• Tight end
  2. 2. Ideal situation

• Trade up to top 10
    • Trade up to 11-20
    • Trade up to the 20s
    • Trade down- picks next year
    • Trade back to the 2nd
    • Pick at 26

I just want them to maximize the value of the pick.

If all of the elite players at positions they value are going fast, I wouldn’t mind a small trade up to grab one.

If one falls, take them at 26.  

If multiple fall, a small trade back to acquire more picks and then taking one would be great.

If they're all long gone and we cant grab an elite player at 26, trade back for more picks.

There are just too many variables to put a name or position to the pick when you’re drafting at 26. That said, I’d rather have an elite player at a position of lesser importance (LB, S, etc) than like the 7th best player at a more important position who may be considered “good”.

• Like 2

In a PERFECT world, it would be the best player available, and that best player available would also be a Corner, a Defensive End, a Defensive Tackle, or a Linebacker, in that order.

Guys I would love to land at that spot or later:

*Rousseau

*Farley/Horn

*Barmore

*JOK/Collins

I'm personally not enamored whatsoever with any of the safeties in this class, and from a positional value and scheme perspective, I think we'd be better off landing a guy like Pete Werner in the 2nd or Chazz Surratt in the 3rd+ round than a linebacker in the first, thus maximizing positional value, as the linebacker class is relatively deep and the dropoff after JOK and Collins is a big one in my opinion. I know some of you like the kid from Kentucky, but I think the kid from LSU is a good player as well (albeit 2 years older than the UK kid).

Basically, there are about 4-5 dudes I like in the 2nd or 3rd (Werner, UK kid, LSU kid, Surratt, kid from Missouri, and Browning's upside and measurables).

I also like the DEPTH of the wide receiver class, so I'd prefer to get 2 dudes in the first 4 rounds this year projecting forward to Landry/OBJ's future in 2023 and beyond.

I also like Samuel Jr. and Melifonwu in the 2nd.

TL;DR here's my ideal draft in the first 2 days:

1st: Rousseau or Farley/Horn

2nd: Werner or Samuel/Melifonwu if we went DL in the 1st

3rd: BPA WR or LB if we haven't drafted that position yet

• Like 1

Best case is stay at 26 and get either a CB or DE who can step in and have a significant role this year but doesn't need to be a starter their rookie year.

If the guys left are not who we want to spend the pick on, we move down to the top of the 2nd round and gain picks for 2022. I don't think we need more draft capital in the 2021 draft. So grabbing a 2nd or 3rd for next year would be better for the future. I can also see us moving down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to gain more picks for next year. 

• Like 1

I know it doesn't follow the "so called" analytics of taking a LB in the first, but I'm still leaning towards JOK or Zaven Collins.  I get that they are 2 different types of LB's, but both bring a skill set that I think would benefit this team

Before signing Takk, and Clowney, I was all aboard the DE train.  While that is not out of the question, I would wait till the 2nd or 3rd to address that position now.  Unless a guy like Kwity Paye (or Rousseau) drops, I'm probably not taking a DE with the first rd pick.

I love Daviyon Nixon, but probably only if we traded down.  Not sure there is any DT's that will be worthy of the 26th pick that will be available

You can't have enough corners, and I believe this is the route that we ultimately go

Samuel, Newsome, or Farley will most likely be the pick

• Like 1

Dream scenario would be Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn falling to us at #26. However, seeing this as unlikely, I voted for trading back and acquiring picks for next year (where hopefully the process will be more normal) and landing a CB in late round 1/early round 2 who still provides us with value such as Asante Samuel Jr., Tyson Campbell, or Ifeatu Melifonwu.

I'm also intrigued by Micah Parsons, which would require a trade-up.  I don't know that he is a slam dunk, however, and would be worth the risk of trading assets to get him.  He just seems like he will be a TFL machine at the next level, and could be a real game changing guy to have, outside of Garrett.

He reminds me a bit of Khalil Mack

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I know it doesn't follow the "so called" analytics of taking a LB in the first, but I'm still leaning towards JOK or Zaven Collins.  I get that they are 2 different types of LB's, but both bring a skill set that I think would benefit this team

I think JOK could definitely be in play because he’s not really a LB.  iirc, PFF had him as the the number 2 coverage grade in CFB in the slot.  That’s huge in this defense.

Woods has long said he wants a lot of nickel and dime looks and JOK could pair with Harrison in the dime for a really versatile group.

Collins would print the length and athleticism to profile as a pass rusher in addition to being a capable 3 down backer.

Both offer a level of versatility that imo would increase their value above that of “just a linebacker”.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

Dream scenario would be Patrick Surtain II or Jaycee Horn falling to us at #26. However, seeing this as unlikely, I voted for trading back and acquiring picks for next year (where hopefully the process will be more normal) and landing a CB in late round 1/early round 2 who still provides us with value such as Asante Samuel Jr., Tyson Campbell, or Ifeatu Melifonwu.

Horn is my favorite as well at the moment.

Just once I want to be that team in the 20’s that just sits there and then drafts some dude who inexplicably fell and everyone goes “how tf did THEY get HIM?!?”.  Just like we’ve watched the Steelers and Ravens do for years..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Horn is my favorite as well at the moment.

Just once I want to be that team in the 20’s that just sits there and then drafts some dude who inexplicably fell and everyone goes “how tf did THEY get HIM?!?”.  Just like we’ve watched the Steelers and Ravens do for years..

I hope so too. It ain't gonna be horn, though; he might go top-10.