2021 WFT Forum Draft Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Thaiphoon

15 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm okay with S or SAF there as it is denoting Safety. Now, if they put him down as CB, that's a different position. But putting down a guy as G or OT when the site says the opposite, or putting EDGE when it says LB, then I'm going to say no points. It does delineate between LB and EDGE though. The site doesn't have an "S" designation for Safety, they just say "SAF"

That site is just too hip - they must mean "Safety as F***".  (to beat a dead horse) Deablo gives you that option of S or the JOK tight end covering linebacker.  Kidding - had to do the dad joke.  

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't think you want that headache after 2018 (when I was in my first week of sleep deprivation torture courtesy of my son - thanks again for doing it!)

Notice I didn't say when the scores would be released, just that I would have offered to do it.

2021 NFL Mock Draft

PICK LOGO TEAM Name POS SCHOOL
1 full Jacksonville Jaguars TREVOR LAWRENCE QB CLEMSON
2 full New York Jets ZACH WILSON QB BYU
3 full San Francisco 49ers MAC JONES QB ALABAMA
4 full Atlanta Falcons KYLE PITTS TE FLORIDA
5 full Cincinnati Bengals JA'MARR CHASE WR LSU
6 full Denver Broncos (T-MIA) JUSTIN FIELDS QB OHIO STATE
7 full New England Patriots (T-DET) TREY LANCE QB NORTH DAKOTA STATE
8 full Los Angeles Chargers (T-LAC) PENEI SEWELL OT OREGON
9 full Miami Dolphins DEVONTA SMITH WR ALABAMA
10 full Dallas Cowboys PATRICK SURTAIN II CB ALABAMA
11 full New York Giants RASHAWN SLATER OT NORTHWESTERN
12 full Minnesota Vikings(T-PHI) CHRISTIAN DARRISAW OT VIRGINIA TECH
13 full Carolina Panthers JAYLEN WADDLE WR ALABAMA
14 full Philadelphia Eagles (T-MIN) JAYCEE HORN CB SOUTH CAROLINA
15 full New Orleans Saints (T-DET) CALEB FARLEY CB VIRGINIA TECH
16 full Arizona Cardinals MICAH PARSONS LB PENN STATE
17 full Las Vegas Raiders JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH LB NOTRE DAME
18 full Miami Dolphins AZEEZ OJULARI EDGE GEORGIA
19 full Washington Football Team ALIJAH VERA-TUCKER G USC
20 full Chicago Bears LIAM EICHENBERG OT NOTRE DAME
21 full Indianapolis Colts JAELAN PHILLIPS EDGE MIAMI (FL)
22 full Tennessee titans KWITY PAYE EDGE MICHIGAN
23 full New York Jets GREG NEWSOME II CB NORTHWESTERN
24 full Pittsburgh Steelers LANDON DICKERSON C ALABAMA
25 full Jacksonville Jaguars TRAVIS ETIENNE RB CLEMSON
26 full Cleveland Browns ZAVEN COLLINS LB TULSA
27 full Baltimore Ravens RASHOD BATEMAN WR MINNESOTA
28 full Detroit Lions KADARIUS TONEY WR FLORIDA
29 full Green Bay Packers JAMIN DAVIS LB KENTUCKY
30 full Buffalo Bills JAYSON OWEH EDGE PENN STATE
31 full Baltimore Ravens TREVON MOEHRIG S TCU
32 full Tampa Bay Buccaneers CHRISTIAN BARMORE DT ALABAMA

@Ghostnote Interesting change to your name there buddy.

I don’t think Washington will be taking a guard in the 1st round anymore considering they just traded for Ereck Flowers and for the moment at least still have Brandon Scherff at RG.

Our OL is back to looking like the 2019 OL w/ better depth.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

@Ghostnote Interesting change to your name there buddy.

I don’t think Washington will be taking a guard in the 1st round anymore considering they just traded for Ereck Flowers and for the moment at least still have Brandon Scherff at RG.

Our OL is back to looking like the 2019 OL w/ better depth.

Alijah Vera-Tucker also played and Looked batter at OT in 2020 than he did at G in 2019 for USC. And, NFL.com has him listed as a G. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So @Thaiphoon for example, what's your judgment call on something like this:

17. Las Vegas Raiders - Alijah Vera-Tucker, G 

Raiders draft him but call him/list him as an OT. I'm good with either decision, I'm just curious what said decision is. 

Don't care what the Raiders call him. I only care what the NFL site calls him. Too much work for me to chase down and make judgement calls (and end up ticking people off) on players based upon what one team might call him, or someone's opinion of where he could play.

So if you have the Raiders taking him, just put G down and you're good. 

Here's the ironic kicker. You WOULD get credit if you listed him as OT and the Raiders picked a guy listed as OT. I mean, you would only get credit for Team and Position, but not actual player. So the sword cuts both ways. It's just much easier to do the scoring if I only have to reference one place for positions rather than 1,000 blog posts or what is said on the broadcasts tonight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Don't care what the Raiders call him. I only care what the NFL site calls him. Too much work for me to chase down and make judgement calls (and end up ticking people off) on players based upon what one team might call him, or someone's opinion of where he could play.

So if you have the Raiders taking him, just put G down and you're good. 

Here's the ironic kicker. You WOULD get credit if you listed him as OT and the Raiders picked a guy listed as OT. I mean, you would only get credit for Team and Position, but not actual player. So the sword cuts both ways. It's just much easier to do the scoring if I only have to reference one place for positions rather than 1,000 blog posts or what is said on the broadcasts tonight.

Just my personal opinion. I think you’re the one actually creating more work for yourself by being so rigid with the rules that we have to use the NFL.com website for the players position.

In my view if you weren’t so rigid about that you’d just look at the pick & the player and ignore the position. That would be much easier to grade.

It’s your thing though, so you do as you like. 😉

Guys - please check the NFL.com site to see if your positions are correct. Some of you still don't have the correct positions ( for example -> @ripsean21 you have guys you put as OL and that is not a position listed )

GO HERE AND CHECK

This is my final warning fellas. Don't get mad if you miss out on points. 

Also - this whole thread will automatically lock at 8pm tonight. So make your last-minute changes before then.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Just my personal opinion. I think you’re the one actually creating more work for yourself by being so rigid with the rules that we have to use the NFL.com website for the players position.

In my view if you weren’t so rigid about that you’d just look at the pick & the player and ignore the position. That would be much easier to grade.

It’s your thing though, so you do as you like. 😉

Nope. Because then I have to make judgement calls and people get salty about "Hey, I think he's better at OT than a G why didn't I get points?" or "He played DE in college but he's gonna play EDGE in the pros if he goes to a 3-4 team, so I should get credit for DE or EDGE". Which leads to people getting ticked off at me and accusations of favoritism (*)

Nope. I remove judgement calls as much as possible by only having you guys use the official site of the league and their designation. This saves me headache, saves me time, and saves people getting mad that I didn't give them points but gave someone else points, etc...

(*) I did something similar one year elsewhere and this is the EXACT thing that happened. I learned my lesson from it.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@Thaiphoon you should remove "team" from your formula.  99% of people will get all of those points and it basically penalizes anyone who takes a stab at a trade (because predicting trades is basically impossible). 

I like where you are going. But too close to the draft to change for this year.

Next year I'll add in something extra for correctly predicting a trade to reward those who get the trades correct. I'm open to suggestions on that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Nope. Because then I have to make judgement calls and people get salty about "Hey, I think he's better at OT than a G why didn't I get points?" or "He played DE in college but he's gonna play EDGE in the pros if he goes to a 3-4 team, so I should get credit for DE or EDGE". Which leads to people getting ticked off at me and accusations of favoritism (*)

Nope. I remove judgement calls as much as possible by only having you guys use the official site of the league and their designation. This saves me headache, saves me time, and saves people getting mad that I didn't give them points but gave someone else points, etc...

(*) I did something similar one year elsewhere and this is the EXACT thing that happened. I learned my lesson from it.

What I’m saying is you don’t even grade it based on the position. 

Just the name & the pick.

Like we could list just the team, pick & player. Not even put a position as it would be irrelevant but I understand that’s part of you’re thing. Just saying it’d be easier w/o worrying about the position at all.