Orlando Brown Traded to the KC Chiefs

baltimoreRebel

24 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

fallacy-in-logic-straw-man.jpg

I don't think anybody on here has said anything close to calling Brown terrible. Unless not being as good as Stanley is terrible. Which it isn't, because Stanley is pretty great. 

Will see how next year goes buddy, I call it BS, they draft a player in the 3rd round that is a two time Pro bowler in three seasons and do not pay him crap, then when he wants to get paid they trade him away.  Will see how it all works out for yall.

Disagree on the Stanley is pretty great comment, he could be great but so far in his career he has been very good but often injured and has only really been elite one season out of five.  I was one that congratulated the Ravens fans for drafted Orlando Brown Jr despite the poor workout, I defended him then after that poor workout at the combine, defended him after being drafted and yeah defending him now after basically being traded away because they did not want to pay him.  Where you around three years ago saying he would be a legit pro after that combine workout?  No you were not, pretty sure of that one.  

But good luck with this move, will see how it plays out.  

To Mr “Ozzy”

Stanley from 18-19... 2,022 offensive snaps. 1,047 total passing snaps between two season. 
2 total sacks yielded 

Stanley is worth every penny & we were unable to afford both players. 

Did fans want more, of course. At worst, we would’ve received a 3rd in 2023 for compensation. EDC opted that pick 43 value was enough for him to open up RT as a hole. Which if a tackle makes it to either 27 or 31, I’d bet one would be a selection. Not proven being a rookie, but we get 4-5 years of a rookie verse only one more season of Orlando. 

It is all about future bud! Many teams don’t plan ahead like the Ravens front office does

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Did anyone really do the bolded? I don't really remember any posts(anywhere) in the mold of "Can you believe the value we got for Orlando!!!???"...😐

I think there were at least 1 or 2 posts here that while not quite that excited, were certainly more positive of the return than the average fan.  That said, I think the most positive reaction to that trade that I've seen has been from PFF - where at least one of there staff has absolutely roasted the Chiefs for making the trade

6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Also, where are these propaganda like reactions to every move EDC makes you keep mentioning taking place? 

Where else? Twitter (where the post popular/prolific tend to be massive homers) and Reddit (who make all kinds of crappy memes).

All that said, I appreciate that most people here aren't homers and are willing to debate their points

Updated deal:
Orlando Brown Jr (Chiefs)
Nick Bolton (Chiefs)

Marco Wilson (Cardinals)
Victor Dimukeje (Cardinals)

2022 6th round (Chiefs)

FOR 

Odafe Oweh
Ben Cleveland (the Mountain)
Shaun Wade
2022 4th Round
2022 5th Round

This certainly isn’t looking good at all for EDC. Will Cleveland even be a starting IOL considering our recent history of IOL mid round picks? Will Oweh even be a superior defensive player for us as Nick Bolton will be for the Chiefs? Both Shaun Wade and Marco Wilson have some boom/bust qualities to them, though Wade does seemingly present far more upside and also a higher floor to boot.

Granted we’re not having to pay Brown Jr, so the cap benefits certainly aren’t being factored in above, so there’s that. It certainly doesn’t look like we’ll “win” this deal. It seems the most we can truly hope for would be to create a win/win- or simply break even. Only chance of winning this would be if Brown Jr is a legit trade bust OR our selections legitimately boom to their potential.

Can’t say I’m optimistic of that. But we’ll see. Certainly hope we can even things out. Would love for The Mountain to live up to his nickname. For Odafe to live up to 00sackem (and not have the 00 represent his number of sacks on the season). For Shaun Wade to bring the Heat like Dwayne. But we’ll see how this deal looks in a few years.

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Updated deal:
Orlando Brown Jr (Chiefs)
Nick Bolton (Chiefs)

Marco Wilson (Cardinals)
Victor Dimukeje (Cardinals)

2022 6th round (Chiefs)

FOR 

Odafe Oweh
Ben Cleveland (the Mountain)
Shaun Wade
2022 4th Round
2022 5th Round

This certainly isn’t looking good at all for EDC. Will Cleveland even be a starting IOL considering our recent history of IOL mid round picks? Will Oweh even be a superior defensive player for us as Nick Bolton will be for the Chiefs? Both Shaun Wade and Marco Wilson have some boom/bust qualities to them, though Wade does seemingly present far more upside and also a higher floor to boot.

Granted we’re not having to pay Brown Jr, so the cap benefits certainly aren’t being factored in above, so there’s that. It certainly doesn’t look like we’ll “win” this deal. It seems the most we can truly hope for would be to create a win/win- or simply break even. Only chance of winning this would be if Brown Jr is a legit trade bust OR our selections legitimately boom to their potential.

Can’t say I’m optimistic of that. But we’ll see. Certainly hope we can even things out. Would love for The Mountain to live up to his nickname. For Odafe to live up to 00sackem (and not have the 00 represent his number of sacks on the season). For Shaun Wade to bring the Heat like Dwayne. But we’ll see how this deal looks in a few years.

It's been 48 hours and you're already painting a grim picture of the deal. 

Stop. Lol

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1