Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I can't with you lol.

Just a few hours ago you said you are pretty sure it is Lance and now it's a lock that it is McCorkle?? Say it ain't so! 

Give me a minute. In a 53 minutes its going to be Creed Humphrey 

• Like 1

I would have thought KC was going to be the model kyle would look to:

1) offensive genius HC who never won the big game

2) Brilliant offensive scheme, got a lot out of whichever QB he had, but never had a top guy

3) drafts a "project QB" with ELITE physical traits

4) Lets him sit a year behind a veteran, game manager type QB

5) Elite physical traits + elite coaching + elite supporting cast = one of the best offenses of all time

6) said player is able to capitalize on the schemes ability to generate plays WHILE ALSO doing things off script that transcend/elevate the scheme

7) Three AFCCGs in a row, including 2 superbowls, in three years starting

Idk how you can look at that, and have them TAKE A RING OFF YOUR FINGER and be like - nah, im good. I dont want a QB who could potentially be my own version of that. 

FFS TAKE THE GAMBLE ON THE GUY WITH ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. GIVE HIM THE COACHING AND SUPPORTING CAST HE NEEDS UNTIL HE LEARNS THE REST OF IT

• Like 1

I respect Middlekauff on the anti-Jones train as he keeps saying he was told Fields is the pick by someone and then said he was also told it's not going to be Jones lol.

• Like 3
Just now, N4L said:

2) Brilliant offensive scheme, got a lot out of whichever QB he had, but never had a top guy

5) Elite physical traits + elite coaching + elite supporting cast = one of the best offenses of all time

6) said player is able to capitalize on the schemes ability to generate plays WHILE ALSO doing things off script that transcend/elevate the scheme

Idk how you can look at that, and have them TAKE A RING OFF YOUR FINGER and be like - nah, im good. I dont want a QB who could potentially be my own version of that. 

FFS TAKE THE GAMBLE ON THE GUY WITH ELITE PHYSICAL TRAITS. GIVE HIM THE COACHING AND SUPPORTING CAST HE NEEDS UNTIL HE LEARNS THE REST OF IT

He must have Cousins vs Saints on repeat. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I respect Middlekauff on the anti-Jones train as he keeps saying he was told Fields is the pick by someone and then said he was also told it's not going to be Jones lol.

Lol and he think it's Lance 🤣

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Side note...I've just discovered the awesomeness of their podcast this off season. Highly recommended for those who like to listen to stuff. 

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

He'll learn...when he's not in control. We are to Kyle what the eagles were to Andy 

3 minutes ago, 49ers fan said:

Chris Simms has Fields falling to 32 lol

I really don’t understand the hatred for Fields. So bizarre.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I really don’t understand the hatred for Fields. So bizarre.

In the meantime, JT O'Sullivan has Fields as his #1 QB ahead of Lawrence, and Jones 6th after Kellen Mond. And he also has Lance ahead of Wilson, but he's admittedly not studied them thoroughly. It just goes to show how all over the place the evaluations are this year. Is it because there are a lot more armchair GMs suddenly finding a voice on the internet, or are this year's QBs just all much closer together than we're used to see the top QBs be in any given draft?

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 2