92: R3 P28 WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette - Iowa
135: R4 P30 DL Bobby Brown III - Texas A&M
142: R4 P37 C Ben Cleveland - Georgia
173: R5 P29 G Kayode Awosika - Buffalo
178: R5 P34 CB DJ Daniel - Georgia
214: R6 P30 DL Ta'Quon Graham - Texas
220: R6 P36 WR Jonathan Adams Jr. - Arkansas State
256: R7 P28 RB Gerrid Doaks - Cincinnati

King is in GB for only a year.  Need a CB much earlier than pick 178.  Other than that, I like the positions you took but don't know much about the players.  

Would like Darrisaw if he fell, but I dont see that happening. Holland is meh for me, I like his talent, but not his fit with our DBs; could offer some slot play/allow Savage to play in the slot more and would give us a good 3 safety look, but just dont see the need for that in the second. Cleveland I dont like the fit for our OL. I like the potential Brown and Ihmir Smith-Marsette have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coachbuns said:

King is in GB for only a year.  Need a CB much earlier than pick 178.  Other than that, I like the positions you took but don't know much about the players.  

Holland can play Corner...  at least slot..

and Daniel was probably the best CB at the Senior Bowl...

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, rbens06 said:

Would like Darrisaw if he fell, but I dont see that happening. Holland is meh for me, I like his talent, but not his fit with our DBs; could offer some slot play/allow Savage to play in the slot more and would give us a good 3 safety look, but just dont see the need for that in the second. Cleveland I dont like the fit for our OL. I like the potential Brown and Ihmir Smith-Marsette have. 

Yeah, he fell in fanspeak, difficult, random version..he was best there in the Simulator,   
Felt like Holland can play the Greene, Sullivan role or allow Amos or Savage too and be a huge upgrade...
yeah hear you on Cleveland, but we may be heading towards more of a power running game with Dillon in 2023...

Edited by fattlipp

22 minutes ago, rbens06 said:

I'm right there with you on this one. Ben Cleveland is also a Guard, not a Center and his game best translates to an offense more like that of Baltimore's or Tennessee's; on that note, why does everyone keep drafting Guards in their mocks? We're loaded at that position while we're anemic at OT...

The more I look into Holland the more I think boom-or-bust; not sure we want that in a 2nd round pick yet again. I don't think Darrisaw falls either and if he doesn't go to San Diego or Arizona, he probably goes to Indy at 21.

Other than that I like this.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'm right there with you on this one. Ben Cleveland is also a Guard, not a Center and his game best translates to an offense more like that of Baltimore's or Tennessee's; on that note, why does everyone keep drafting Guards in their mocks? We're loaded at that position while we're anemic at OT...

The more I look into Holland the more I think boom-or-bust; not sure we want that in a 2nd round pick yet again. I don't think Darrisaw falls either and if he doesn't go to San Diego or Arizona, he probably goes to Indy at 21.

Research I saw is that Cleveland can play anything but LT and has no issues with pad level despite being 6’5,   So C is on the table.   Anyways , if Jenkins moves to RT or C, then Guard is a neede again...

anf ARod and Jones will be gone by 2023, and we will become a lot like the Titans...with Dillon as our lead back...

Edited by fattlipp

11 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Yeah, he fell in fanspeak, difficult, random version..he was best there in the Simulator,   
Felt like Holland can play the Greene, Sullivan role or allow Amos or Savage too and be a huge upgrade...
yeah hear you on Cleveland, but we may be heading towards more of a power running game with Dillon in 2023...

That is what I envisioned when you have Holland there, but seeing we still have Sullivan, Amos, Savage, I dont see the need for it, but I think he could upgrade over Sullivan long term so I understand the pick. 

I think that is possible, but then we have Cleveland for 2 years in a system that doesnt really fit his style and so that is something I am not a fan of, especially with the guys on the roster too. 

13 minutes ago, Joe said:

Agree with you style wise for sure, but I think some teams might try him as an interior swing to get value....guard I am guessing most are doing so in the anticipation that either Jenkins slides in to center and/or upgrade Patrick with Bahk (when healthy) and Turner on at OT. I think interior swing guys are solid picks seeing we still need an OC, Patrick was ok, but upgradeable and outside of Runyon we dont know what we have with the other two RCs from last year. 

Agree I dont see him making it past Indy (and to me MN unless others fall)

6 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Research I saw is that Cleveland can play anything but LT and has no issues with pad level despite being 6’5,   So C is on the table.   Anyways , if Jenkins moves to RT or C, then Guard is a neede again...

anf ARod and Jones will be gone by 2023, and we will become a lot like the Titans...with Dillon as our lead back...

I can see teams seeing 4 positions from him, I think he is a heavy footed RT though that would not fit for us and would be average at best their. Interior OC he might not have the quickness to snap and step so my concern would be an OG that is not suited for our style, I mentioned in another comment, but getting a guy because we might change to power running in two years is not worth it to me. Dillion also could be just a role guy in two years too so too much unknown to draft a guy that doesnt fit right now. 

• Like 1

Like this draft overall. Agree that CB needs to be addressed earlier, and Daniel probably isn't that guy, despite how he plays. His RAS (4.36) is not up to par, and Gute just hasn't deviated from that with any consistency. I think I heard 23 of his 26 picks (or something) were a RAS of 8+. 

Holland I'd be all in on, and do believe he can play the slot. He can rotate the Star position with Savage and Sullivan. Amos may be a 2022 cap casualty too, so I wouldn't be shocked to see a Safety taken this year. Divine Deablo is a guy I like there as well. 

1 hour ago, rbens06 said:

I can see teams seeing 4 positions from him, I think he is a heavy footed RT though that would not fit for us and would be average at best their. Interior OC he might not have the quickness to snap and step so my concern would be an OG that is not suited for our style, I mentioned in another comment, but getting a guy because we might change to power running in two years is not worth it to me. Dillion also could be just a role guy in two years too so too much unknown to draft a guy that doesnt fit right now. 

That's why he's a Day 3 back-up that can only work out at Guard and as far as the Baltimore/Tennessee comparison @fattlipp I meant his body style as well. We don't have an OL over 330 lbs. and with the exception of Ben Braden, we don't have one over 320.

-----

I'm going to double down on my argument about drafting another Guard. Right now we have 6 listed Guards on the roster with three of them having significant playing experience(Jenkins, Runyan, Patrick), a fourth with significant NFL experience(Braden, 3-year PS player), Stepaniak, and a priortity UDFA in Zach Johnson who got moved inside before his senior year at NDSU to make way for a younger OT the coaching staff wanted to put into the lineup despite Johnson being an FCS All-American at RT. We only have one listed Tackle on the active roster other than Billy Turner who's listed as a G/T; that listed Tackle is actually Bakh - Nijman is an ERFA who apparently hasn't signed his tender. In the past, we've generally drafted OT's with a couple of minor flaws to move inside. Even under Gutey we've followed this pattern to a fault selecting Runyan who falls into this category. Stepaniak is really the only outlier in that he was drafted as a pure Guard - it was common knowledge that Jenkins had the ability to play any position along the line when he was drafted, but really got to prove that last year. 

• Like 2