TNF Week 7: Chiefs @ Raiders

TheVillain112

Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chiefs
    • Raiders
    • This game came quicker than expected, I better set my fantasy line up now...

KC is coming off a frustrating game against Pittsburgh they had no business losing, even with all their injuries. They made mistakes, their offense underperformed, and generally they spent a lot of the game looking like last year's Kansas City Chiefs. If I were them I'd be furious and out to redeem myself. The Raiders are playing at home and trying to save their season. I think they'll put up a good fight, but I'm leaning toward the Chiefs here.

Raiders by two scores here. And before anyone calls me a homer, I picked us to lose against Washington, Denver, and the only person to pick us to lose against Los Angeles. I've predicted 5 out of 6 Raider games accurately this season. 

- Chiefs Offense struggled last game, the Raider Defense honestly hasn't been all that bad this year. They've had 4 really solid games. One terrible game against Baltimore. Against Washington they mostly did bad because our offense was historically bad in that game. 

- Game is in Oakland and it WILL be rocking. I'll be there myself. 

- Andy Reid can coach circles around Del Rio and co but he only had 4 days instead of 7. It won't be as dramatic. 

- Offense is due for a solid performance. If KC didn't have a solid defense, this would be a 35+ performance imo. 

- Carr will be fully healthy this week and no limitations. Last week was his first week back and they had a very limited gameplan for him. Nothing deep at all. 

26-17 Raiders. A MUST win game. I still think the Raiders will grab the last wildcard spot but with a loss here I will be pretty confident our season is over at 2-5 and our coaching staff needs to be wiped clean. 

It's going to be an electric and fun football game. Can't wait to be there. Good luck Chief fans, you guys are still the best team in the NFL this year IMO. A win here for Oakland doesn't change that. 

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Raiders by two scores here. And before anyone calls me a homer, I picked us to lose against Washington, Denver, and the only person to pick us to lose against Los Angeles. I've predicted 5 out of 6 Raider games accurately this season. 

- Chiefs Offense struggled last game, the Raider Defense honestly hasn't been all that bad this year. They've had 4 really solid games. One terrible game against Baltimore. Against Washington they mostly did bad because our offense was historically bad in that game. 

- Game is in Oakland and it WILL be rocking. I'll be there myself. 

- Andy Reid can coach circles around Del Rio and co but he only had 4 days instead of 7. It won't be as dramatic. 

- Offense is due for a solid performance. If KC didn't have a solid defense, this would be a 35+ performance imo. 

- Carr will be fully healthy this week and no limitations. Last week was his first week back and they had a very limited gameplan for him. Nothing deep at all. 

26-17 Raiders. A MUST win game. I still think the Raiders will grab the last wildcard spot but with a loss here I will be pretty confident our season is over at 2-5 and our coaching staff needs to be wiped clean. 

It's going to be an electric and fun football game. Can't wait to be there. Good luck Chief fans, you guys are still the best team in the NFL this year IMO. A win here for Oakland doesn't change that. 

That would be the most points Oakland has scored against KC in the last 6 matchups, and the least points KC has scored against Oakland in the last 8 matchups. Even when Carr has been playing lights out he has struggled against us, and even when Reid has coached worse KC teams, he's excelled against Oakland. I'm not normally all that confident about divisional matchups, but I can't see KC losing a two score game here.

14 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

Is this KCs 3rd primetime game already this season? Have seen more KC than any other team this season

4th, actually. Out of 5. Opening day vs Pats, Monday night Redskins, Sunday night Texans, Thursday night Raiders, then Monday night next week against the Broncos.

Must win for the Raiders, at home, season on the line. That's the only thing that could propel a Raider victory here.

@BayRaider I'll bite...  you're a homer! Trying to absolve yourself from being a homer made it worse.

The defense hasn't been that bad? Are you kidding me? They let Flacco go wild on them. The Ravens scored at will. Last week, Rivers picked apart their LBs with short passes to RBs and with the game on the line, the defense folded like a house of cards and let Rivers take whatever he wanted.

The only chance the Raiders have is to disrupt Alex Smith with pressure. The Raiders haven't gotten consistent pressure all season. And they'd need to slow Kelce down... they haven't slowed down an ordinary TE in 2 years. So why would they start tonight? TEs eat this defense alive every week. 

The Raiders offense is a predictable mess. Downing has negatively effected that unit. They are playing slow, unorganized with no sense of urgency. Can they turn it on tonight.... seems a long shot. Carr has been miserable against KC and he's been certainly skittish and lacking his usual confidence in the pocket this season.

Unless the Raiders hit a hard reset over this 4 day window..... I don't see how they win this baring a complete egg from KC. 

KC is Carr's kryptonite even when he's at his best, and he's certainly not at that right now. Teams have figured out the Raiders short passing game, especially after their massive downgrade at offensive coordinator(said it when they let Musgrave go that it made 0 sense, but the move is even worse than I thought it was given how terrible Downing is, figured it'd be pretty hard to mess up an offense with this much talent on it, but he managed it). KC should win comfortably, but it's TNF so who knows.

Archived