Johnny Nix

Round 1:  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Bengals select

• Ja’Marr Chase
    • Penei Sewell
    • Kyle Pitts
    • Trade down

I did the mock contest with Sewell in the first, mostly because everyone knows it's Chase at this point (barring Miami trading over us).

If we could have more than one mock in it, my Chase one would be:

1.  Chase

2.  Eichenberg

3.  Cleveland

4. Amari Rogers

5.  Stills

6. DE

6b.  Patterson

7. Edge

I know we need an EDGE guy much sooner, but there are veteran one year stop gaps out there in free agency (Kerrigan, etc), so I'm pushing that for next year.  I was also tempted to Add Greene (Illinois) over Rogers and just fix the line as much as possible for the future.  

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I am much more relaxed this year than last. I was worried we'd overthink things and draft a qb other than Burrow.  This year, I am pretty confident that any of the realistic options will be great.

The only way we lose is if we stay at 5, and take any player other than Chase, Sewell or Pitts. Even the Bungles can’t mess this up... 😳

1 hour ago, Carson4MVP said:

The only way we lose is if we stay at 5, and take any player other than Chase, Sewell or Pitts. Even the Bungles can’t mess this up... 😳

I'd be ok with any offensive lineman really.  I expect Slater and Darrisaw to be good and have seen them high enough before I wouldn't be too upset. 

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'd be ok with any offensive lineman really.  I expect Slater and Darrisaw to be good and have seen them high enough before I wouldn't be too upset. 

Yeah, they wouldn’t be bad picks. But if you are going to go with one of them, move back a few spots and get some more draft equity. If we stay at 5 and take them, I think that’s a pretty big fail IMO. 

Edited by Carson4MVP

I’m going with Chase at this point.  I’d be perfectly ok with the other two as well.  I feel like everyone is overlooking Waddle though.  Rounds two and three I’d like to see them go OL.  I’d like to see them take  the TOSU tight end too.  Too lazy to look up his name but you know, the really big guy who caught everything.

9 minutes ago, Who-dey said:

I’m going with Chase at this point.  I’d be perfectly ok with the other two as well.  I feel like everyone is overlooking Waddle though.  Rounds two and three I’d like to see them go OL.  I’d like to see them take  the TOSU tight end too.  Too lazy to look up his name but you know, the really big guy who caught everything.

I like Waddle, but all things equal, give me the bigger guy.  Waddle is 5'10" 183, while Chase is 6'0", 200+ and hella strong.

Luke Farrell?  He's more of a blocker and short yard receiver.  Jeremey Ruckert is still at OSU.

Rd 2 has to be OL, even if it's after a trade back if the value isn't there at 38 and we go back into the 48-54 range and pick up a 4th.

Rd 3 can go in many different directions, as long as they take what they see as BPA.  Double dip at OL, DT, Edge, TE, CB, even another WR can be a viable option if they want to move on from a couple guys.