Orlando Brown Traded to the KC Chiefs

baltimoreRebel

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Interesting that the Ravens are skipping the 2nd round but are more loaded in rounds 3-5. 

Maybe their draft board is shaking out in a way that they have 30 or so very good players, a gap, and then good prospects in the 90-130 range. 

I still think we'll be in the 2nd round with a trade back to be honest. There's not a lot of dip in talent from 25-50. If there's a deal to be made, EDC will likely make it. 

Well that escalated quickly. Some thoughts:

• Trading Brown to the Chiefs seems odd.
  • Value is okay, not spectacular but getting another pick in the first round is big especially considering the talent this season.
  • Right tackle becomes the biggest emphasis of need regardless of Villanueva's potential signing.
  • Trading down with one of the two first round picks seems extremely likely, but so is the team now keeping one of them which is really nice.
  • Happy for Orlando. He gets fulfill his dream and not get stuck in a crappy situation.
  • Like 1

I always thought Orlando was well-suited as a mauler in the Ravens run-heavy offense. Interesting that he's now going to the complete opposite style of offense. 

I am skeptical of him really excelling as LT in a pass heavy offense. He'll be good, but I don't know about great. 

1 minute ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I still think we'll be in the 2nd round with a trade back to be honest. There's not a lot of dip in talent from 25-50. If there's a deal to be made, EDC will likely make it. 

But the Ravens clearly had a choice, they could have demanded to keep their 2nd round pick and not received the 3rd and 4th rounder (or some other combination of picks). 

Giving up the 2nd rounder was intentional. 

They also could package a 3rd/4th/5th rounder to move up in the first round. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngusMcFife said:

But the Ravens clearly had a choice, they could have demanded to keep their 2nd round pick and not received the 3rd and 4th rounder (or some other combination of picks). 

Giving up the 2nd rounder was intentional. 

They also could package a 3rd/4th/5th rounder to move up in the first round. 

I'm sure every angle was ventured. I have no doubt that this was the best deal available for Orlando Brown and I'm happy with it. I think they did really well. 

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm sure every angle was ventured. I have no doubt that this was the best deal available for Orlando Brown and I'm happy with it. I think they did really well. 

They made the best out of an unfortunate situation. Now draft day will be really fun. 

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Happy for Orlando. He gets fulfill his dream and not get stuck in a crappy situation.

F him honestly. Dumb MFer hurt his value with his stupid 'LT only' declaration. He could've simply asked for a trade and then used his new contract as leverage with a different team to force himself over to LT. Instead of immediately taking a handful of Tackle hungry teams out of the running/bidding.

Hope he never wins a ring and his eating spirals out of control. Remember, dude failed his conditioning test with us to start Year 2 and got in Harb's doghouse. He has that lazy streak in him. Let him and Andy Reid be buffet buddy piggy boys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

F him honestly. Dumb MFer hurt his value with his stupid 'LT only' declaration. He could've simply asked for a trade and then used his new contract as leverage with a different team to force himself over to LT. Instead of immediately taking a handful of Tackle hungry teams out of the running/bidding.

Hope he never wins a ring and his eating spirals out of control. Remember, dude failed his conditioning test with us to start Year 2 and got in Harb's doghouse. He has that lazy streak in him. Let him and Andy Reid be buffet buddy piggy boys.

I can't lie my guy. This sounds super bitter If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 1

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

I can't lie my guy. This sounds super bitter If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

About the trade? You can look in the Orlando thread, I attacked him well before this. I definitely haven't liked how this situation started and now I'm not too high on how it ended. 

Bottom line, he's now a Chief and an Op. I only pull for Ravens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

About the trade? You can look in the Orlando thread, I attacked him well before this. I definitely haven't liked how this situation started and now I'm not too high on how it ended. 

Bottom line, he's now a Chief and an Op. I only pull for Ravens.

The Buffet and Piggy boys dig.. Lol

33 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

We gave up a Pro Bowler and a 2nd round pick for a late 1st rounder. Get real. Better to just let him walk for the comp pick than this. 

It's a good thing we don't have to go through KC to win a championship! Oh wait... 

Your head is going to explode if the Ravens draft a WR at 31 now and you have to reconcile “ravens are actively sabotaging lamar by not giving him receivers” vs “ravens are actively sabotaging lamar by breaking apart his o-line” 🤣