Draft Day Surprises

xrade

22 minutes ago, xrade said:

With the talk of NE discussing trade up options into top 10 if Fields falls, it would only further prove that God is a Patriots fan and hates the Jets.

Why is Fields falling?  Anyone know?  I really want NE to be shut out from drafting any of the top 4 QB’s this year. Of course a higher power would see to it that they draft Trask in round 2 and he becomes a ******* star. 

hip pointer may be a reason.  

14 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure that’d be a big surprise

Considering the top 4 picks in the NFL draft have never been all QBs and the top three have only twice been all QBs.   I think that would be a be deal or surprise or “buck a trend”. But that’s just me. Lol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Considering the top 4 picks in the NFL draft have never been all QBs and the top three have only twice been all QBs.   I think that would be a be deal or surprise or “buck a trend”. But that’s just me. Lol 

Agreed. But that's how a lot are predicting the draft. So it's not exactly against what people think.

12 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

What would be a real shocker is if the top 5 picks were QB. Perhaps a team wanting a QB will trade up with Cincy. They would not necessarily need to go to 5, but it would ensure them a QB with no one to jump them. 

I think this draft is going to have a lot of shock picks too it. I read an article that a lot of these guys medical check ups have be coming in late and the teams are not happy what they see. There was no combine so all these teams have to do difrent things to get what they think is a clear medical check. I think Fields is a scary pick for teams because of the hip factor. They think it might be another Tua situation. Some of these guys did not even play last year and that will be a factor too. I think the Jets taking Zach is scary too with the shoulder. I think they are thinking it is okay after his pro day. 

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think this draft is going to have a lot of shock picks too it. I read an article that a lot of these guys medical check ups have be coming in late and the teams are not happy what they see. There was no combine so all these teams have to do difrent things to get what they think is a clear medical check. I think Fields is a scary pick for teams because of the hip factor. They think it might be another Tua situation. Some of these guys did not even play last year and that will be a factor too. I think the Jets taking Zach is scary too with the shoulder. I think they are thinking it is okay after his pro day. 

The jets already got medicals back on Zach's shoulder and everything sussosedly checked out. 

On 4/26/2021 at 8:41 AM, xrade said:

With the talk of NE discussing trade up options into top 10 if Fields falls, it would only further prove that God is a Patriots fan and hates the Jets.

Why is Fields falling?  Anyone know?  I really want NE to be shut out from drafting any of the top 4 QB’s this year. Of course a higher power would see to it that they draft Trask in round 2 and he becomes a ******* star. 

If Fields falls past 7 or 8, I could see the Bears trading up for him.  They have already shown that they were willing to give up a huge bounty of picks for Russell WIlson, and with their jobs on the line in Chicago I can't see their GM and HC going into the season with only Andy Dalton.  That would be career suicide, especially after taking Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson.  You would think they have to do something to improve the position very soon.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's very interesting.  I haven't heard that before.   Wasn't it a hip pointer that ended Bo Jackson's career?

I don't believe so.   I think it was damaged artery in hip area that ended Bo's NFL/MLB careers.   Dislocating and fracturing hip caused that.

• Like 1