Who you like

AcGbPacker

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

My crush is Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah.  He'd take that Raven Greene role and greatly expand on it.  He's offers the kind of versatility the Packers love. He can play weakside backer, box safety, probably a little star here and there.  The dude can actually cover.  He'd be a great chess piece for the Packers, and would help us improve our run defense and offer another pass rushing option.  You could stick this guy in from day one and greatly improve the defense.  Totally would trade up a bit for this guy .. say maybe pick #21 if he was still there.

110% this. Fingers crossed he drops past the Raiders. If he is there past the Bears there is a host of AFC teams we could trade with. Gutey likes to trade up, we got two 4th rounders. Praying for this!!!

48 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

110% this. Fingers crossed he drops past the Raiders. If he is there past the Bears there is a host of AFC teams we could trade with. Gutey likes to trade up, we got two 4th rounders. Praying for this!!!

My brain still can't figure out how to best use him.  I see Shaq Thompson.  A fine player, but no someone who really moves the needle.

But again, it's just me feeling like he's not the best coverage option for the nickle/star role.  And he's not someone who will flip inside and be a "plus" at that size.

I'd rather trade down and draft Holland for that role.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My brain still can't figure out how to best use him.  I see Shaq Thompson.  A fine player, but no someone who really moves the needle.

But again, it's just me feeling like he's not the best coverage option for the nickle/star role.  And he's not someone who will flip inside and be a "plus" at that size.

The thing that gets me about him, which jumped out to me, is his smarts. He diagnoses plays really quickly which for me is just as if not more important than athletisim. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Defensive backs are the most underrated position group in the NFL.

Our good defensive backs put us in position to win the game against the Buccaneers.  Pettine put our bad ones (King, Redmond) put us in position to lose.

fixed.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

The thing that gets me about him, which jumped out to me, is his smarts. He diagnoses plays really quickly which for me is just as if not more important than athletisim. 

It's kinda funny how both ND LB's are kinda the same player. I see a lot of JOK in Daelyn Hayes though he obviously doesn't make the kind of impact JOK does. However, I'm more than happy to take Hayes in the 3rd or 4th round; he's someone I think we can trust in coverage when he has to drop. We really don't have that player at the moment and it showed last year with Preston constantly having to drop back. Payton Turner may have the athleticism as well as he's drawn comparisons to Preston Smith.

---

Turner's a guy I like in the 3rd if he's there. I'm going to put together a final mock where I'll touch on a few guys per round, but here's who I have by position FWIW:

RB:
Najee Harris: We aren't going to get him probably, but he's basically a smaller version of Derrick Henry IMHO; the only difference is that he is far more nimble coming into the league than Henry was. Harris could be Eddie Lacy at his best before he ate himself out of the league....literally...
Trey Sermon: Another big back with a long resume. He's got a lot of mileage on him like Dillon does, but like Dillon, we wouldn't be expecting him to carry the workload every game. He's a bit of a draft crush of mine given his athletic improvements from season-to-season, but I just can't help but see him go to a team like Baltimore, Indy, or even SF where they're pretty loaded at RB.
Chuba Hubbard: When he's on his game he's unstoppable. I like him Day 3 as he's one of many players that scouts have soured on simply because he opted out of the 2020 season. Still, we're not looking for a starter necessarily and he really doesn't have much mileage on him either. I'd be happy if we double dipped on Okie St. guys with him and Jenkins.

WR:
Terrace Marshall Jr.
: We won't draft him and he'll probably go before we trade up, but Marshall checks all of the boxes; the only issue is his work ethic - something Davante Adams and Allen Lazard would instill in him if he showed up a bit lackidasical.
Josh Imatorbhebhe: Day 3 gem that can be molded into a solid WR3. Tape reminds me a lot of Geronimo Allison.
Tylan Wallace: Dude just seems to find ways at getting open and at just 5-11 194 he's pretty tough as well.

OT:
Teven Jenkins
: He's got some nasty in his game and would be plug-n-play at RT Day 1. You look at his tape and he's become quicker, lighter, stronger, and more agile with every game he plays.
Tommy Doyle: Day 3 project all the way, but the tools are there. He's a massive lump of clay that moves surprisingly well for his size and could possibly be trade bait if we can realize his ceiling.
Spencer Brown: He may be a bit tall for our preferences, but his weaknesses are all coachable. 

IDL:

Christian Barmore: He's ready. That's all you need to know, he's not going to be a 3-down player right off the get-go and he'll have some bumps in the road, but he's a lot like Spencer Brown in that his weaknesses can be corrected as he gathers quality in-game reps.
Levi Onwuzurike: Kinda wish he was available last year as he would've been an upgrade over MAdams and some of the other JAG's we had in Pettine's system. He's got the upper-body strength that Kenny has, but his agility stands out.
Alim McNeill: He's an immediate upgrade over Lancaster in that role and could possibly kick to LDE on passing downs.
Bobby Brown: They say he's the cutest boy in town, his car is fast, his teeth are shiny, he tells all the girls they can kiss his heiny. In all seriousness though he's young(under 21), his technique can improve, and as he is becoming more explosive while shedding weight.

EDGE/LB:
Daelyn Hayes: *see comments earlier
Nick Bolton: He'll get drafted a bit early(probably somewhere between picks 35-50), but what he lacks in play speed he more than makes up in vision, football IQ, and analysis. 
Payton Turner: He's considered to be a DE, but he's got EDGE written all over him. 
Chazz Surratt: Developmental Day 3 guy who could push for serious playing time. Might be that SPUR player we've been seeking for quite sometime.

CB/S:
Jaycee Horn: NFL bloodline, hard-nosed competitor, can man up on bigger receivers(read: toughest guy Jordan Pitts faced). He's more of a man-coverage guy and will be selected before we get a chance to grab him.....but that might push down other more popular candidates like Greg Newsome down the board.
Kelvin Joseph: He's inexperienced and lets his emotions get the best of him sometimes, but the rest of the skills and size are there.
Kary Vincent Jr.: Bit of a one-year wonder, but would be an excellent developmental candidate on Day 3. 
Divine Deablo: 6-3 226 ST's ace and can play the SPUR position. Everyone gets hung-up on Jevon Holland, but Deablo's a bigger player who could be selected a bit later in the draft who will probably be a better pro than a college player.

10 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I think if a team gives him the same roll as Jamal Adams he will be a Rockstar, but got to have the right plan for him.   

UDFA: Michigan Long Snapper (serendipity):

33 Camaron Cheeseman

• Three-year letterman (2017-18-19)
  • Appeared in 39 games in his career
  • Big Ten Distinguished Scholar (2019)
  • Two-time Academic All-Big Ten honoree (2018-2019) Senior (2019)
  • Appeared in and long-snapped in all 13 games to earn his third varsity letter
  • Academic All-Big Ten honoree

11 hours ago, R T said:

I think if a team gives him the same roll as Jamal Adams he will be a Rockstar, but got to have the right plan for him.   

The big question here is what defense will be play in the secondary with Barry as DC.

When I see Holland play, I can see him in the Adams role, as well as a boundary corner role.  

When I watched JOK, I saw a guy who would man up tight ends, or play a zone.  I didn't see someone that I thought could match up with a WR down the field.  And I didn't see someone who I thought would flip inside and be a "plus" as a true ILB.

That's the reason I prefer Holland.  Swiss army knife in the secondary, for coverage, and he would offer run support.  When I look at a guys tackles on his highlights, I want to see if he gets his head/body around the ball carrier.  And he does that.  Like if he's trying to tackle a RB or WR who is running to the sideline, get your head and shoulders on the sideline side and tackle him that way, don't just throw the inside shoulder at the ball carrier and allow them to keep going outside.

10 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

33 Camaron Cheeseman

i have him in my draft contest lol

19 hours ago, Joe said:

WR:
Terrace Marshall Jr.
: We won't draft him and he'll probably go before we trade up, but Marshall checks all of the boxes; the only issue is his work ethic - something Davante Adams and Allen Lazard would instill in him if he showed up a bit lackidasical.
Josh Imatorbhebhe: Day 3 gem that can be molded into a solid WR3. Tape reminds me a lot of Geronimo Allison.
Tylan Wallace: Dude just seems to find ways at getting open and at just 5-11 194 he's pretty tough as well.

One WR who I was interested in, was a favourite of the guys on Bootleg Football. He is tall, very fast, a fine ST gunner, and should be available late in the draft.
This is WR Tomorrion Terry 6'4", 203, Florida. While he managed a respectable 4.45 40 at his pro day, he apparently recorded a 24+mph speed playing on the field, which is as fast as you will ever see. Now at his height he he may take a stride or two to be in full flow, but that kind of speed really stresses defenses. He is currently ranked as going somewhere in round 6. That sounds like a guy well worth a later round flier. Does anyone know of serious negatives with him, because he looks good value.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-comps-florida-state-wr-tamorrion-terry#:~:text=Terry was a big-play,yard dash at 207 pounds.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The big question here is what defense will be play in the secondary with Barry as DC.

When I see Holland play, I can see him in the Adams role, as well as a boundary corner role.  

When I watched JOK, I saw a guy who would man up tight ends, or play a zone.  I didn't see someone that I thought could match up with a WR down the field.  And I didn't see someone who I thought would flip inside and be a "plus" as a true ILB.

That's the reason I prefer Holland.  Swiss army knife in the secondary, for coverage, and he would offer run support.  When I look at a guys tackles on his highlights, I want to see if he gets his head/body around the ball carrier.  And he does that.  Like if he's trying to tackle a RB or WR who is running to the sideline, get your head and shoulders on the sideline side and tackle him that way, don't just throw the inside shoulder at the ball carrier and allow them to keep going outside.

For most of the draft process I ignored JOK because he was listed as a ILB that had sideline to sideline ability, the kind of player that gets some of the Packers fanbase heated up every year, yet there was zero chance of the Packers spending that kind of draft capital for a ILB. After watching him that is not what I see at all, he is not a true ILB and if that is what is ask of him he probably will not excel. He is a true hybrid player, he is Jamal Adams 2.0 with better cover skills, use him that way. There is already a blueprint for a DC, just use it.

27 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

One WR who I was interested in, was a favourite of the guys on Bootleg Football. He is tall, very fast, a fine ST gunner, and should be available late in the draft.
This is WR Tomorrion Terry 6'4", 203, Florida. While he managed a respectable 4.45 40 at his pro day, he apparently recorded a 24+mph speed playing on the field, which is as fast as you will ever see. Now at his height he he may take a stride or two to be in full flow, but that kind of speed really stresses defenses. He is currently ranked as going somewhere in round 6. That sounds like a guy well worth a later round flier. Does anyone know of serious negatives with him, because he looks good value.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-comps-florida-state-wr-tamorrion-terry#:~:text=Terry was a big-play,yard dash at 207 pounds.

I thought about sticking him in my final mock. Gutey was there for his pro day where he measured 6-2 actually. I wouldn't mind him.

I'm going with OT Teven Jenkins, may require a slight trade up.  My record of not being close on these picks is flawless.  Nobody misses like I do.  I like this kid, he's a mauler who will play right away.  If MLF wants to run the ball, this is your guy.  AJ Dillon will run behind this guy for years.  Solid choice, fits a need, plug and play, can go to LT down the road if needed.   Allows the other Jenkins to stay inside.  Not a sexy pick, but a good move that stabilizes the foundation.

12 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

33 Camaron Cheeseman

Undrafted?   Take him in the 3rd.