Trading Down

onejayhawk

Are you guys still settled on Surtain if available? 

If Pitts, Surtain and Sewell are all taken, what then? If you would trade back, how far? Note that at least two of the top three WR and at least two of the top three OT will still be on the board. 

J

42 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

If Pitts, Surtain and Sewell are all taken, what then? If you would trade back, how far? Note that at least two of the top three WR and at least two of the top three OT will still be on the board. 

J

I'm order. 

1. Pitts

2. Sewell

3. No other options. We cannot allow the eagles or giants to get either of them. 

10 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

J

In this Order

1. Slater

2. Waddle

3. Horn

4. Trade #10 to Jets for #23, Quinnen Williams and their 3rd

12 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Apparently,  we have been talking with NE about trading down to 15 + a cb,  but apparently we are most interested in J.C. Jackson.  

That’s not enough if they’re coming up for their QB. I want 15, their 2nd and a defensive starter for starters 

Edited by CT Cowboy Fan

55 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

At 10? That seems a bit high for him. Great player, though. He was one of my higher rated guys in our polls.

Not necessarily at #10. Mosher and Owning did talk about him as their favorite it Sewell/Slater/Pitts/Horn/Surtain are all gone. And several other analysts have brought up his name after, basically radio silence on him previously. 

This seems to happen when they get some sort of off-the-record tip. I don't expect them to draft him at #10, but it does make me wonder if we haven't talked about him enough as a trade-back target

11 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The internet obviously isn't. No one wants the boring guy who's been mocked to us for 3 months.

I'm in the camp who'll be let down absent him or Horn in the first. I think filling our boundary CB hole first more or less opens us up to go BPA the rest of the way. But there's ample smoke that we're interested in moving down from 10 and/or up from 44, so, *shrug* we'll see

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Apparently,  we have been talking with NE about trading down to 15 + a cb,  but apparently we are most interested in J.C. Jackson.  

That would value Jackson as a 2nd round.

Patriots gave Jackson a 2nd round tender, and he got almost no interest on the market.

I'll take #15, #46, and Jackson, though. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That would value Jackson as a 2nd round.

Patriots gave Jackson a 2nd round tender, and he got almost no interest on the market.

I'll take #15, #46, and Jackson, though. 

Yes what you said was the estimate.     I was just saying we apparently had discussions about Jackson, instead of Gilmore.  

• Like 1

It appears the answer is two places. As suspected, Surtain was not available. Less expected was Horn also being gone.

The 'Boys got a ton of extra value from the Eagles to trade back. Book value is #10 for #12 + #100. The Eagles paid #84. The difference between the two is about a high 4th round pick. If you use the newer Rich Hill chart, it works out the same. The Cowboys got full value plus the equivalent of #112.

I can't argue with the pick. They wanted defense, couldn't have one of the elite CB, so they took the guy in the middle of everything. Parsons is a vary anti-Jerry sort of pick--boring, reliable, long term.

J