Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Yeah, his earlier quotes certainly seemed like he wanted to trade Jimmy away ASAP but then he did circle back and said this. And it's not just being blown away from a certain offer, Jimmy has a no trade clause so it's not like you can trade him anywhere...Counter argument to that is his contract and no one giving him 25M but he can just force a release if he wants to. I don't know, but my opinion really hasn't changed. Still favor Lance but don't think Fields can be counted out and obviously neither can Mac. 

5 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I wish you luck man

Thanks I definitely need it.. but by no means will a Mac bankrupt me.. thank God for crypto 😂

It was meant as a serious question. I've read that Shanahan gets to make draft pics but really don't know how much control Shanahan has over trades, or the cap for that matter. Who makes the call about how much to offer a guy and letting him walk if the offer is not good enough? Who makes the call about whether to move up or down in the draft, as opposed to who makes the pick?

If he makes all the trades and all the picks why do we even have a GM?

Just now, big9erfan said:

It was meant as a serious question. I've read that Shanahan gets to make draft pics but really don't know how much control Shanahan has over trades, or the cap for that matter. Who makes the call about how much to offer a guy and letting him walk if the offer is not good enough? Who makes the call about whether to move up or down in the draft, as opposed to who makes the pick?

If he makes all the trades and all the picks why do we even have a GM?

Probably a committee approach. I think Kyle clearly has final say on offensive personnel...Paraag than tries to make it work financially. Not sure how the defensive side fits. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Probably a committee approach. I think Kyle clearly has final say on offensive personnel...Paraag than tries to make it work financially. Not sure how the defensive side fits. 

either way we have really shouldnt have him doing that.. John shoulda have told him no and we will wait and see..

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

But "final say" is kind of the heart of what I don't get. Do you think Lynch could have told Shanny he was not spending 3 firsts and a 3rd to move up to 3rd but he would spend 2 firsts and the 3rd to move up to 5th? It's responsibility for the details I'm curious about. If Lynch had any control over making this trade and it doesn't work out then he is equally responsible.

Edited by big9erfan
7 minutes ago, SonsofFenris7 said:

either way we have really shouldnt have him doing that.. John shoulda have told him no and we will wait and see..

"I'm sorry son. I know I told you that you could buy any shoes you want, butI'm not going to let you spend $2,000 on a pair of basketball shoes. $200 is your limit. Now go pick out whatever you want with that limit mind"!

• Like 1

How many times do we have to lose to dual threat qbs before kyle decides that there is inherent value with having a QB who can run??

Doesnt he hate losing to QBs and coaches that he deems to be inferior to him? 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

How many times do we have to lose to dual threat qbs before kyle decides that there is inherent value with having a QB who can run??

Doesnt he hate losing to QBs and coaches that he deems to be inferior to him? 

He believes in himself. The only thing keeping him from being one of the best coaches inhistory is his ego and his inflexibility. It's already cost him a SB. I just hope it doesn't result in the 49ers having a decade of being a bit above average.

Edited by big9erfan
Just now, big9erfan said:

He believes in himself. The only thing keeping him from being one of the best coaches inhistory is his ego and his inflexibility. It's already cost him a SB. I just hope it doesn't cost the 49ers a decade of being a bit above average.

We are now the San Fran Browns