Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Could be, but I don't know. Like I really believe Shanny/Lynch aren't telling anyone until the day of the draft or the day before. 

Interested in seeing what King says. I'd tend to guess similar to Ian where he mocks Jones but mentions some buzz on Lance. 

I can't imagine King not mocking Mac. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Could be, but I don't know. Like I really believe Shanny/Lynch aren't telling anyone until the day of the draft or the day before. 

Interested in seeing what King says. I'd tend to guess similar to Ian where he mocks Jones but mentions some buzz on Lance. 

I expect that as well. I'm sure it'll be a good read, but i doubt he'll be breaking any bombshells. 

I doubt that when Goodell is walking to the podium, none of us will know. At some point, we do have to tell our assistant coaches & execs, and that's when you'll get the leaks. I think we'll get confirmation as early as 24 hours before the draft, but more likely during the afternoon on April 29. 

I’m calling it, it’s Fields. Subtle things point me in this direction, I will be pretty heart broken otherwise.

The middle man between Jones and Lance, I just can’t see us trading up to #3 for Jones, a guy that has Great pocket presence but just doesn’t fit the upside I figure we would look for in today’s nfl QB l, especially with the moldable talent on the board and I can’t see us fully depending on Lance’s upside while he has a long way to go in regards to being a starting qb......Fields fits perfectly in between them

Edited by P_locniners

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

+550 right now

DOUBLE DOWN 

+550 AIYUK KIDDING ME? 

Seriously though, fields deep accuracy with aiyuks speed and length would be killer. If Kyle doesn't go fields, he better go Lance 

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I’m calling it, it’s Fields. Subtle things point me in this direction, I will be pretty heart broken otherwise.

The middle man between Jones and Lance, I just can’t see us trading up to #3 for Jones, a guy that has Greta pocket presence but just doesn’t fit the upside I figure we would look for in today’s nfl QB and I can’t see us fully depending on Lance’s upside......Fields fits perfectly in between them

I still agree. The markets are swinging wildly because of a tweet from Rapaport.. To me it doesn't make any sense for them to publicly rule out Fields right before the draft.

Just now, N4L said:

DOUBLE DOWN 

+550 AIYUK KIDDING ME? 

Seriously though, fields deep accuracy with aiyuks speed and length would be killer. If Kyle doesn't go fields, he better go Lance 

+650 on Fanduel 😉

• Like 1

King's mock is out

3. San Francisco 49ers (from Miami via Houston)—Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

Hearing it’s a two-horse race with Trey Lance. Quite a few of the experts will faint if this pick happens, and then outrage will ensue, and how-could-they-pass-on-Fields-and-Lance hot takes will flood the earth. GM John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan—with contracts that run through 2024 and 2025, respectively—do not care. They have not cared about public sentiment since taking these jobs, and this is their fifth draft. In their first, 2017, I was in the room as it happened, and these were the top three players on the board: 1 Myles Garrett, 2 Solomon Thomas, 3 Reuben Foster. With the third pick, they were sure to get one of those. But Foster? Really? No one had him that high. Lynch: “Had Solomon been gone, we’d have taken Foster. And been happy.” My point: Shanahan and Lynch won’t care what order the draftniks have the quarterbacks, or any position.

Shanahan believes Jones is the accurate coach-on-the-field type he craves. As one coach in QB-prospecting mode told me this spring: “Jones has elite NFL traits. He’s a natural thrower, is technically very sound, very accurate and throws a catchable ball. His base and mechanics are excellent.” He’s not the athlete a Lance or Fields is, but he doesn’t have feet of stone. I’ll be fascinated—we all will—if Jones is the pick. And I can see it happening.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, adamq said:

King's mock is out

Hearing it’s a two-horse race with Trey Lance. Quite a few of the experts will faint if this pick happens, and then outrage will ensue, and how-could-they-pass-on-Fields-and-Lance hot takes will flood the earth. GM John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan—with contracts that run through 2024 and 2025, respectively—do not care. They have not cared about public sentiment since taking these jobs, and this is their fifth draft. In their first, 2017, I was in the room as it happened, and these were the top three players on the board: 1 Myles Garrett, 2 Solomon Thomas, 3 Reuben Foster. With the third pick, they were sure to get one of those. But Foster? Really? No one had him that high. Lynch: “Had Solomon been gone, we’d have taken Foster. And been happy.” My point: Shanahan and Lynch won’t care what order the draftniks have the quarterbacks, or any position.

Shanahan believes Jones is the accurate coach-on-the-field type he craves. As one coach in QB-prospecting mode told me this spring: “Jones has elite NFL traits. He’s a natural thrower, is technically very sound, very accurate and throws a catchable ball. His base and mechanics are excellent.” He’s not the athlete a Lance or Fields is, but he doesn’t have feet of stone. I’ll be fascinated—we all will—if Jones is the pick. And I can see it happening.

Not surprising whatsoever.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, adamq said:

King's mock is out

He sounded more excited about the prospect of the better story for him than being accurate 

• Like 1