Raider sign CB Rasul Douglas

2 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Shoe-in for the Stanford Routt, David Amerson, Gareon Conley, Daryl Worley role: tall and long corner who is fans swear is good but is actually bad.

Stanford Routt is a name that I haven't heard in a while. I still can't believe that we went Fabian Washington at #23 over Aaron Rodgers and Routt at #38. Both guys had that 4.2 speed that Al Davis loved but Washington over Rodgers especially after Gannon had just retired is probably the worst pick in franchise history. That 2005 defense should've been pretty good though with Routt, Washington, Woodson, Morrison, Sapp, Kelly, and Burgess who had 16 sacks that year. 

I also though Sean Smith/David Amerson was going to be a lock down CB duo for us, lol. 

• Like 1

Actually like the move, probably not good enough to start but knows the scheme and fits the role. 

If Johnson still doesn't develop he can atleast cover Arnette if he gets hurt or if he moves inside to nickle. 

Guessing will be cheap too. Low risk decent upside. 

He gets hands on the ball often but can be a bit boom or bust with coverage.  Reminds me of a better Worley

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

For me, it's more about just how badly they play and whether they show development by year 2. I'm usually not a fan of going the same position in back to back years unless something crazy happens like a massive injury or they go full stupid. 

That said, some people have major issues acknowledging that some guys simply peaked in college and/or want to give them years upon years to take the first step to begin with. 

A good example is Abram and Cle. We're waiting on Abram to be remotely playable and still have guys hoping Cle becomes a mediocre pass defender. This far in, it shouldn't be blasphemy to say they're just not good. Doesn't mean they'll never be, but sometimes you have to say enough is enough and move on from a guy or you can spend years waiting for zilch. 

I'm sure someone somewhere is still maintaining that Joshua Dobbs will be a star lol.

Whilst I agree in principal and I get what you're saying I think a lot of people are vastly underestimating Ferrell, I was expecting a big jump last year and whilst he did flash potential, notably in the KC game and maybe Denver as well? I think he was hampered by the Covid situation and missing time. I do expect Ferrell to be a very good player this coming year - though he'll never be primarily a pass rusher, but a more rounded DE of course.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Whilst I agree in principal and I get what you're saying I think a lot of people are vastly underestimating Ferrell, I was expecting a big jump last year and whilst he did flash potential, notably in the KC game and maybe Denver as well? I think he was hampered by the Covid situation and missing time. I do expect Ferrell to be a very good player this coming year - though he'll never be primarily a pass rusher, but a more rounded DE of course.

alot of players make a big jump during  year 3

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I want to see if Rod can live up to the greatest DL coach ever hype he got from Gruden. 

Marinelli definitely commands the players respect... he’s that old school drill Sargent type.... but he’s fading away. He was that great in Dallas either.

20 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Marinelli definitely commands the players respect... he’s that old school drill Sargent type.... but he’s fading away. He was that great in Dallas either.

In his 6 years as the Cowboys defensive coordinator they allowed 20.9 ppg and averaged 35 sacks and 20 takeaways. And their sack numbers increased every year. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

In his 6 years as the Cowboys defensive coordinator they allowed 20.9 ppg and averaged 35 sacks and 20 takeaways. And their sack numbers increased every year. 

I didn’t say he wasn’t good... I said he’s fading.  Despite the stats he was fired in Dallas and then the DL regressed pretty heavily under him last year.  

On 4/20/2021 at 7:30 AM, Darbsk said:

I’m with you in regards to Ferrell.  I think he makes a big jump this year.  I think he’ll excel in Bradley’s scheme.

Id go as far as to say I expect 7 sacks, 50 tackles.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I didn’t say he wasn’t good... I said he’s fading.  Despite the stats he was fired in Dallas and then the DL regressed pretty heavily under him last year.  

He wasn't fired in Dallas. They brought in an entirely new coaching staff to be fair.

The issue is simple, it all comes down to talent. Raider fans constantly blame coaches for everything without looking at the fact that this team has been devoid of talent on defense for decades. 

Rod had talent in Dallas on each level and his defense were among the leagues best. Comes to Vegas to coach a poorly talented DLine. 

On 4/19/2021 at 4:10 PM, Turnobili said:

what i really hope is that people dont think signing Douglas solves our CB problem to the point where we dont need to add a legit starter like Sherman or Hayward

He's at best a 3rd corner if that and he's a cancer in the locker room.

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

In 2019 under Rod their defense gave up 327 ypg, 20.1 ppg, and had 39 sacks. In 2020 under Mike Nolan they gave up 386 ypg, 29.6 ppg, and had 31 sacks.