Steelers give HC Tomlin 3-year contract extension

ReggieCamp

15 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Well, you can take a look at the QB's Mike Tomlin has drafted during his tenure to get an idea of what he would have tried to do at the QB position if he wasn't gifted a franchise guy from the start of it.

Exactly.  

Dennis Dixon, Landry Jones, Josh Dobbs, Mason Rudolph.  

They have all been terrible.  

Tomlin had no drafting talent, nor is he capable of holding a football team together.  

The real problem is the ownership.  For Art Rooney to even keep him around this long just proves that he’s in total lockstep with the NFL and their agenda. 

Forget about firing him and getting a solid coach in there.  No, they have other priorities. 

30 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

The argument keeps going back to this. Everything bad is Tomlin. Everything good is Ben. It's a very similar argument Ben haters make. I'm not trying to convince anyone that Tomlin is the best coach in the league. I just think the extreme hate for him is weird. 

Here's the argument. The Steelers will never sniff another Lombardi under Tomlin. Once Ben and Colbert leave, he's going to limp along until he mercifully and finally decides to retire. Because we all know the Rooney's aint firing him. As some Steelers fans have been wont to say, has more job security than the Pope.

3 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Here's the argument. The Steelers will never sniff another Lombardi under Tomlin. Once Ben and Colbert leave, he's going to limp along until he mercifully and finally decides to retire. Because we all know the Rooney's aint firing him. As some Steelers fans have been wont to say, has more job security than the Pope.

I'm glad you have the ability to see the future. 

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm glad you have the ability to see the future. 

Well, I've been right for like the last five years so I'll keep betting the way I have. The reality is that more and more Steelers fans come over to my side of the argument every year. And that includes on here even if they refuse to acknowledge it. True Tomlin defenders are a dying breed.

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

To the guys saying he sucks or want him gone. Be careful good coaches are very hard to come by.

We live in a world where Nick Siriranni and David Culley have HC jobs, a world where Bill O'Brien and Chuck Pagano were HCs.

So... yeah. Don't assume that average coaches are a foregone conclusion.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Well, I've been right for like the last five years so I'll keep betting the way I have. The reality is that more and more Steelers fans come over to my side of the argument every year. And that includes on here even if they refuse to acknowledge it. True Tomlin defenders are a dying breed.

Hey, I respect it. I try not to get too attached or against anyone on the team. I've stopped caring enough for that. I just want to see what Tomlin can do without Ben. I like him, but I'm far from a true Tomlin defender. These last couple of years have been bad. 

51 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Dennis Dixon, Landry Jones, Josh Dobbs, Mason Rudolph.  

They have all been terrible.  

Tomlin had no drafting talent, nor is he capable of holding a football team together.  

This is what I'm arguing against. Stupid hate.

So we draft average QBs exactly where average QBs are drafted. I'm sorry that every backup we draft isn't Tom Brady. I suppose if we had a good coach we'd have HOF talent at every position including backups. We'd also never lose and we'd have had 25 rings in the last 25 years. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We live in a world where Nick Siriranni and David Culley have HC jobs, a world where Bill O'Brien and Chuck Pagano were HCs.

So... yeah. Don't assume that average coaches are a foregone conclusion.

A world where a coach can go 19-29 and still get paid 10 million per year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's how I feel. I like what he's done with the defense. He built on what Lebeau did and put his own twist on it. I want to see what he can do on the offense. 

Yes but Steelers just don't blitz enough...