Steelers give HC Tomlin 3-year contract extension

ReggieCamp

17 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Is this good or bad? I honestly can't tell anymore. I feel like the Steelers could use a fresh start, but maybe that is just me. 

I think the fresh start will be post Ben. I want to see how Tomlin coaches without Ben. He's the only holdover from the Cowher era. 

47 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Is this good or bad? I honestly can't tell anymore. I feel like the Steelers could use a fresh start, but maybe that is just me. 

Depends on which steelers fan you ask, I suppose

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As a division rival, I'm not screaming and cursing right now. I'm not like over the moon happy but the Steelers have pretty consistently under-achieved with him at the helm the last decade IMO so this doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart as a Ravens fan.

Take that for what it's worth I guess. Not trying to get into a flame-war about Tomlin's rank in the league either so anyone who's thinking about going back and forth with my opinion of Tomlin...I'm not doing it lol.

Definitely a polarizing guy

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think the fresh start will be post Ben. I want to see how Tomlin coaches without Ben. He's the only holdover from the Cowher era. 

The problem is that Cowher didn’t get enough time with Ben.  

Tomlin inherited most of Cowher’s drafted players.  

Tomlin should feel lucky that he had Ben for all those years, because if he didn’t, he surely wouldn’t be where he is today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

As a division rival, I'm not screaming and cursing right now. I'm not like over the moon happy but the Steelers have pretty consistently under-achieved with him at the helm IMO so this doesn't exactly strike fear into my heart as a Ravens fan.

Take that for what it's worth I guess. Not trying to get into a flame-war about Tomlin's rank in the league either so anyone who's thinking about going back and forth with my opinion of Tomlin...I'm not doing it lol.

Definitely a polarizing guy

This is my take as well.

Good coach, not a great one.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

You know this for a fact?

Well, you can take a look at the QB's Mike Tomlin has drafted during his tenure to get an idea of what he would have tried to do at the QB position if he wasn't gifted a franchise guy from the start of it.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

Well, you can take a look at the QB's Mike Tomlin has drafted during his tenure to get an idea of what he would have tried to do at the QB position if he wasn't gifted a franchise guy from the start of it.

Hard disagree. Tomlin has never taken a 1st round QB. We don't know how he's drafted QBs, other than backups. 

• Like 2