And with the 7th pick in 2021 NFL draft...

Louis Friend

I think if they think one of these QBs is the a legit franchise guy then you have to take him.  Having said that I’m starting to dig in on the Sewell train.  I think he gives Goff the best chance to succeed.  There’s a reason franchise OTs don’t become available and WRs do.  They are just so much more valuable and rare.  Plus Sewell would give us an instant identity.  Man, I’m really excited and nervous for tomorrow!  

Best case scenario is Jones goes three and Dolphins take Waddle.

14 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think if they think one of these QBs is the a legit franchise guy then you have to take him.  Having said that I’m starting to dig in on the Sewell train.  I think he gives Goff the best chance to succeed.  There’s a reason franchise OTs don’t become available and WRs do.  They are just so much more valuable and rare.  Plus Sewell would give us an instant identity.  Man, I’m really excited and nervous for tomorrow!  

Best case scenario is Jones goes three and Dolphins take Waddle.

I think if Sewell is gone, Slater should still be there. Many on here have been behind him for some time, and I am starting to understand why. That dude plays like a seasoned Pro. If Sewell is not there for us, I am good taking Slater. Having a dominant oline has me drooling. 

3 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I think if Sewell is gone, Slater should still be there. Many on here have been behind him for some time, and I am starting to understand why. That dude plays like a seasoned Pro. If Sewell is not there for us, I am good taking Slater. Having a dominant oline has me drooling. 

Slater is a stud. But I would imagine that the Lions trade down if Sewell is gone, unless Chase is on the board. I expect a team would be looking to trade up for a QB.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Slater is a stud. But I would imagine that the Lions trade down if Sewell is gone, unless Chase is on the board. I expect a team would be looking to trade up for a QB.

So I've been watching some Slater recently and he's good.  Super smooth mover, my one concern is he does seem to let players get their hands on his chest, however he's strong enough to anchor when it happens.  Not sure if this is length issue or not.  My only concern is he going to be able to allow that at the next level?  If we trade down and get him I'll applaud the pick.  The only question is where do you put him?  Guard or Tackle?

12 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

Me too.  If we don't go QB I'm putting Sewell at the top of my list.  I think Goff could succeed with a dominate Oline.  Also think Sewell, and to a lesser degree Slater, is a much better building block than any WR.

5 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

So I've been watching some Slater recently and he's good.  Super smooth mover, my one concern is he does seem to let players get their hands on his chest, however he's strong enough to anchor when it happens.  Not sure if this is length issue or not.  My only concern is he going to be able to allow that at the next level?  If we trade down and get him I'll applaud the pick.  The only question is where do you put him?  Guard or Tackle?

He could play either. I think he's a better OG than OT.

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think 7 is a bit high for an OG, unless you think you've got Quinton Nelson.  How do you think he compares to say him or Martin coming out?

He's very comparable to Martin. Could be a good LT. If he moves inside, has All Pro potential.

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's very comparable to Martin. Could be a good LT. If he moves inside, has All Pro potential.

Didn't something medical come back for Slater recently? Something about his back?

Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline relays that NFL teams are unconcerned about the reported back issues with Northwestern T Rashawn Slater.
Earlier this spring, Pauline reported that Slater was dealing with a back injury which would need to be checked out. During NFL medical checks this month, the determination among pro teams was that the issue was not so troubling that it would cause him to significantly slide in the draft. Slater is expected to be drafted at some point on Thursday, with Football Morning in America's Peter King forwarding the opinion that the Northwestern standout would be a logical selection for the Cowboys with the No. 10 pick.

https://www.nbcsports.com/edge/college-football/nfl-draft/player/56957/rashawn-slater

All of this could mean nothing but the problem that I am having with Slater... he doesn't have the desired length to play OT but he doesn't have the power to play in at OG. It seems like he should be able to overcome the length issue but it does raise at least somewhat of a red flag. 

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

All of this could mean nothing but the problem that I am having with Slater... he doesn't have the desired length to play OT but he doesn't have the power to play in at OG. It seems like he should be able to overcome the length issue but it does raise at least somewhat of a red flag. 

Really over half an inch????? 

Name: Rashawn Slater

Position: Offensive line

School: Northwestern

Ht/Wt: 6-4/304

40 time: 4.88 seconds

Bench press: 33 reps

Vertical leap: 33 inches

3-cone: 7.48 seconds

Arm length: 33 inches

• Like 1