Trading down in the first to get another selection....

Warhorse

The easiest is if we traded our #21 (800 points) for the Jags #25 (720 points) & #106 (82 points).

It's a 4th, but Ballard would have to see the person he wants likely still there 4 picks later for their 1st pick. 

Edited by Warhorse

I think there's an opportunity for a further trade down. 

Assuming that Penei, Slater, and Darrisaw are all taken, the next tackles are into a lower tier. And despite what mocks say, I don't see the Colts taking a defensive end based on the quality of players in that group.

So that all means that a drop down to the late 20s-30s, as far as the Colts are concerned, means you can still get a player of equitable value(Rudunz, Cosmi, maybe Jenkins if it's a shorter drop). But the other half of the equation is that someone has to drop at 21 that the Colts may not need or grade highly but someone else does.

For the record, I think the trade is with green bay at 29+a 3rd and a future low round.

• Like 2

My ideal scenario honestly, is trading down far enough that we can gain a 3rd or 4th back, then select T Liam Eichenberg from Notre Dame.

He's good, not flashy, but really good. Already has a relationship with Quenton Nelson too, which doesn't hurt IMO. Might be able to move as far as 37-40 and pull that off. Teven Jenkins or Radunz would be very intriguing also. Cosmi, I guess. I'm not as high on him as some. But his movement skills are really good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

My ideal scenario honestly, is trading down far enough that we can gain a 3rd or 4th back, then select T Liam Eichenberg from Notre Dame.

He's good, not flashy, but really good. Already has a relationship with Quenton Nelson too, which doesn't hurt IMO. Might be able to move as far as 37-40 and pull that off. Teven Jenkins or Radunz would be very intriguing also. Cosmi, I guess. I'm not as high on him as some. But his movement skills are really good. 

I like Cosmi quite a bit, but the need to replenish picks is paramount. Not just the adding of ta l ent, but talent with the lower cap hit, is really necessary as the Colts get into big contracts for Nelson, Leonard, etc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I know it’s not “trading down in the first”, but in the Locked on Networks “Ultimate Mock Draft” Locked on Colts Evan Sidery traded down with the Dallas Cowboy 

Cowboys get: #21

Colts get: #44, #57, #94 and 2022 3rd

Sounds like a Ballard move.

Restock for next year after losing one for Wentz. Add two this year in what I believe is an excellent range. 

Who did Dallas take?