Trading Down

onejayhawk

42 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think you’re misunderstanding. Chicago would give up #20, Khalil Mack, and maybe more for the #10 pick.

And, to claim that a DE who can’t rush the passer is a better player than a DE who does it moderately well, is laughable.

😆 Khalil Mack and something for #10. That's a good one.

No one said Kwity Paye cannot rush the passer. Where do you get that? He can rush the passer and also set the edge in the run game, which is just as important. As a DE in a 4-3, Ojulari would be a liability on run downs. 

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I think you’re misunderstanding. Chicago would give up #20, Khalil Mack, and maybe more for the #10 pick.

And, to claim that a DE who can’t rush the passer is a better player than a DE who does it moderately well, is laughable.

I don't think we could get Mack alone for #10th pick let alone getting Mack and #20 for #10.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

😆 Khalil Mack and something for #10. That's a good one.

No one said Kwity Paye cannot rush the passer. Where do you get that? He can rush the passer and also set the edge in the run game, which is just as important. As a DE in a 4-3, Ojulari would be a liability on run downs. 

I’m a Michigan man and watched every game Paye played in. He can’t rush the passer.

3 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I don't think we could get Mack alone for #10th pick let alone getting Mack and #20 for #10.

I look at it this way: Mack is 30, and Chicago is calling us, so there’s a premium for the selection coupled with a discount for Mack’s age and contract. I don’t care if people agree. If someone is trying to buy my pick, they pay a premium.

29 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I look at it this way: Mack is 30, and Chicago is calling us, so there’s a premium for the selection coupled with a discount for Mack’s age and contract. I don’t care if people agree. If someone is trying to buy my pick, they pay a premium.

Of course there is a premium if a team is calling you.

But to think #10 is worth Mack and #20 is ludacris.

Not sure many people would agree with you on that, whether you care or not.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

We already said no premiums, so where do you get off demanding one? Besides, who said Chicago called?

Mack for 2 years is worth the #10 pick. If you want to offer that as your solution, fine. No bonuses.

39 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

We already said no premiums, so where do you get off demanding one? Besides, who said Chicago called?

Mack for 2 years is worth the #10 pick. If you want to offer that as your solution, fine. No bonuses.

I “get off” demanding whatever I wish because it’s a trade scenario. And, no team is stupid enough to call other teams seeking a trade down because you lose negotiating leverage the moment you pick up the phone and dial out. I’ve been negotiating contracts for 20 years. I’d like to think I understand how the process works by now.

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I “get off” demanding whatever I wish because it’s a trade scenario. And, no team is stupid enough to call other teams seeking a trade down because you lose negotiating leverage the moment you pick up the phone and dial out. I’ve been negotiating contracts for 20 years. I’d like to think I understand how the process works by now.

If you insist on cheating, I can't stop you. Just understand that you are cheating.

J

59 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Asking for and getting are 2 different things. 

You're not getting Mack and #20 for #10

8 hours ago, CAPJ said:

Asking for and getting are 2 different things. 

You're not getting Mack and #20 for #10

And that’s fine. I have just as much right to ask for anything as the other team has the right to accept or reject the request. Simply put: if you never ask, then the answer is always “no”.