Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, Justone2 said:

I totally don't. Just a stupid guy tweeting something crazy. There is 0 reason for them to come out and say Mac ain't the pick. What if in one of the next few days something comes out for one or more of the other QB's(severe Injury or Tunsil type stuff do you still take the guy you had rated higher or do you take the guy you expect to actually play. Plus why give other teams more info about what you are doing? 

See my reply to @J-ALL-DAY

Its so hard to really have a 100% opinion on this. We as fans basically have one thing where teams base their decision on in the Film study. All other things like the medical, sitting down and talking to a guy and the background checks(those connections with coaches are huge) are all way more important and its why we see guys that on talent alone should not fall fall every single year. And sometimes they work out but a whole lot of them don't because there was something there. 

Purely based on film Fields for me is on a different level than the other two. And while there isn't a lot of bad press about him that doesn't mean there ain't any. Maybe there is something in his shoulder doctors don't feel 100% about(not that that has stopped us ever) or there are some smaller concerns from scouts if he will continue to work hard once he gets to the next level or feels he has reached his goal when he gets the NFL. I am not saying these things are there but there can be legit reasons for a guy like him to drop even though he is the superior player purely on film.