TNF Week 7: Chiefs @ Raiders

TheVillain112

Poll  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chiefs
    • Raiders
    • This game came quicker than expected, I better set my fantasy line up now...

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Bold prediction.. ? More like blindly picking the favorite to crush the underdog with nothing to base it on except past games and doing absolutely zero research. This forum does it a lot. A lotttt. 

How do you extensively measure how much one puts into making a prediction? Can you definitively say that these people are blindly picking the favorite? I don't think you can.

Its easy to assume that because one picks the favorite to win big, that obviously its because of past weekly results, but you have nothing to base this on. 

I think, beyond looking at the record (KC being 5-1, Oak being 2-4), one might easily pick KC because:

1) their record across the NFL since 2016 (including playoffs) was 17-3, discluding the Pittsburgh Steelers games.

2) Derek Carr may still have had lingering back problems and the offense was a mess (this was stated by Raiders fans)

3) Alex Smith was playing at a near MVP level this season. Kareem Hunt playing like OROY this season.

etc. Likewise, I bet you could say Oakland will win for a multitude of reasons, but to claim everyone was just blindly picking KC because of their current record is unfound and ridiculous.

13 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

If the refs make the right call on the field regarding Cook’s catch, the clock runs out and the Chiefs win. Fact.

Uhh, if the refs call the blatant hold on Cook on the previous drive in the endzone, we likely get a TD, and we can kick a FG and win the game... 

Yeah, the refs REALLY HOSED THE CHIEFS.

I knew our endgame style, which is play not to lose, would come and bite us in the buttox eventually.

Its what Reid gets for going into conservative mode with a lead, and it's what our defense gets for going into super prevent mode. Rushing just 3 or 4 and dropping the rest back.

18 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I knew our endgame style, which is play not to lose, would come and bite us in the buttox eventually.

Its what Reid gets for going into conservative mode with a lead, and it's what our defense gets for going into super prevent mode. Rushing just 3 or 4 and dropping the rest back.

Especially poor when the Chiefs defense has proven numerous times that Carr isn't great when put under pressure. He has his worst games against this very team and system.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Uhh, if the refs call the blatant hold on Cook on the previous drive in the endzone, we likely get a TD, and we can kick a FG and win the game... 

Yeah, the refs REALLY HOSED THE CHIEFS.

Yeah how that P.I. wasn't called is beyond me. Dude was pushing Cook down way before the ball got there. No Chief fans should be complaining about refs. Questionable calls and no calls went both ways. 

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This post makes absolutely no sense. The flaws that led to us losing this game, and the flaws we have had thus far this year, are completely different than what has held the team back in recent years. We just lost a game due to horrible pass defense. We were in it because of an elite offense and passing attack. That is not even remotely "the same fatal flaws" we've had in the past. Unless by past you mean 2003 or something. For years the flaw that made people not take us seriously has been Smith's conservative QB play. That's gone, and I think we have enough of a sample size to say that confidently now.

Excluding the Chiefs gift-wrapped playoff win Vs the Brian Hoyer led Texans a few years back, the Chiefs defense has given up an average of 421 yards in its last 3 playoff losses. Those numbers were with Eric Berry, and now he's gone so this will be the worst playoff defense KC has fielded in a while. So that fatal flaw has gotten worse.

And While he has played much better this year, Alex Smith really isn't the first QB to come in mind that you would want in shootout type games that the Chiefs will most likely be in come playoff time. And I'm not ready to say the conservative Smith/Any Reid is gone yet because I saw them last night to end the game. It's still early in the season. Alex Smith's #s show a stark drop-off contrast later in the year when it gets cold.

5 hours ago, NickButera said:

To be fair, what he says has merit. the Chiefs right now are one of the best teams in football. However we've seen this team (Coach/QB/playmaker combo) fall flat on its face repeatedly in the post season every year. If a bad comparison could be make, it's almost like the Bengals. Mind you the Chiefs are better in every way, but the Chiefs now have precedent of not being able to get far in the playoffs. They have a hump they have proven they can't get over yet.  If I were to go one step further, I'd say Andy Reid also has this problem, even with all those good Eagle teams, he only made the NFC Championship once despite 9 winning seasons.  You can tick tack and say that this years team has different flaws that last years. True. However in the past there has always been something that has held Andy Reid led teams back. They need to get that monkey off their back and get to a super bowl. This years team is as good as any to do it too. 

Reid only won it once, but he made it to the NFC Championship five times while in Philly.

7 hours ago, NickButera said:

To be fair, what he says has merit. the Chiefs right now are one of the best teams in football. However we've seen this team (Coach/QB/playmaker combo) fall flat on its face repeatedly in the post season every year. If a bad comparison could be make, it's almost like the Bengals. Mind you the Chiefs are better in every way, but the Chiefs now have precedent of not being able to get far in the playoffs. They have a hump they have proven they can't get over yet.  If I were to go one step further, I'd say Andy Reid also has this problem, even with all those good Eagle teams, he only made the NFC Championship once despite 9 winning seasons.  You can tick tack and say that this years team has different flaws that last years. True. However in the past there has always been something that has held Andy Reid led teams back. They need to get that monkey off their back and get to a super bowl. This years team is as good as any to do it too. 

So far this might be the best team Reid has had since his 2004 Eagles team. Alex Smith is playing at an MVP like level. The Chiefs haven't had that type of QB play since maybe ever. Still a long ways to go, but I still think this team at least gets a first round bye. 

Archived