Another PFF Mock Sim...with trades

vegas492

Trade #29 for #33 and #45.  (B+)

33.  Teven Jenkins, OT.  (C+)

45.  Elijah Moore, WR.  (A)

62.  Jabril Cox, ILB.  (A-)

95.  Tay Gowan, CB.  (A-)

Trade #92 for #95 and #137.  (B)

Trade #135 and #214 for #120 (C)  The run on DL had started.

120.  Milton Williams, DL. (C+) He was the last DL left that was athletic.

137.  Cade Johnson, WR.  (A-)

142.  Jamar Johnson, S. (C+)

173.  Jamin Davis, LB.  (A-)  I really couldn't pass on him at this point, despite taking Cox earlier.

178.  Trill Williams, CB. (A-)

220.  Kendrick Green, G/C. (C+)

256.  Patrick Jones II, EDGE.  (A-)

Overall, I scored an A-.  Average GB draft on this thing is a B.

I did take Jenkins at 33 over ASj.  And I couldn't pass on this Moore at that next pick.

• Like 2

I'd have thought Pittsburg's Patrick Jones II was more like a 4th rounder, since he has great measurables 6'4.5", 265, with 17.5 sacks over the last two seasons. He isn't comparable to (for example) Florida State's Janarius Robinson who has even better measurables but no production. He (Robinson) might be a later round flier, even though TDN ranks him at #83 compared to Jones at #127. Teven Jenkins might be my favourite pickup with the first pick possibly barring DE Levi Onwuzurike.

Lots of names I recognise here (meaning I like them for one reason or another). I see you have Gowan selected (just as I did in my mock) but at a more realistic point in the draft than mine. I'm guessing he goes in the 4th, but #93 is in the ball park. Cade Johnson and Kendrick Green are the names I didn't know, I'll have to check them out.

Overall, I'd be celebrating if this was how the draft fell out.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

They gave you a B+ on one of the most lopsided trades I've ever seen? Lol

To move to 33 you might get their 4th. Pick 45 would never, ever happen. Probably not even if we threw in 62.

The draft is good, but kind of unrealistic because that trade would never occur, I like it even if you take out Moore though.

• Like 2

I was playing by the rules of the PFF simulator.

And...I'm kindda done doing these.  I just seem to lock in on the same guys now.  

Totally unrealistic, I know.  But still.  Fun.

After watching Cade Johnson toast guys 1:1 at the Senior Bowl, I'm a big fan.  He was one of only a few WR's that really liked an elite athlete and "plus" route runner.

And I couldn't resist Moore despite him not really fitting our WR profile.  There was just too much value with him at that spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Trade #29 for #33 and #45.  (B+)

33.  Teven Jenkins, OT.  (C+)

45.  Elijah Moore, WR.  (A)

62.  Jabril Cox, ILB.  (A-)

95.  Tay Gowan, CB.  (A-)

Trade #92 for #95 and #137.  (B)

Trade #135 and #214 for #120 (C)  The run on DL had started.

120.  Milton Williams, DL. (C+) He was the last DL left that was athletic.

137.  Cade Johnson, WR.  (A-)

142.  Jamar Johnson, S. (C+)

173.  Jamin Davis, LB.  (A-)  I really couldn't pass on him at this point, despite taking Cox earlier.

178.  Trill Williams, CB. (A-)

220.  Kendrick Green, G/C. (C+)

256.  Patrick Jones II, EDGE.  (A-)

Overall, I scored an A-.  Average GB draft on this thing is a B.

I did take Jenkins at 33 over ASj.  And I couldn't pass on this Moore at that next pick.

I've never done a MD @ PFF - what (?) they assign grades to transactions and selections?

3 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

29 for 33 and 45 would never happen. Based on the King and Love draft night trades, 4 spots in the back half of the first is worth a 4th.

K.  So I believe that Mac Jones was there.  So when I worked the trade, I asked for much more than what I thought I could get, based on the value of a QB on a first round contract.  

I agree that it shouldn't happen that way, but in a case where a QB is sitting there, yah never know.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've never done a MD @ PFF - what (?) they assign grades to transactions and selections?

Yes.  I'm unsure of how they are scored, but.....GB has a list of "needs".  I think you get dinged if you trade out and there is a player sitting there that fits your need.  But I'm not sure about that.

Regarding their grades.....PFF tells me that most Packer Sims get a "B" overall.  I've gotten a few A-s recently.  All via a trade down and all by taking Moore with the trade down pick if he's there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  I'm unsure of how they are scored, but.....GB has a list of "needs".  I think you get dinged if you trade out and there is a player sitting there that fits your need.  But I'm not sure about that.

Regarding their grades.....PFF tells me that most Packer Sims get a "B" overall.  I've gotten a few A-s recently.  All via a trade down and all by taking Moore with the trade down pick if he's there.

Double dip on the three needs listed for your team and you score higher.  Can't see Jamin Davis making out of day two.

Edited by Dubz41

On 4/21/2021 at 4:02 PM, vegas492 said:

And...I'm kindda done doing these.  I just seem to lock in on the same guys now.  

I ran one of the draft machines and made a rule that I couldn't take a OT in the first two rounds just to see how the board can fall.  I end up taking Jenkins or Cosmi nearly every time.  A lot of the time Radunz is still there at 62 also.  But I do get that feeling.  I really like Nico Collins, Jonathan Adams, Bobby Brown, Gainwell, and a few others that I start targeting after the 3rd round.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I ran one of the draft machines and made a rule that I couldn't take a OT in the first two rounds just to see how the board can fall.  I end up taking Jenkins or Cosmi nearly every time.  A lot of the time Radunz is still there at 62 also.  But I do get that feeling.  I really like Nico Collins, Jonathan Adams, Bobby Brown, Gainwell, and a few others that I start targeting after the 3rd round.

If I do not go OT in round one, I lock in on Christensen in round 3.  It's not that I don't like other guys, he's just a guy that I've read and watched enough of to feel comfortable about.

These mocks are fun, no doubt, but for me, it has led to prospect fatigue.  I'm ready for the draft to happen already!