• Trade up to top 10
    • Trade up to 11-20
    • Trade up to the 20s
    • Trade down- picks next year
    • Trade back to the 2nd
    • Pick at 26

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Here's what we won't do:

• We won't trade up to take a RB in the top 3.
  • We won't take someone in the 1st we've never even talked to.
  • We won't take a damn center in the 1st round.
  • We won't trade up to #22 to take a QB.
  • We won't draft anyone who's 28 years old.

You forgot “take someone who’s only tangible football skill is being morbidly obese” but besides that basically nailed it 

I think if one of the top 3 CB’s drops to about 20 we are on the phones trying to work something out, we have a extra 3rd and 5th to work with plus I doubt 9 rookies are making this team. I want us to draft 6 players that DePo, Berry and co are high on.

use other picks to help get up to where those players are

No one knows the plan or draft board of Browns!  Some say we stay at 26, others suggest we trade down, and a few like me suggest we trade up.  Additionally everyone is all over the map on what position and player it will be.  Some project we trade OBJ and Ndjoku for picks while others think we should use draft capital for players.  Some suggest we gather picks for next year.  Since this is the best roster the Browns have ever had, we have a lot of flexibility.  Again, I am in favor of using next year’s #1 to trade up for defensive impact player.

9 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I think if one of the top 3 CB’s drops to about 20 we are on the phones trying to work something out, we have a extra 3rd and 5th to work with plus I doubt 9 rookies are making this team. I want us to draft 6 players that DePo, Berry and co are high on.

use other picks to help get up to where those players are

I would agree with this (not having 9 rookies) and I also am of the mindset to move up for quality when it presents itself.  However, I think this regime will continue to look for opportunities to trade current picks for future picks.  This would also fix the dilemma of having 9 rooks.

19 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I would agree with this (not having 9 rookies) and I also am of the mindset to move up for quality when it presents itself.  However, I think this regime will continue to look for opportunities to trade current picks for future picks.  This would also fix the dilemma of having 9 rooks.

This is such an underutilized way of increasing assets. You typically get a round higher the following year just for deferring.

Im all for moving a day 3 pick or two every year if the opportunities present themselves, but even more so this year with the goofiness of covid and its impact on the season and the whole predraft process.

• Like 1

IMO, if those top 4 CBs are gone, as are the Top 4 WR, and we don't like Rousseau and Barmore and Paye are gone, I'd love to trade back to the early 30s and recoup some picks in the 2nd/3rd this year and a future 2 or 3 next year.

I'd then parlay some later round picks this and next to move back into R2-R4, because I love the depth/value on the interior OL, RB, LB, and WR in this class.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, if those top 4 CBs are gone, as are the Top 4 WR, and we don't like Rousseau and Barmore and Paye are gone, I'd love to trade back to the early 30s and recoup some picks in the 2nd/3rd this year and a future 2 or 3 next year.

I'd then parlay some later round picks this and next to move back into R2-R4, because I love the depth/value on the interior OL, RB, LB, and WR in this class.

Yeah man, those mid round picks could do a TON for our depth and future planning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah man, those mid round picks could do a TON for our depth and future planning. 

Imagine if we could get something like this:

Trade 26 to Atlanta for:

#35, #108, 2022 3rd (very close on the 2021 Draft Value Chart):

#35: Elijah Moore, WR Ole Miss

#59: Pete Werner, LB Ohio State

Trade #89, #108, 2022 6th for:

#60: Melifonwu, CB Syracuse 

#91: Togiai, DT Ohio State

End of D2

Essentially, we only "lose" our 2022 6th in that scenario after the first trade to move up from #89 to #60.

(Plug in whatever player(s) you like there instead for the record)

• Like 1

If we can end up with 6 guys drafted between rounds 2-5 and a future 3rd I think we will have done a great job. 

A wr for the future, depth dbs and push greedy, a pass rusher or a dt, and a linebacker to rotate and we will have done exceptionally well. I hope they dont draft a chubb replacement though, I love him.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, MWil23 said:

Imagine if we could get something like this:

Trade 26 to Atlanta for:

#35, #108, 2022 3rd (very close on the 2021 Draft Value Chart):

#35: Elijah Moore, WR Ole Miss

#59: Pete Werner, LB Ohio State

Trade #89, #108, 2022 6th for:

#60: Melifonwu, CB Syracuse 

#91: Togiai, DT Ohio State

End of D2

Essentially, we only "lose" our 2022 6th in that scenario after the first trade to move up from #89 to #60.

(Plug in whatever player(s) you like there instead for the record)

Dayamm - that is one impressive haul, bud.

But seriously, we could use an impact player at any or all 3 levels of the defense, as well as a speed WR.

So, for the first time in forever, I am very good with a BPA approach.

In AB we trust......