did also come from a team where most players look amazing playing behind the best defensive player of this generation.  I like Littleton and think he improves but don't expect the Rams production.

No other LB that has played for the Rams while they've had Aaron Donald has even come close to Littleton's production in 2018/2019 or been an All-Pro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

JOK definitely has a higher floor in a gus bradley defense IMHO.

A lot of people were saying the same things about Isaiah Simmons who was bigger, more athletic, and more versatile than JOK and he struggled last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

A lot of people were saying the same things about Isaiah Simmons who was bigger, more athletic, and more versatile than JOK and he struggled last year. 

Nah. Out the box JOK is amazing in coverage and has great instincts. He’s a monster hitter and has an insane feel for the game. Im not saying we need to take him, but he’s an excellent prospect. The guy is pure muscle. He’ll add 10-15 pounds over time in the league, but even rn he’s a playmaker on day one.

Parsons is a much better blitzer than coverage LB at this point. He could be really good but is not as safe a player as JOK IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...