Official Washington Wizards Thread

Kmart128

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Deni looks really promising so far, granted we haven't seen him in the regular season, but I'm actually excited to catch some Wizards games this year. Hopefully we can put this Covid craziness behind us and I can actually watch this team in person at the Verizon Center at some point in 2021.

I know man, I’m excited for Deni and I liked the development I saw from Troy & Rui in their 3 point shooting too. Also, one game Bonga knocked down a few 3’s, which is promising too.

If Deni, Bonga, TBJ & Rui can be above 30% from 3 and Russ too then our O will be impossible to stop.

One guy I’m worried about is Jerome Robinson, he didn’t shoot it very well in the bubble and he didn’t in the preseason either. That’s supposed to be his calling card and he’s not been a good shooter for us.

I guess that’s not a big deal though if TBJ & Bonga are going to be about 35% from 3. TBJ was shooting 65% from 3 in the preseason, so he’s come a long way.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Deni looks really promising so far, granted we haven't seen him in the regular season, but I'm actually excited to catch some Wizards games this year. Hopefully we can put this Covid craziness behind us and I can actually watch this team in person at the Verizon Center at some point in 2021.

If he hits his ceiling he'll be what Gordon Hayward was pre-injury. 

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That would be so awesome. Heck, even if he’s just a 15-17 pt scorer who averages 3 assists & 7 rebounds while shooting 35% from 3 I’ll take that! 

I think a few years down the road he's a 20-22 ppg, 6-7 rpg, 4-5 apg guy on good efficiency. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

Really? Excited or intrigued? 😂 

We can fill up the cup, but we’re a revolving door on the other end! 😂 

Excited. Westbrook/Beal is arguably the best backcourt in the league and you have some interesting, versatile pieces around them with Avdija, Rui, and Bertans. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think you guys need to make a move at the deadline for a big rim protecting 5 but I really like the rest of your team. 

I don’t think they will, they didn’t sign a C in December, I don’t see it. They like Bryant & Bryant can also shoot it. He’s a stretch 5, he’s a 38% shooter from 3.

Wizards are on tonight! Can’t wait!!

I don’t think the Wizards beat the Sixers but, I do expect Beal & Westbrook to play well and both go over 20 pts. Westbrook will probably eff around and get a triple double. I’m excited to see Bertans light it up from 3 but I’m most excited to see Bryant, TBJ & Deni’s progress.

Sucks Rui is out 10 games with the conjunctivitis in both his eyes. I really liked the progress he showed in the Bubble & in the one preseason game he played before he got the conjunctivitis in his eyes.

I think the Wizards proved they are going to be someone who isn’t going to be an easy out in the East this year. Westbrook almost had a triple double in the 1st half: 9 pts, 9 assists and 7 rebounds; Beal found his groove after missing hair first 3s badly, he went 3/6 for 3 after that. They gave the 76ers all they could handle and they didn’t have their 4th best player, Rui Hachimura bc of a bad case of pink eye in both eyes.

Westbrook: 21 pts, 15 assists, 11 rebs

Beal: 31 pts (3-8 from 3) 3 assists, 2 rebs, 4 steals

Bertans: 14 pts (4-6 from 3) 1 ast, 3 rebs

Bryant: 10 pts (0-3 from 3, must be better there) 5 rebs

Avdija: 7 pts, (2-2 from 3) 1 assist, 4 rebs

Bonga: 5 pts, (1-1 from 3) 2 assists, 3 rebs, 2 steals

Ish: 7 pts, 4 assists, 3 rebs (-21 ugh 🤦‍♂️)

Troy Brown Jr was disappointing tonight. (-23 ugh 🤦‍♂️) I expected him to do better as he was showing signs in preseason but, he wasn’t confident/efficient on offense and was a liability on defense vs the Sixers back up guards, same with Ish Smith although Ish makes up for it some bc he creates for others on offense.

I definitely see what @e16bball and @MKnight82 were talking about either Bonga. He makes winning plays w/o needing the ball in his hands bc of his D. I think that Brooks made a mistake tonight with having TBJ play more minutes than him. When the Sixers back up guards got hot, Brooks should’ve put in Bonga to try to shut them down.

Also, since Lopez was getting worked by Embid - to be expected - Brooks should’ve tried to play Wagner more IMO or, gone small to make Embid have to cover a stretch 4 at center to tire him out. Lopez was giving up points on the defense end anyway so what’s the difference?

That’s where missing Rui hurts the rotation I guess. If Rui is healthy, they could’ve played him with Bertans some on the 2nd unit with TBJ at SG and Avdija as the SF.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think the Wizards proved they are going to be someone who isn’t going to be an easy out in the East this year. Westbrook almost had a triple double in the 1st half: 9 pts, 9 assists and 7 rebounds; Beal found his groove after missing hair first 3s badly, he went 3/6 for 3 after that. They gave the 76ers all they could handle and they didn’t have their 4th best player, Rui Hachimura bc of a bad case of pink eye in both eyes.

You guys looked like a team that will compete for a playoff spot for sure, Avdija needs to be more aggressive offensively but that should come with time.