Trading Rodgers: A Down Year Discussion

MacReady

Which do you take?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you take?

• Option 1 (Garrett, two first round picks)
    • Option 2 (Rodgers)

Right, there's a zero percent chance that Rodgers is released. Teams are probably somewhat justified in being annoyed that Rodgers gets a pass because he's Rodgers, even if they find other ways of doing effectively the same thing. GB gets a warning and worst case they take one of our 14 7th round picks this year. The league sends out a memo reminding teams about IR rules. 

13 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Right, there's a zero percent chance that Rodgers is released. Teams are probably somewhat justified in being annoyed that Rodgers gets a pass because he's Rodgers, even if they find other ways of doing effectively the same thing. GB gets a warning and worst case they take one of our 14 7th round picks this year. The league sends out a memo reminding teams about IR rules. 

I mean he doesn't even need a pass, would it really be fair to the packers if they lost rodgers to something as silly as this..

53 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I mean, has anyone legitimately been punished for this rule ever?

If indeed the league has to sign off on these transactions I'd love to know which teams made a stink about this.  Talk about trolling!  If I were Mark Murphy and I found out who these teams were I wouldn't be eager to be too cordial to them at the next league meeting, that's for sure.   ¬¬

45 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If indeed the league has to sign off on these transactions I'd love to know which teams made a stink about this.  Talk about trolling!  If I were Mark Murphy and I found out who these teams were I wouldn't be eager to be too cordial to them at the next league meeting, that's for sure.   ¬¬

Which teams tand the most to gain?  The Browns.  If I was John Dorsey, I would literally spend 24/7 whining and complaining and screaming and crying and moaning and bitching.  Teams may very well be team, or it may just be the Browns, Vikings, Lions and Beats.  I saw that I spelled Bears wrong but I'm not going back to correct it.  Onward. 

On 12/24/2017 at 12:23 PM, Cakeshoppe said:

There is nothing to be warned about. The league approved the roster move. 

This is a complete non-issue.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There is nothing to be warned about. The league approved the roster move. 

This is a complete non-issue.

Yep. Any fault lands on the league here for approving the roster move. GB won’t, and shouldn’t be, punished. 

Archived