Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I have a very, very strong desire to go place 3 or 4K down on Fields. 

Seriously. 

I just put another bet on him, I'm up to what amounts to 2 weeks pay total at odds varying from +150 to now +700. Gonna be a hell of a draft.

When you go back and think about Ian saying that Shanahan hasn't been shy about showing his love of Mac, I think it has some legs. I don't see that kind of leaking from the team unless they just straight up didn't care from the start, which may be possible. That would explain why MM was so quick to jump from Fields to Mac after the trade. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

When you go back and think about Ian saying that Shanahan hasn't been shy about showing his love of Mac, I think it has some legs. I don't see that kind of leaking from the team unless they just straight up didn't care from the start, which may be possible. That would explain why MM was so quick to jump from Fields to Mac after the trade. 

That's my thinking, too. It's either Mac and Kyle doesn't really care that we knew it all along, or it's Fields and they did a helluva job at hiding it. 

Everyone says that John has to allow Shanny to draft who he wants, but does Shanny also have sole control of trades. At what point does Lynch actually take some control of the team's future. If I was Lynch I'd have listened to Shanny and then traded up to 5 and saved the 2023 first in the process. The very strong consensus of every expert I've ever read was that Jones would be the 5th QB taken (and many still have him rated in the bottom half of the first or even lower). So very, very strong possibility we get him at 5. If not, we end up taking a guy that everyone aside from Shanny thinks is better, and we still save that 2023 first. When does Lynch step in and not let Shanahan mortgage the team's future just to get his way when the rest of the world thinks he's wrong???

1 minute ago, big9erfan said:

Everyone says that John has to allow Shanny to draft who he wants, but does Shanny also have sole control of trades. At what point does Lynch actually take some control of the team's future. If I was Lynch I'd have listened to Shanny and then traded up to 5 and saved the 2023 first in the process. The very strong consensus of every expert I've ever read was that Jones would be the 5th QB taken (and many still have him rated in the bottom half of the first or even lower). So very, very strong possibility we get him at 5. If not, we end up taking a guy that everyone aside from Shanny thinks is better, and we still save that 2023 first. When does Lynch step in and not let Shanahan mortgage the team's future just to get his way when the rest of the world thinks he's wrong???

Kyle don't care about what he gave up. Value don't matter to him.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I am resigned to the pick being mac. 

Man, what a bittersweet offseason.

N4L in December, january, february, and march: "We NEED to trade up for a QB. Have some balls and make the move!"

49ers trade up in March

49ers select f ukin mccorkle jones in April

N4L in April/may/the rest of his life "should have stayed at #12 and kept the picks"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N4L said:

Yeah, I am resigned to the pick being mac. 

Man, what a bittersweet offseason.

N4L in December, january, february, and march: "We NEED to trade up for a QB. Have some balls and make the move!"

49ers trade up in March

49ers select f ukin mccorkle jones in April

N4L in April/may/the rest of his life "should have stayed at #12 and kept the picks"

N4L in Feb 2022 wearing his custom McCorkle jersey watching him win the 49ers #6.

I'm a glass is half full guy.

• Like 1