Draft Week! Third Overall Pick - POLL

N4L

Who do you want the niners to draft?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2021 at 12:00 AM

Everything's just noise, I still think we're looking at Fields. It's easy to spin the narrative to what one wants. Even if insiders are giving information to all these reporters and whatnot, who's to say they're not misinterpreting what's being said. During the QB evaluation meetings a heated discussion over Mac and and Lance can mean something or it can mean nothing. Or Kyle in same meeting praising Mac's processing speed is him playing devil's advocate to another scouts take. POV is everything in how one interprets it and subsequently reports on it.

Point is nobody knows anything and will only be seen as factual after the fact. 

Just now, John232 said:

If we go Mac and it doesn’t go exceedingly well year 1, I’m totally out on Kyle. Put up or shut up time.

It'll be fine. The worst he likely will be is Jimmy part two, and that's assuming that things I think will carry over don't. Example: 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It'll be fine. The worst he likely will be is Jimmy part two, and that's assuming that things I think will carry over don't. Example: 

Glad we dealt 3 first round picks for Jimmy G - cheap.

this is like seeing someone divorce their spouse and then marrying the younger version of ex-spouse. 

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

If it was Fields, there would have to be SOMETHING linking us to him right? There's basically been nothing

Never say never, but i do feel like he's out. It should be Lance at this point, but who knows

I don’t think that is true, if the Niners have been tight lipped and the media has created their own narrative, the Niners can’t control that. They could be 100% in on Fields, but because nothing has leaked and the media needs something, they will just take what people have “heard”.

I still think nothing has leaked and if it has (narrowing down to Lance or Jones), I think that would be done on purpose.

I think the lack of new regarding Fields may be more telling than if there was news at this point.

im calling Fields for the pick 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

Glad we dealt 3 first round picks for Jimmy G - cheap.

this is like seeing someone divorce their spouse and then marrying the younger version of ex-spouse. 

To be clear, I think the pocket stuff should be fine. But that's the one big advantage I think he has over Jimmy. Jimmy with pocket awareness is probably a damn good QB. Sometimes Mac has lapses like that florida play, but anyone can look bad on a single clip. But if the pocket awareness doesn't carry over like I think it will, yeah, he's basically Jimmy. 

The thing that is important to remember with Fields is that he puts the ball on the ground a lot too. That's a problem for a coach that has been plagued with inadequacies in the turnover game. Fields  has fumbled like 10+ times in his OSU career...that's only 22 starts or whatever. That could be a major issue for Shanny (hypothetically). Lance, in contrast, had 1 int in 17 games and only 6 fumbles with 2 lost. Mac I think only fumbled it twice last year. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing that is important to remember with Fields is that he puts the ball on the ground a lot too. That's a problem for a coach that has been plagued with inadequacies in the turnover game. Fields  has fumbled like 10+ times in his OSU career...that's only 22 starts or whatever. That could be a major issue for Shanny (hypothetically). Lance, in contrast, had 1 int in 17 games and only 6 fumbles with 2 lost. Mac I think only fumbled it twice last year. 

Fields also takes a lot of sacks too, right? 

Lance just makes the most sense. Safe with the ball, played in a PA heavy offense, has all the physical tools, compares most to Josh Allen who Shanny apparently has a man crush on. How is NOT him?

1 hour ago, 49ers fan said:

Chris Simms has Fields falling to 32 lol

If Fields falls to 32 and we drafted Mac at 3, I'd be open to trading up for Fields and having them both compete. I remember hearing we almost did such a play when Rodgers was falling even after drafting Alex.

8 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Fields also takes a lot of sacks too, right? 

Lance just makes the most sense. Safe with the ball, played in a PA heavy offense, has all the physical tools, compares most to Josh Allen who Shanny apparently has a man crush on. How is NOT him?

It's easier to justify Mac over Lance in my opinion. I mean, Lance is one of the biggest projections I have ever seen. Cam would probably be the closest but Cam still spent that one year at an SEC; Lance is coming from North Dakota State lol. 

So if people say that they prefer to Mac to Lance, I get it. If your preference is floor to ceiling with this type of pick it makes sense. i'll never quite understand the Mac > Fields, thing, but given the specific situation of Lance, I do get it if people prefer Mac to him. Not my choice, but far easier for me to understand.