And with the 7th pick in 2021 NFL draft...

Louis Friend

3 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I cringe when I read the mock drafts for us. We're an after thought. For every analyst that talks about how "deep this WR class is" (year after year) they still will peg a rebuilding team with another 1st round WR but have us pass over one of the best OT prospects. 

I get it.. the team has been bad. Lazy reporting/writing is worse. 

I think it depends on the writer and website. but Lions have been bad...no superbowl in 64 years....not even an appearance lmao...really surprised NFL allows us in the league after all these years lolllllllll. Lets be thankful we have a team after all the BS we've probably all witnessed. Id start to question if I wanted to own a team after 10 years of being a loser and bottom of any league. The Fords managed to screw it up for 70 years....LOL..or maybe it really is those darn zebras. Also side note anyone see Robert Craft step down from Apollo????? mmmmmhmmmm...sketch...

32 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

We can be the most exciting bunch of losers!

I remember being excited about Lions football when I was watching Suh dominate the line of scrimmage. Sure Megatron produced a spectacular highlight reel, but it wasn't as exciting as even one guy dominating a line of scrimmage for me. 

I've watched Barry and Calvin during my fandom... and no one made me more excited than Ndamukong Suh. I've supported the team since he departed, but I've never felt close to being that excited about the team. I'm hoping Holmes/Dorsey/Campbell can build a team that excites me like that again. 

23 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

I think it depends on the writer and website. but Lions have been bad...no superbowl in 64 years....not even an appearance lmao...really surprised NFL allows us in the league after all these years lolllllllll. Lets be thankful we have a team after all the BS we've probably all witnessed. Id start to question if I wanted to own a team after 10 years of being a loser and bottom of any league. The Fords managed to screw it up for 70 years....LOL..or maybe it really is those darn zebras. Also side note anyone see Robert Craft step down from Apollo????? mmmmmhmmmm...sketch...

Franchise is more BILLIONS. Win or lose, no one is dumb enough to sell that kind of money making asset unless due to death of ownership, other more lucrative business ventures, or owner forced out. Say what you will about the Lions losing year after year, the don't hurt the other franchises in that sense that they would force the Fords to sell. 

27 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Franchise is more BILLIONS. Win or lose, no one is dumb enough to sell that kind of money making asset unless due to death of ownership, other more lucrative business ventures, or owner forced out. Say what you will about the Lions losing year after year, the don't hurt the other franchises in that sense that they would force the Fords to sell. 

i was happy when ford died hoping the daughter didnt want to deal with the team. all well. to another 70 years lol 

Okay, say the draft falls as follows:

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB- Jacksonville     LOCK

2. Zach Wilson, QB- NY Jets      LOCK

3. Mac Jones, QB- San Fran      Most likely scenario even though it's questionable

4. Kyle Pitts, TE- Atlanta      Rumor Atlanta is locked in on him

5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR- Cincy      Cincy is deciding between Chase and Sewell

6. Miami on the clock      ????????????????????

7. Detroit Lions     ???????????????????

On the board:

Penei Sewell OT

Justin Fields QB

Trey Lance QB

DeVonta Smith WR

Jaylen Waddle WR

Rashawn Slater OT

1. Do you think Miami stays at 6? Rumors at the time of the trade with Philly were they moved back up to #6 to get one of Chase or Pitts before Detroit. With both off the board, do they stay at 6 or trade with a QB needy team?

2. Miami trades #6 to a QB needy team. Do the Lions stay at #7 and draft Sewell or do they trade with a QB needy team for the remaining QB and pick up extra draft picks hoping Slater stays on the board?

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

3. Mac Jones, QB- San Fran      Most likely scenario even though it's questionable

On the board:

Penei Sewell OT

Justin Fields QB

Trey Lance QB

DeVonta Smith WR

Jaylen Waddle WR

Rashawn Slater OT

1. Do you think Miami stays at 6? Rumors at the time of the trade with Philly were they moved back up to #6 to get one of Chase or Pitts before Detroit. With both off the board, do they stay at 6 or trade with a QB needy team?

2. Miami trades #6 to a QB needy team. Do the Lions stay at #7 and draft Sewell or do they trade with a QB needy team for the remaining QB and pick up extra draft picks hoping Slater stays on the board?

Do you think the trade of Ereck Flowers puts the Dolphins in more of a position to select Sewell? 

40 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

On the board:

Penei Sewell OT

Justin Fields QB

Trey Lance QB

DeVonta Smith WR

Jaylen Waddle WR

Rashawn Slater OT

They should stay put and draft Sewell unless the offer is huge. 

12 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

They should stay put and draft Sewell unless the offer is huge. 

My hope is Sewell of all players we will have a shot at. We need to do all we can to give Goff an honest evaluation and having a dominant oline would help do that while also giving our Rbs some room, and helping keep the defense fresh. If Goff fails, we still have a dominant oline to help whatever Qb we bring in after.

5 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

We can be the most exciting bunch of losers!

I remember being excited about Lions football when I was watching Suh dominate the line of scrimmage. Sure Megatron produced a spectacular highlight reel, but it wasn't as exciting as even one guy dominating a line of scrimmage for me. 

I loved Suh.  I remember thinking they were going to have to choose between him and Calvin when it came down to who they were going to sign long term and thought we picked wrong at the time.  Of course we may have been able to sign both if Mayhew  didn’t botch the deal.

3 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

On the board:

Penei Sewell OT

Justin Fields QB

Trey Lance QB

DeVonta Smith WR

Jaylen Waddle WR

Rashawn Slater OT

I think Miami is going to take Sewell or Waddle.  (I really hope they take Waddle.  Even better if they take Smith since I want nothing to do with him in the first 20 picks)

For me there’s only 3 players there that you choose from: Sewell, Fields or Lance.  That’s it.  If they think either QB is a franchise guy you pull the trigger.  No questions asked.  If they think Sewell is a HOF OT that is plug and play stud from day one you take him.  I know like everyone I like the trade down but honestly you don’t get cute when it comes to Franchise QB or LT/OTs.  Honestly you don’t.  Having said that if they aren’t absolutely in love you trade down.  And possibly even leverage it to trade down multiple times.  Maybe in just stockpile picks the next couple of years.  Next years 1st is worth a 2 this year and a 1st in 2023 is worth like an early 3rd (trade value) so perhaps you can get teams to part with those high future assets. 

But if they stay pat with the board looking like this and they don’t nab one of those players it’s a mistake.

Edited by Millenhater
Auto correct

50 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Say Sewell, Chase and Pitts are off the board. Mac Jones taken at #3. You have Fields, Lance, Waddle, Smith at #7 and no trade down scenario... who do you take?

It’s between Fields and Lance and to me it’s not even a question.  It just is which one you like best and I keep going back and forth but right now I’m leaning Fields.

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

It’s between Fields and Lance and to me it’s not even a question.  It just is which one you like best and I keep going back and forth but right now I’m leaning Fields.

I’m in the same boat between Fields and Lance but leaning towards Lance because I think the league has shifted more towards mobile QBs.