He hate me mock

OneTwoSixFive

This is a PFN mock (no trades). Mocks are done for the originators amusement. Expect to get more criticism than praise, as no-one else's thoughts are the same as yours. I went away from my usual pick at #29 of Washington DE Levi Onwuzurike and for the first time forced myself to take a WR in round one (if it was really the draft I don't think I would have passed on any of Levi, OT Teven Jenkins or LB Zaven Collins). I waited quite a while to take my CBs but I really like those I chose later on. 6 guys on defense and 4 on offense is a little unbalanced, but not all that much. I do like the later picks in this draft. No RB or TE (which is ok this year), but I would have liked a safety, just didn't see one I liked enough with a later pick.

1/29 WR Terrace Marshall 6'3”, 200, 4.38 LSU
Productive. Can separate on go routes. Tracks the ball well. Has an extra gear. Can generate YAC. Must finish off his routes. Took him as insurance against losing Adams next year.

2/62 DT Milton Williams 6'4”, 284, 4.61 ! Louisiana Tech
Has NFL level get-off and athleticism. Good pad level, strong, can convert take-off speed to power. More geared to penetrate than holding vs double-teams

3/92 OT Walker Little 6'7”, 309, Stanford
Super athletic, prototype size. Strong grip. More pass-pro than run blocker. Probably not an immediate starter, but projects to a high ceiling guy in year 2.

4/135 CB Keith Taylor 6'2”, 191, 4.56, Washington
Lots of players I like at Washington this year. DE Levi Onwuzurike and CB Elijah Molden are favourites. Keith challenges receivers. Feisty, a solid tackler, great route recognition. Contests well at the catch point.

4/142 WR Demetric Felton, 5'8.5”, 189, 4.55, UCLA
A WR/RB hybrid. His 40 time is misleading as he is very elusive and has a burst. Nice hands. Has return potential. Good out of the backfield. Short enough to be limited where he is used.

5/173 DT Darius Stills 6'1”, 281, 4.98 W.Virginia
Undersized hard charging pocket disruptor. Under-rated. Hot motor. Could really shine with NFL coaching to keep him in gaps when needed, and have more of a plan when rushing. Willing to experiment.

5/178 Edge Janarius Robinson 6'5”, 266, 4.72, Florida St.
No real production, but his tools and athleticism are absolutely top drawer. Florida St. did him no favours. Long arms, strong, powerful, flashes NFL level rush skills. Needs work. A considerable risk with a huge ceiling.

6/214 OT(OG) Dan Moore 6'5.5”, 309, Texas A&M
Experienced, powerful. His average foot speed suggests Guard may be a better position and if he can master T and G he has much more value.

6/220 LB Garrett Wallow 6'2”, 230, 4.65 TCU
An overgrown DB, so athletic but undersized. Outstanding blitzer. Instinctive. Can play man and zone. A bargain this late.

7/256 CB Tay Gowan 6'2”, 185, 4.41, UCF
Criminally underrated CB because he sat out 2020, so not much tape on him. If you can be on board with a small sample size, he has the skills of a much higher pick. Great click and close, flexible, good at getting to the ball and high-pointing it. Needs more muscle to compete with bigger WRs.

• Like 4

Love the draft.  I actually like Gowan in the 3rd or 4'th round.

Milton sure is interesting.  I think you took him too early, but the athletic traits are certainly there.  Wish he was 15 pounds heavier.  

But yah, great draft in my book.

I love Marshall at WR.  I'm gonna have a hard time in the draft if he and Bateman are there at our pick and we do the smart thing and go OT or CB over them.  Because those are two very good receivers.  And Marshall was clutch for multiple seasons in college.  

I don't like drafting WR's this early but your reasoning is sound and the value is there.  No issue with that.

In my opinion, way too early for Milton, and I like drafting big guys.  Stills where you have him makes more sense value wise, but I think he's better made for a 43.

Really like the 3rd and 4th round picks.  In my opinion Wallow goes well before this spot.  Deep LB draft, but he's a steal here.  Steals happen.

• Like 1

I don't hate this draft, but there will almost certainly be better wideouts there at 29 even if we wanted one that early. If anything, the value for wideouts drops off considerably after our 1st rd pick judging by mock trends I've seen (highly doubtful we can get a Rondale Moore without trading up from our 2nd round pick, for example).

Walker Little would be something of a steal at 92, though.

Edited by KManX89

Really like this.  Marshall is going to be really good.  Little at 92 could come in and start at RT.

The only thing I would change is the second DL....since Williams is already a bit under sized, I would go bigger for the second DT.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:16 AM, Dubz41 said:

Really like this.  Marshall is going to be really good.  Little at 92 could come in and start at RT.

The only thing I would change is the second DL....since Williams is already a bit under sized, I would go bigger for the second DT.

Little would be a LT actually. I'd go Daviyon Nixon at 62 if we went IDL there.

On 4/21/2021 at 10:54 AM, KManX89 said:

I don't hate this draft, but there will almost certainly be better wideouts there at 29 even if we wanted one that early. If anything, the value for wideouts drops off considerably after our 1st rd pick judging by mock trends I've seen (highly doubtful we can get a Rondale Moore without trading up from our 2nd round pick, for example).

Walker Little would be something of a steal at 92, though.

I have to back up @Dubz41on Marshall here. You're not getting a better WR at 29 because they'll all start flying off the board around pick 15 most likely. The Chargers, Patriots, Dolphins, and Washington could all use a WR, as would both the Jets and Ravens. Though that doesn't necessarily mean they'll all select one, it also doesn't mean that other teams like the Raiders, Colts, Jags, and Titans don't select one as well for various reasons. 

On 4/19/2021 at 4:28 PM, 15412 said:

I don't like drafting WR's this early but your reasoning is sound and the value is there.  No issue with that.

In my opinion, way too early for Milton, and I like drafting big guys.  Stills where you have him makes more sense value wise, but I think he's better made for a 43.

Really like the 3rd and 4th round picks.  In my opinion Wallow goes well before this spot.  Deep LB draft, but he's a steal here.  Steals happen.

Dead on about Stills. Stills is a classic Nick Fairley DT and not a fit in our system. I also agree on Wallow. I'd swap the Wallow and Felton picks here with Felton replacing Stills at 173; though that too is a bit early for Felton. Felton is barely draftable in some people's eyes(mainly because of his slow 40 time) but I think he could develop a niche role given his incredible versatility - he's one of those "more quick than fast" guys like AB who will leave tons of jock-straps on the field with his sudden movements and burst. 

Edited by Joe