And with the 7th pick in 2021 NFL draft...

Louis Friend

8 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Say Sewell, Chase and Pitts are off the board. Mac Jones taken at #3. You have Fields, Lance, Waddle, Smith at #7 and no trade down scenario... who do you take?

Fields. All day. I'm not sure if he will work out or not, but I think he has the best chance and arguably the most upside. He's also played in very big games against some very good NFL talent. Biggest question to me is if you take Fields and Goff is back to pro bowl form, what do you do then?

If we come out of this draft with Smith in the first round, I don't think I will like this draft.

**Edit...Nevermind...I'll go with Slater.

Edited by LionArkie
  • Like 1

I don’t mind Waddle, but I have other guys rated higher. 

As for Fields vs Lance, Fields has a higher floor and a more “sure thing” than Lance, great college tape... but I think Lance has more upside and could provide a new dual threat direction for the Lions. 

If Goff goes back to pro bowl form and you have either Fields or Lance, that is a great problem to have. 

edit- I see only one scenario, the one I outlined, that this is a possibility.

Edited by Louis Friend

Just now, Louis Friend said:

As for Fields vs Lance, Fields has a higher floor and a more “sure thing” than Lance, great college tape... but I think Lance has more upside and could provide a new dual threat direction for the Lions. 

If Goff goes back to pro bowl form and you have either Fields or Lance, that is a great problem to have. 

ask the packers...and we do not have a rodgers lol 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

edit- I see only one scenario, the one I outlined, that this is a possibility.

Absolutely agree on it being a great problem to have. But do you get rid of the pro-bowl 26 year old qb, or do you get rid of the high floor/ceiling Fields/Lance? I like the problem, but what return on your 7th pick do you think you will get? If you trade Fields/Lance, I don't think you will get a 7th pick value for him (maybe I'm wrong).  If you trade Goff, it's not a sure thing keeping Fields/Lance pays off. I think there could be some downside here for a rebuilding team.

Edited by LionArkie

24 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

Absolutely agree on it being a great problem to have. But do you get rid of the pro-bowl 26 year old qb, or do you get rid of the high floor/ceiling Fields/Lance? I like the problem, but what return on your 7th pick do you think you will get? If you trade Fields/Lance, I don't think you will get a 7th pick value for him (maybe I'm wrong).  If you trade Goff, it's not a sure thing keeping Fields/Lance pays off. I think there could be some downside here for a rebuilding team.

It depends on how the rookie QB develops.  If you are confident (i.e. Phillip Rivers Situation) you deal Goff and collect more picks (probably a 1st).  If Goff has a good year it's not a sure thing he's good after this year either.  We've seen him be successful then teams figure him out and he struggles.  Like you said a great situation to be in.  It's tough but I just would have to trust the personel dept.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

On 97.1 right now there saying there’s a new espn report that Lions have called Atlanta about trading up to 4 for Chase.  Price was to steep for now

I wouldn't be shocked if they called ATL to test the Julio waters, but I don't want them interested in moving up for a WR. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

That doesn’t make any sense.  Trade for Julio in a rebuild? 

I said "test the waters". Rumor has it Julio has been problematic the last few years. It doesn't hurt to see how motivated ATL would be to move him. 

14 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

That doesn’t make any sense.  Trade for Julio in a rebuild? 

Help me with contract info, but he's owed $23 million this season. What would the Lions be on the hook for if trading for him? At least $15-20 million? Too rich for a 30+ yo WR during a rebuild.