Jump to content

Colts Forum draft talk thread


Recommended Posts

Draft is in 4 days. Try to keep the majority of the draft talk in here. Obviously separate posts for individual draft picks are acceptable.

Colts picks 

Round 1/Pick 21 - DE Kwity Paye Michigan 

Round 2/Pick 54 - DE Dayo Odayingbo Vanderbilt 

Round 3/ (traded to Philly/Carson Wentz) 

Round 4/Pick 127 - TE Kyle Granson SMU

Round 5/Pick 165 - S Shawn Davis Florida 

Round 6/Pick 206 (traded to NO) 

Round 6/Pick 218 (from NO) - QB Sam Ehlinger Texas 

Round 7/Pick 229 (from NO) - WR Michael Strachan Charleston  

Round 7/Pick 248 - G Will Fries Penn St

 

Top Needs: DE, LT, CB

Also Needed: WR, S, TE, IDL, OL 

I’ve seen DE’s Kwity Paye and Jaelen  Phillips and OT’s Sam Cosmi and Liam Eichenberg mostly drafted to the Colts in Round 1

Depth Chart - loose interpretation, starters in bold

QB - Wentz, Eason, Morton 

HB - Taylor, Mack, Hines, Wilkins, Perkins, Anderson, LeMay

WR 1 - Hilton, (Pascal), Jennings, Nelson 

WR 2 - Pittman, Dulin, Davis

Slot WR - Pascal, Campbell, Harris 

TE - Doyle, Ali-Cox, Togiai, Granson, Thomas, Green, Vollert 

LT - Tevi, Holden, Tucker

LG - Nelson, Reed, O’Donnell 

C - Kelly, Pinter, Jones 

RG - Glowinski, Hunt, Fries 

RT - Smith, Davenport, Eldrenkamp 

 

K - Blankenship

P - Sanchez, Renkhow

LS - Rhodes 

 

DE - Lewis, Muhammed, Odayingbo, Williams 

DT - Buckner, Rochell, Windsor, Cline

NT - Stewart, Stallworth, Brown

DE - Turay, Paye, Banogu

Will LB - Leonard, Speed

Mike LB - Okereke, Franklin, Moore

Sam LB - Adams, Glasgow 

CB 1 - Rhodes, Tell, Chachere, Teamer 

CB 2 - Ya-Sin, Carrie, Sunderland 

NB - Moore, Rodgers 

FS - Blackmon, Odum, Milligan 

SS - Willis, Se. Davis, Sh. Davis,  Campbell 

 

I didn’t bolden Turay because I don’t know which Turay will arrive in July. The one from 2019 (pre injury) or the one who played sparingly in 2020. Ballard said he had another ankle “procedure” this offseason pointing out that the recovery from the last surgery was screwed up by COVID-19 and that this time he’ll be able to participate in normal recovery and rehab. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Outside of left tackle and defensive end, what's the thoughts on next priority? receiver  tight end, corner?

TE depth is not great  in this draft. Tommy Tremble is a perfect fit for what the Colts do but I don’t know if he falls to the fourth round. Maybe 7-8 draftable TEs. 

WR depth is just as good as it was last year so I think it’s likely we draft one.

CB is also pretty good, it’s possibly the staff  sees the need at CB to be bigger then DE because of the way Ballard has talked about not giving up too early on pass rushers (ie Turay, Lewis and Banogu) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

 

CB is also pretty good, it’s possibly the staff  sees the need at CB to be bigger then DE because of the way Ballard has talked about not giving up too early on pass rushers (ie Turay, Lewis and Banogu) 

that's exactly why I don't see an end being selected in the 1st. three 2nd round picks on the roster at that position. it's sink or swim for those guys

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, ColtV said:

Outside of left tackle and defensive end, what's the thoughts on next priority? receiver  tight end, corner?

In my opinion it's WR.

Campbell can't stay healthy. Might not be great anyways.

Hilton is over 30, on a one year deal, and starting to show wear and tear.

Pittman, while I do love him, is still a bit unproven and probably a good #2 as opposed to a true #1. 

And we have a new QB we've invested a fair bit in (risk of trading for, potentially a 1st round pick) that we really need to help succeed. For all those reasons I think WR should get some priority attention.

Second guess is CB. We have some older guys filling out spots there. Ya-Sin is getting close to being giving up on territory I think.

 

 

I understand TE being a priority, but considering we found Alie-Cox out of nowhere and we're flooding the roster with street options, I feel like Ballard thinks he can fill out the #2 and #3 spots with value options later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just for fun. I handled 4 collaborative mock drafts this off-season with a bunch of people. Posted earliest to latest complete. Which one do you like the results of best?

Or if you prefer, which one do you think comes closest to how Ballard will handle this weekend?

 

Draft #1

Traded 1(21) >> 2(2) + 3(11) + Improve (6.20 > 6.2)

2(2) Joseph Ossai - DE - Texas

2(22) Dillon Radunz - OT - North Dakota St

3(11) Quinn Meinerz - OL - Wisconsin-Whitewater

4(22) Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota State

5(21) Derrick Barnes - LB - Purdue

6(2) Tre Brown - CB/KR - Oklahoma

7(20) Chris Evans - RB - Michigan

------------------------------------------

#2

1(21) Kwity Paye - DE - Michigan

2(22) Jalen Mayfield - OT - Michigan

4(22) D'Ante Smith - OL - East Carolina

5(21) Deommodore Lenoir - CB - Oregon

6(22) Cornell Powell - WR - Clemson

7(20) Shane Buechele - QB - SMU

---------------------------------------------

#3

1(21) Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma St

2(22) Tylan Wallace - WR - Oklahoma St

4(22) Tommy Togiai - DT - Ohio State

5(21) Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota St

6(22) Tarron Jackson - DE - Coastal Carolina

7(20) Nick Eubanks - TE - Michigan

--------------------------------------------

#4

Traded 1(21) >> 2(15) + 3(33) + 2022 2nd (LAC) + Improve (7.20 > 7.13)

Traded 2(15) + 4(22) >> 2(10)

2(10) Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame

2(22) Pat Freiermuth - TE - Penn State

3(33) D'Wayne Eskridge - WR - Western Michigan

5(21) Elerson Smith - DE - Northern Iowa

Traded 6(22) >> 6(24) + 6(44)

6(24) Nick Eubanks - TE - Michigan

6(44) Robert Jones - G - Middle Tennessee

7(13) Lorenzo Neal Jr - DT - Purdue

Gained 2022 2nd (LAC)

Edited by RTTRUTH
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

 

Just for fun. I handled 4 collaborative mock drafts this off-season with a bunch of people. Posted earliest to latest complete. Which one do you like the results of best?

Or if you prefer, which one do you think comes closest to how Ballard will handle this weekend?

 

Draft #1

Traded 1(21) >> 2(2) + 3(11) + Improve (6.20 > 6.2)

2(2) Joseph Ossai - DE - Texas

2(22) Dillon Radunz - OT - North Dakota St

3(11) Quinn Meinerz - OL - Wisconsin-Whitewater

4(22) Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota State

5(21) Derrick Barnes - LB - Purdue

6(2) Tre Brown - CB/KR - Oklahoma

7(20) Chris Evans - RB - Michigan

------------------------------------------

#2

1(21) Kwity Paye - DE - Michigan

2(22) Jalen Mayfield - OT - Michigan

4(22) D'Ante Smith - OL - East Carolina

5(21) Deommodore Lenoir - CB - Oregon

6(22) Cornell Powell - WR - Clemson

7(20) Shane Buechele - QB - SMU

---------------------------------------------

#3

1(21) Teven Jenkins - OT - Oklahoma St

2(22) Tylan Wallace - WR - Oklahoma St

4(22) Tommy Togiai - DT - Ohio State

5(21) Cade Johnson - WR - South Dakota St

6(22) Tarron Jackson - DE - Coastal Carolina

7(20) Nick Eubanks - TE - Michigan

--------------------------------------------

#4

Traded 1(21) >> 2(15) + 3(33) + 2022 2nd (LAC) + Improve (7.20 > 7.13)

Traded 2(15) + 4(22) >> 2(10)

2(10) Liam Eichenberg - OT - Notre Dame

2(22) Pat Freiermuth - TE - Penn State

3(33) D'Wayne Eskridge - WR - Western Michigan

5(21) Elerson Smith - DE - Northern Iowa

Traded 6(22) >> 6(24) + 6(44)

6(24) Nick Eubanks - TE - Michigan

6(44) Robert Jones - G - Middle Tennessee

7(13) Lorenzo Neal Jr - DT - Purdue

Gained 2022 2nd (LAC)

 

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

#2 is my favorite. #s 3+4 I would like better with a CB. #1 isn't significantly lower then the other 3 I’m just not a fan of Jalen Mayfield 

I like 2 with maybe a S at the seventh pick. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...