And with the 7th pick in 2021 NFL draft...

Louis Friend

6 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If it goes Lawrence, Wilson, Lance go 1,2,3 then Fields becomes that much more valuable, as word is most teams don't value Jones nearly as high.  If teams were ok with two options at QB and now they only have one and there's much more competition teams could get desperate.

That could mean our pick is that much more valuable or it could me teams that are willing to pay the price to move up to 4 meaning an elite talent slips to us at 7.

It could also mean that free pick no one wants in Jones is still there and one of our options (Lance/Fields) is gone at 7 and i could me less teams are interested in trading up.

And then if Pitts/Chase go 4 & 5, what prevents Miami from trading down and giving a team the only worthwhile QB left at #6?

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

And then if Pitts/Chase go 4 & 5, what prevents Miami from trading down and giving a team the only worthwhile QB left at #6?

If they do that then we land Sewell.  Also who would Miami be trading with?  They gave up a first to move up.  If they traded with New England they be 3 spots back from where they were.  And if they got a 1 next year it would pretty much be replacing the 1st they gave up.

7 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If they do that then we land Sewell.  Also who would Miami be trading with?  They gave up a first to move up.  If they traded with New England they be 3 spots back from where they were.  And if they got a 1 next year it would pretty much be replacing the 1st they gave up.

Miami moved back up, reportedly, because people thought Atlanta was going QB and Miami would get one of Chase or Pitts before Detroit. Now, ATL is locked in on Pitts and if Cincy does take Chase, Miami missed out of both. They can recoup some of their picks and not reach for Waddle or Smith. 

4 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Slater is a T, watch his feet. He doesn't have the strength inside to be a guard. He's going to make a team very happy. 

Okay, final predictions...

Lions stay at 7 and select?

Lions trade down with _____________ and select?

Stay: Fields

Trade down: Waddle; trade down with Patriots

I think the Patriots wanna trade up for Fields, but if they don't give the Lions what they want, the Lions might just take Fields for themselves.

I think the Lions want multiple 1st round picks, which is justified for a potential franchise QB.

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Miami moved back up, reportedly, because people thought Atlanta was going QB and Miami would get one of Chase or Pitts before Detroit. Now, ATL is locked in on Pitts and if Cincy does take Chase, Miami missed out of both. They can recoup some of their picks and not reach for Waddle or Smith. 

I don't think they make that trade unless they are good with 3 players.  They might even grade Waddle that high...I mean I can hope they do.

• Like 1