Jump to content

2021 WFT Forum Draft Game - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!


Recommended Posts

Thanks guys. I was surprised I hit on the first 8 picks last Thursday night, and then sprinkled a few others in there. In total, I got 11 picks completely right, which is how I edged @MikeT14. So now I'm fully expecting to run last place the next 10 years. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Thanks guys. I was surprised I hit on the first 8 picks last Thursday night, and then sprinkled a few others in there. In total, I got 11 picks completely right, which is how I edged @MikeT14. So now I'm fully expecting to run last place the next 10 years. :)

Good job old man. All my advice paid off. 😂😂 But seriously, I predicted way too many trades and Kyle Shanahan is a liar. Grats Thai, well deserved.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

Good job old man. All my advice paid off. 😂😂 But seriously, I predicted way too many trades and Kyle Shanahan is a liar. Grats Thai, well deserved.

Ha! I tried to tell everyone Kyle was lying! I thought he’d take Justin Fields, but I had a feeling the Mac Jones stuff was smoke. Kyle went with the long term potential/current unknowns over the more established, developed and battle tested Fields who has stuff to work on but not as much as Lance. I get it I guess, Trey Lance is a blank canvas that Kyle can can try to paint into his perfect vision of a QB. Good luck with that Kyle, I think the Bears got the steal of the draft, aka Dak Prescot 2.0 in Justin Fields, it wouldn’t shock me to see Naggy simplify the Bears offense in the beginning of the year - maybe do some some read like the Cowboys did with Dak - for Fields and for Fields to start over Dalton & Foles week 1 and then grow and expand his responsibilities in the passing game as the season goes on.
 

I’m kinda feeling like this might not work out the best for San Fran in the long term. Kinda like stupidly taking Solomon Thomas over Jon Allen in 2017.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Congrats Thai. I think I’ve moved up one spot in each year so as long as the forum gets no bigger I am on pace to win in 2038🤣🤣🤣 Will Ferrell Yes GIF

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ha! I tried to tell everyone Kyle was lying! I thought he’d take Justin Fields, but I had a feeling the Mac Jones stuff was smoke. Kyle went with the long term potential/current unknowns over the more established, developed and battle tested Fields who has stuff to work on but not as much as Fields. 
 

I’m kinda feeling like this might not work out the best for San Fran in the long term. Kinda like stupidly taking Solomon Thomas over Jon Allen in 2017.

I'm still scratching my head over trading that much to take a QB  who only started one year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm still scratching my head over trading that much to take a QB  who only started one year. 

Lance has all the tools so I get it and it’s like a blank canvas for Kyle to develop into his own vision, this isn’t like what Kyle had to deal with in RG3. I don’t think Lance is a better prospect than Fields, no one will ever convince me of that, I could end up being wrong but Lance is too raw for me as you said.

It’s hard on these kids though, if Lance was playing in the ACC, SEC, BIG 12 or even Big 10, PAC 10 or one of the other conferences he would’ve played at least 7 or 8 games of not 10-12. 
 

But hey, that’s not NFL GMs/HC’s faults. They can only work with that’s there for them to go by. This is a major risk for Kyle. I just have to wonder - I guess getting to a Super Bowl given him and Lynch cover - but if Lance busts that would be the 2nd top 5 pick that would’ve busted for them, that’s a big problem.

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I see Trey Lance as the ultimate challenge for Kyle. If he can make him succeed and be a star, then Kyle will go down in history as the QB whisperer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ghostnote said:

I think I see Trey Lance as the ultimate challenge for Kyle. If he can make him succeed and be a star, then Kyle will go down in history as the QB whisperer. 

Yeah right along side as the HC who blew two chances to win the Super Bowl by poor play calling in the 4th quarter! 😂 

Edited by turtle28
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...