• Jaylen Waddle 
    • Micah Parsons 
    • Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 
    • Jaycee Horn 
    • Patrick Surtain II 
    • Caleb Farley 
    • Kwitty Paye 
    • Jean Phillips 

I'm curious...What if these are the players remaining on the board when the Broncos pick is on the clock...(No trade down available, QB, Slater, Sewell, Pitts, available etc.)-  How would you rank them 1-10 on the Broncos board? 

Devonta Smith

Ja'marr Chase 

Jaylen Waddle 

Jean Phillips 

Micah Parsons 

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah 

Jaycee Horn 

Patrick Surtain II 

Caleb Farley 

Kwitty Paye 

Edited by marktheshark

I don't know any of the players well enough to rank them outside of just a couple. Parsons would be my favorite at this point. 

One glaring team weakness we've not addressed is our inability to stop the run. We got gouged for 4.8 YPC last year. Until that's patched up, well..............

• Like 1

Oh and this scenario is terrible. Obviously you’d ideally trade down. If not, I guess I’d go with Parsons, Surtain or Horn. I’d rather not spend a top 10 pick on a corner who wouldn’t play Day 1 and I prefer the value of trading down for a LB who is capable in coverage and doesn’t have a million character red flags, but these options make the most sense to me. 

16 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Oh and this scenario is terrible. Obviously you’d ideally trade down. If not, I guess I’d go with Parsons, Surtain or Horn. I’d rather not spend a top 10 pick on a corner who wouldn’t play Day 1 and I prefer the value of trading down for a LB who is capable in coverage and doesn’t have a million character red flags, but these options make the most sense to me. 

This above all else.   

Hopefully Paton trades back either to get 2022 1st round picks and look to address QB later on (Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson if he's cleared league-wise to play again, but only then)...or you have ammo to move up in 2022, would be the ideal.      Less ideal is accumulating more 2021 capital - simply because 2021 draft pool has so much variance in it because of the limited film/off-season evaluation.   

But a trade back pretty much allows the BPA to match any significant need we have, and accumulate more added value.   Going there at 1.9 with BPA mines the deepest positions depth-wise...which is why a trade back is desirable.    There's not one guy at 1.9 IMO that's a hands-down, impact guy that you shouldn't pass up, assuming the top 4 QB & Sewell are gone.    Parsons would be the closest - but it's complicated by the fact that at 2.40, or late 1st (if we move back) - you get some really awesome ILB guys likely available too.   

If it's a choice between choosing 1.9 or picking in the 20's and getting a 2022 1st, sign me up for a trade back.   ESPECIALLY if it's a team like Chicago that makes that deal - they could legitimately drop back and give a top 10 or even a top 5 pick (they're that desperate to address QB long-term).     If we don't have a QB that makes sense at 1.9, a deal like 1.9, 4.115  for Chicago's 1.20, 3.84 and their 2022 1st, I'd be all over, if top 4 QB/Sewell aren't around.

Edited by Broncofan

6 hours ago, marktheshark said:

Pick had been made.... and not a single vote for Patrick Surtain II.  wow. 

Wish you had and option two on the poll I thought they'd go Parsons because of how freakish talent he is.

Surtain would of been two not only is he extremely talented his IQ is off the charts football wise.