Other Games - Week 7

tonyto36

Why are people scared of the Bills? Yeah, they might be a pain in the butt, as the divisional foes can sometimes be, but their offense is awful. Their OL can't run block and Taylor is a mediocre - at best - QB.

I'd love to see them in the playoffs instead of Denver or Oakland

9 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Why are people scared of the Bills? Yeah, they might be a pain in the butt, as the divisional foes can sometimes be, but their offense is awful. Their OL can't run block and Taylor is a mediocre - at best - QB.

Please no mobile QB's in the playoffs

12 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Fake news. You don't know football if you think Taylor is at best a mediocre QB. The Bills are 4-2, he has 2 turnovers on the entire year (1 was a tipped pass) and he just won us that game yesterday. 270 passing yards, no turnovers, 1 TD, 60 rushing yards with his receiving core being Deonta Thompson, Nick O'Leary, Zay Jones and Jordan Mathews. Granted he's not a franchise QB but he is a QB you can win with. His career record is above .500.

I'm not trying to come in here and flood the Pats forums but the Bills are a better team than Denver. Denver actually has zero offense. The Bills have Tyrod and Shady and it goes thru them. The Bills don't turn the ball over on offense, and on defense they don't allow teams to score TDs and they force a ton of takeovers.

It's obviously still the Pats division but good luck the rest of the way and I hope when we play each other in 6 weeks, it's still a ball game for the division.

I will say there is a different feeling around this 4-2 Bills team than previous years, mostly because of the culture Sean McDermott has brought.. Take it for what it's worth but should be a fun season throughout.

40 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

You don't know football if you think Taylor is at best a mediocre QB. The Bills are 4-2, he has 2 turnovers on the entire year (1 was a tipped pass) and he just won us that game yesterday. 270 passing yards, no turnovers, 1 TD, 60 rushing yards with his receiving core being Deonta Thompson, Nick O'Leary, Zay Jones and Jordan Mathews. Granted he's not a franchise QB but he is a QB you can win with. His career record is above .500.

This all screams mediocre to me. Maybe you are focusing on the negative connotation of the word, but mediocre is still technically good. Tyrod is 29th overall in passing yards, 21st in completion percentage, and 25th in passing TDs. He has kept turnovers low and his rushing ability helps but also isn't world beating thus far (Carson Wentz has comparable rushing numbers for instance). He is a mediocre QB that can help a team win games, absolutely, but not much more than that. His career record as a starter is 18-16.. so one game over .500, sounds pretty mediocre. Mark Sanchez is also 1 game over .500 as a starter.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

This all screams mediocre to me. Maybe you are focusing on the negative connotation of the word, but mediocre is still technically good. Tyrod is 29th overall in passing yards, 21st in completion percentage, and 25th in passing TDs. He has kept turnovers low and his rushing ability helps but also isn't world beating thus far (Carson Wentz has comparable rushing numbers for instance). He is a mediocre QB that can help a team win games, absolutely, but not much more than that. His career record as a starter is 18-16.. so one game over .500, sounds pretty mediocre. Mark Sanchez is also 1 game over .500 as a starter.

Or maybe you're focusing on putting Tyrod in a box and saying you have to have X amount of yards and X amount of touchdowns to be better than a mediocre QB. The stuff he does with his legs and extending plays no other QB would get out of helps and doesn't show up in the stat box. I never said he's an above average passer, he is a mediocre passer. But his legs and presence in the pocket makes him an above average starter; or at least better than a mediocre starter.

See you guys in week 13 O.o

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Or maybe you're focusing on putting Tyrod in a box and saying you have to have X amount of yards and X amount of touchdowns to be better than a mediocre QB. The stuff he does with his legs and extending plays no other QB would get out of helps and doesn't show up in the stat box. I never said he's an above average passer, he is a mediocre passer. But his legs and presence in the pocket makes him an above average starter; or at least better than a mediocre starter.

An above average starter would make him definitely better than about 20 starting QB's in the league. I'd love to see that list of guys (injury replacements like Keenum don't count). 

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Well considering I was providing league rankings, it seems its the rest of the QBs that are putting Tyrod in a box by playing better than him ;)

Like I said, there are more mobile QB's in the league playing MUCH better than Taylor is, so that point is relatively moot. Hell even Brady is a master at extending plays by moving in the pocket, just in a very different way that DEFINITELY doesnt show up in the stats. So to that I say you are not watching enough of Big Ben, Watson, Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, Prescott, Alex Smith, Matt Stafford, Mariota, and Winston. 

2 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

An above average starter would make him definitely better than about 20 starting QB's in the league. I'd love to see that list of guys (injury replacements like Keenum don't count). 

lol you don't look at 32 teams and just say the top 10 are good, the middle 10 are average and the bottom 10 are below average...Come on, you take into account the talent at the position. Just because one position can be stacked, doesn't make the 18th ranked guy mediocre...

Starters he's better than right now imo: Tannehill/Cutler, McCown, Flacco, Kizer, Brissett, Bortles, Siemien, Hoyer, Tribusky, Bradford, Eli and could argue a few more but for the sake of argument.

Then below are 21 QB's, none of them are mediocre IMO.

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Dalton, Mariotta, Watson, Luck, A. Smith, Rivers, Carr, Wentz, Cousins, Prescott, Stafford, Brees, Cam, Matt Ryan, Winston, Goff, Wilson, Palmer.

I don't care enough to keep arguing im just saying I don't think he's a mediocre QB. We're sitting at 4-2, ill take it.

7 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

lol you don't look at 32 teams and just say the top 10 are good, the middle 10 are average and the bottom 10 are below average...Come on, you take into account the talent at the position. Just because one position can be stacked, doesn't make the 18th ranked guy mediocre...

This is extremely flawed logic. The field sets the standard. 

9 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Starters he's better than right now imo: Tannehill/Cutler, McCown, Flacco, Kizer, Brissett, Bortles, Siemien, Hoyer, Tribusky, Bradford, Eli and could argue a few more but for the sake of argument.

Then below are 21 QB's, none of them are mediocre IMO.

Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Dalton, Mariotta, Watson, Luck, A. Smith, Rivers, Carr, Wentz, Cousins, Prescott, Stafford, Brees, Cam, Matt Ryan, Winston, Goff, Wilson, Palmer.

I don't care enough to keep arguing im just saying I don't think he's a mediocre QB. We're sitting at 4-2, ill take it.

Not sure you know what "average" means. He's a mediocre starting QB because the vast majority of teams have a QB who is as good or better and many teams have one who is decidedly better. 

Archived