Sell me on a QB

Madmike90

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I would find a Jones pick fascinating.  

I think he and Dalton are virtually clones right now in both play style and ability with Jones having higher untapped potential with a ceiling of Aikman.  

Be interesting to see who starts.

Whereas I think Fields is more of a Mitch Trubisky with a bit more accuracy and a thicker build.

Even if Bears draft neither (which is likely given their draft slot) I would love for Nagy to say who he would prefer.   Just curious.  

If it's possible that Dalton and Jones represent two very similar QBs separated only by their age then we should all be more confidant that Dalton still has the ability to take a good team into the playoffs and not spend big to move up.

I don't doubt Fields talent but is he yet another guy whom Nagy would want to convert to playing "his way" and not base his schemes on his QBs strengths?  We seem to keep doing this with every single QB we've had in the past decade.

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I would find a Jones pick fascinating.  

I think he and Dalton are virtually clones right now in both play style and ability with Jones having higher untapped potential with a ceiling of Aikman.  

You the man. Aikman is totally my Mac Jones comp.

8 hours ago, Sugashane said:

And Nagy is a Head Coach.

Either way, an egg-laying mammal can best either of you at your chosen fields.

My nemesis is quite formidable. I don't feel like discussing him further. 

44 minutes ago, soulman said:

Does he still live in CT or is he a Chicago transplant?

Pretty sure he's a transplant. All the Bears Barroom guys are in the "Land". 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

What I'd like to happen:  Lance falls, Pace nabs him with a trade up to 9 or so, and Nagy develops that talent. And a giant pile of cash and whisky. 

What I think will happen: we move up for Fields, or we move back for Mond.  

Hmmm.....of all three Lance appears to be the very worst fit for Nagy's offense and the one most in need to some serious development.  Why would we trust Nagy with that chore again after he failed so miserably with a very similar rookie QB?

It's not that I don't believe Lance may have upside it's that I don't trust the Chicago Bears to ever develop him because they never have.  Not even Nagy has shown that he's capable of it.  Of the three available QBs Lance may be the riskiest pick of all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soulman said:

Hmmm.....of all three Lance appears to be the very worst fit for Nagy's offense and the one most in need to some serious development.  Why would we trust Nagy with that chore again after he failed so miserably with a very similar rookie QB?

It's not that I don't believe Lance may have upside it's that I don't trust the Chicago Bears to ever develop him because they never have.  Not even Nagy has shown that he's capable of it.  Of the three available QBs Lance may be the riskiest pick of all.

I agree, I was being a bit facetious as I don't think Nagy had shown anything in terms of developing a QB.

Frankly for his sake I hope he goes somewhere where they can make him great. Not here. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, soulman said:

I...don't know who is the best fit for Nagy's offense, or who could be tailored to fit Nagy's offense...as I still don't know exactly what Nagy's offense is. If it is a steady flow of 15-20 yard passes, regardless of down and distance (as well as opposing defensive formation)...we've certainly seen that show a whole bunch before. Lance does have a strong arm. He could certainly fling a bunch of ridiculous, down the field, ill-conceived passes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I...don't know who is the best fit for Nagy's offense, or who could be tailored to fit Nagy's offense...as I still don't know exactly what Nagy's offense is. If it is a steady flow of 15-20 yard passes, regardless of down and distance (as well as opposing defensive formation)...we've certainly seen that show a whole bunch before. Lance does have a strong arm. He could certainly fling a bunch of ridiculous, down the field, ill-conceived passes. 

Lovie got off the bus running whereas Nagy gets off the bus passing.  He's seemingly addicted to it even when it makes no sense to be.  That's about the best description of Nagy's offense/play calling any of us can give because it lacks any other identity.

• Like 1